Same here. Need to uninstall older version of Fennec first.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:26 AM
    @conite yesterday I thought I would wipe and refresh my passport and upon reloading X-Plore and signing in again, turns out that the Sign in process may have changed cause I can no longer login using the same version of the app I've had working for DropBox all this time.
    CRAP!!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    I still find Basket works great.
    01-14-20 08:26 AM
    Yep, so do I. Clunky to get installed but works great once that's out of the way.
    01-14-20 08:35 AM
    I tried once with no luck but I will try again I guess
    01-14-20 09:30 AM
    I tried once with no luck but I will try again I guess
    It works for me but I found sometimes I need to clear the cache as it doesn't sync properly when I try to download a folder that I've changed in Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 01:52 PM
    It works for me but I found sometimes I need to clear the cache as it doesn't sync properly when I try to download a folder that I've changed in Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    That is true. Poll interval seems a bit long.
    01-14-20 02:01 PM
    Cool. I like newpipe for YouTube. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:48 PM
    @XcrazyS, while the speed of your TelegramX app is phenomenal I face a strange issue. I used to be able to share a website URL or photo using the Share dialog with the F-Droid version of Telegram. Now with the TelegramX I am unable to do so. The app shows up on the Share dialog alright. A set of contacts too are shown for selection. But once selected the corresponding chat window opens but nothing is shared. I am having to attach stuff using the Telegram option within the chat window. Could this be a permissions issue?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 01:46 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Can you provide screen recording or screenshots? Everything should work.
    01-15-20 04:38 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Can you provide screen recording or screenshots? Everything should work.
    I am not sure how I could demonstrate this. Any ideas how? I select a photo from the Camera app and click Share. Select TelegramX. Select the contact I want to share to. The appropriate chat window opens but the image is not there. So I just attach the file from within Telegram. Does that help?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 04:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was trying to use Fennec browser to get Basket working on my Passport which failed repeatedly so I decided to email the URL to my computer and then email the Tolken back again to my Passport and it worked. Someone should have specified to use a computer instead of trying to fudge around on BB10 device.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-15-20 at 09:41 AM.
    01-15-20 09:17 AM
    @XcrazyS, while the speed of your TelegramX app is phenomenal I face a strange issue. I used to be able to share a website URL or photo using the Share dialog with the F-Droid version of Telegram. Now with the TelegramX I am unable to do so. The app shows up on the Share dialog alright. A set of contacts too are shown for selection. But once selected the corresponding chat window opens but nothing is shared. I am having to attach stuff using the Telegram option within the chat window. Could this be a permissions issue?

Pass(ion)Port!
    Try going to the actual file/photo via file system and when opened choose to share to selected app and see if that makes a difference. I at times have this issue with original Telegram and Telegram X and it seems to work.

01-15-20 09:44 AM
    Try going to the actual file/photo via file system and when opened choose to share to selected app and see if that makes a difference. I at times have this issue with original Telegram and Telegram X and it seems to work.

That is exactly what I am doing and that does not work. Everything works just fine if I use the Telegram app itself.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 09:49 AM
    That is exactly what I am doing and that does not work. Everything works just fine if I use the Telegram app itself.

Pass(ion)Port!
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but make a new folder on your device (not inside another folder) and move the file there. See if said app will then include it in a msg.
    I had to do this at one time but it fixed itself, not sure how
    01-15-20 12:38 PM
    @Naimisha,
    Your device has 10.3.2 installed, as you previously told us. 10.3.2 - contains a lot of problems.
    01-15-20 01:02 PM
    Yes, thanks, same for me, had to uninstall first
    01-15-20 03:07 PM
    Now that I have made link available I would like to share a version of Lite Facebook that has worked wonderfully for me and also gives notifications in the hub. Actual app notifications

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fg01s7vuh...r.com.apk?dl=0

Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-img_20200115_203900_792.jpeg
    01-15-20 07:39 PM
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but make a new folder on your device (not inside another folder) and move the file there. See if said app will then include it in a msg.
    I had to do this at one time but it fixed itself, not sure how
    The native file manager does not allow creation of root level folders. I created a new folder within Downloads. Copied a file there. Tried sharing. Exact same effect. No change.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:20 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Your device has 10.3.2 installed, as you previously told us. 10.3.2 - contains a lot of problems.
    What a pity. I never got the OTA update here in my country. How critical would you say is the move to 10.3.3? And is it worth going through the hassle of wiping, using the autoloader and then setting everything back up exactly the way I like it?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:21 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Yes, while BBW is still working - you need to upgrade the device to 10.3.3, "cleanly", and not restore the settings from previous versions of the firmware, but create a new, "clean" backup copy with installed applications. It is this "clean" main backup that will remain with you for the entire subsequent period of use of the device.
    10.3.3 is more suitable for use with Android applications.
    Updates depend on the service provider. If the service provider does not consider it necessary to distribute the update, you can never wait for the firmware update. Maybe your service provider just forgot about Blackberry 10 in your area.
    Only on one device on Blackberry 10 you can’t install 10.3.3 - this is the Z10 STL100-1, due to incompatibility. The optimal firmware for this device is 10.3.2.2813. All other devices can and should be installed 10.3.3.
    My Passport has the latest version of firmware installed and I have no problems with any application.
    01-16-20 05:01 AM
    @XcrazyS, I guess I can do worse than clean the device up with a full format.

Is this the link I should be using for the latest autoloader? Are there any other things I should know before I step into this? I would really like to keep using the Passport and dont mind spending time to do research to make sure I am doing the right things.

Can anyone from India confirm that this is the latest OTA update? 10.3.2.286. Or did we get a 10.3.3?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 05:47 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Ask this in the profile topic about firmware. Not for this I created a theme. Among all these comments, the main point of this topic is lost.
    01-16-20 07:03 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Ask this in the profile topic about firmware. Not for this I created a theme. Among all these comments, the main point of this topic is lost.
    I hope you don't mind me adding a couple links like the Lite Facebook I added just above so everyone can have an excellent working Facebook alternative. I did try yours and it crashed repeatedly. The one I added gives app notifications in the HUB and works great

01-16-20 07:10 AM
    I hope you don't mind me adding a couple links like the Lite Facebook I added just above so everyone can have an excellent working Facebook alternative. I did try yours and it crashed repeatedly. The one I added gives app notifications in the HUB and works great

I remember we discussed this on another thread, and at the time I said I was using version 87.0.0.7.184. And I said that it worked ok, with the only glitch being sometimes that when I opened the app from the notification, it would freeze But not always, only sometimes). Now, I downloaded your version to test; so far I haven't received any notification, but what I noticed is that when I start the app, it takes up some seconds to load up the main picture on any thread. I'll test it for a few days and report back, most probably not in this thread.
    01-16-20 10:59 AM
    I remember we discussed this on another thread, and at the time I said I was using version 87.0.0.7.184. And I said that it worked ok, with the only glitch being sometimes that when I opened the app from the notification, it would freeze But not always, only sometimes). Now, I downloaded your version to test; so far I haven't received any notification, but what I noticed is that when I start the app, it takes up some seconds to load up the main picture on any thread. I'll test it for a few days and report back, most probably not in this thread.
    It's random, sometimes it loads quick and others it takes a few seconds but works well. Usually from the notifications in the HUB it loads quicker for me.

Since I have wiped my Passport everything is running smoother and the Lite Facebook takes 4-5 seconds sometimes and others a few more but for a fully functional app with messenger built in I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-16-20 at 12:15 PM.
    01-16-20 11:41 AM
351 ... 89101112 ...