Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-17-19 07:39 PM
132 123 ...
tools
    Hello, members of the forum.
    My name is Leo, and I am from Russia.
    I like to customize the system and adapt native and Android applications under Blackberry 10.

To download files from Yandex Disk, you can use:
    • Browser PaperBird (BBW) in "User Agent" mode "Opera Desktop".
    • Almost any Android Browser, including the system Android Browser (which can be opened using the Application Manager).

Adapted applications:
    FOSS Youtube/Sound Cloud - client of New Pipe version 0.17.1
    Team Viewer 1.4.3.198
    Telegram X 0.21.9.1172 with data transfer script to a sdcard

8-Ball Script for Action Trigger
    WhatsApp data transfer script to a sdcard
    Kiwi Browser Genie 75.0
    WiFi Analyzer 3.11.1
    Native Bar Files Part 1
    Native Bar Files Part 2
    Browser Ghostery 2.4.7
    Magic Earth 7.1.19.20
    Telegram X 0.22.0.1205
    Facebook Lite 167.0.0.4.120
    TeamViewer 14.6.236
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 10-17-19 at 04:47 AM.
    07-17-19 10:39 AM
    FOSS Youtube/Sound Cloud - client of New Pipe version 0.16.2 by XcrazyS:
    The version is outdated - a link to a more recent version in the topic header.

• Lowered SDK version to 16 - runs on Android 4.3,
    • The display name of the A New Pipe application (A is Russian, for Russian-language settings of the system, A is English, for English-speaking) for the convenience of searching Type and Go and displaying the application in the first three Open with and Share (from under Android applications ),
    • AutoCorrect is connected in all input fields,
    • Restored magnifying glass and text selection sliders,
    • Translation language - Russian / English,
    • Icon in the style of Blackberry for all devices on the Blackberry 10,
    • Cosmetic-graphic solutions for the overall style of the Blackberry.

You can use Type and Go to enter a query:
    • Enter a query using Type and Go,
    • Select the request and select the New Pipe application through the context menu "Share".

Similarly, it can be done from any other application - in this case: the text sent to the application will be inserted into the search bar, and the sent link to the video will trigger playback.
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 10-17-19 at 04:03 AM.
    svanneste likes this.
    07-17-19 01:27 PM
    Yep, that's the legacy version front-end from F-Droid. I think several people here on CB are using. I've used it previously and it works fine. Have you tweaked it in any way specifically for BB10? Oh - sorry - yes just noticed cosmetic changes etc. What I meant to ask is the Legacy NewPipe version on F-Droid exactly the same as your version?
    07-17-19 02:50 PM
    Versions of Legacy 0.16.2 does not exist for Android 4.3. There is only 0.16.1, but it is full of errors. I took version 0.16.2 for Android 4.4 and modified it for launch on Android 4.3 and connected all the regular text editing features. Install and compare.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-17-19 03:02 PM
    Versions of Legacy 0.16.2 does not exist for Android 4.3. There is only 0.16.1, but it is full of errors. I took version 0.16.2 for Android 4.4 and modified it for launch on Android 4.3 and connected all the regular text editing features. Install and compare.
    In the app description it says 0.16.2 is for "android 4.1 or newer"?

Version 0.16.2 (20) - Added on 2019-06-14

This version requires Android 4.1 or newer.

It is built and signed by F-Droid, and guaranteed to correspond to this source tarball.
    Permissions

have full network access
    Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
    prevent phone from sleeping
    Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
    view network connections
    Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
    modify or delete the contents of your SD card
    Allows the app to write to the SD card.
    This app can appear on top of other apps
    This app can appear on top of other apps or other parts of the screen. This may interfere with normal app usage and change the way that other apps appear.
    run foreground service
    Allows the app to make use of foreground services.
    read the contents of your SD card
    Allows the app to read the contents of your SD card

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....newpipelegacy/

Regardless, it seems to work fine on my Passport for what I use it for (very rarely).
    07-17-19 05:26 PM
    I can call myself an expert on setting up the Blackberry device and adapting Android applications under Blackberry 10.
    If the administration of your forum allows me, I’m ready to share my ideas and articles with you.
    It would be more comfortable for me to write in my own language if forum rules allow.
    It will be interesting - I guarantee.
    (Articles, scripts, scripts under the Action Trigger, Adapted Android applications)
    Hi Leo,

Just posted on your other thread, but welcome to Crackberry! Always good to have another Blackberry 10 enthusiast on board. I absolutely DO NOT moderate or speak for CB, but as far as I'm concerned post away. I've not seen a need for a YouTube or Soundcloud client, as there is still a native Blackberry 10 Soundcloud client that works fine and YouTube native apps that do as well, but please share whatever information/tweaking you have. The more info the better.
    07-17-19 10:22 PM
    The full version was released on June 1, Legacy - on June 12. I did not notice that the Legacy build was released. In any case - my build is different in design and text capabilities - compare text selection sliders, system magnifying glass in text input fields.

TeamViewer
    • Application Version - 1.4.3.198,
    • Removed ban on Blackberry devices,
    • Restored text selection sliders and magnifier glass,
    • Words autochange is connected,
    • Libraries removed (left only for armeabi-v7a),
    • Translation language - Russian / English,
    • Icon in the style of Blackberry for all devices on the Blackberry 10.

Telegram X
    • Application Version - 0.21.9.1172,
    • Built-in system font Blackberry,
    • Removed markup for Android above version 4.3,
    • Optimized graphics,
    • Icon in the style of Blackberry for all devices on the Blackberry 10,
    • The compression of libraries has been removed, so - (possibly) it will increase the speed of the application, reduce the load on the RAM, and, consequently, optimize the battery consumption.

In order not to "rape" the internal memory of the device - a script for moving the Telegram X temporary directory to a sdcard.
    Before use - make sure that there is enough free space on the sdcard to transfer temporary files.
    Before running the script - unload the Telegram application through the "Device Monitor".
    Open and run the script - with the help of Helium (BBW) and do not close Helium until "message" that the folder has been moved:

"Open Helium" - "Three dots" - "Open script (.sh)" - "Three dots" - "Run".

When connecting the device to a PC as a USB drive or when removing a sdcard - Telegram must be unloaded from memory.
    Code:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    export teldir="/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Android/data"
    export teldirsd="/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/Android/data"
    mv $teldir/"org.thunderdog.challegram" $teldirsd/"org.thunderdog.challegram" &&
    ln -s $teldirsd/"org.thunderdog.challegram" $teldir &&
    print "Telegram X folder moved to sdcard"
    Link to script - Yandex Disk
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 10-17-19 at 04:04 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-18-19 03:07 AM
    The magic ball "8-Ball", based on the movie "Route 60".
    The script for the native Action Trigger application on a random number pseudo-generator.
    Yandex Disk

Installation Instructions:

1. Set the Action Trigger from BBW,
    2. Download and unzip the script Magic 8-Ball by XcrazyS,
    3. "Library" - "Three points" - "Import".

Startup Instructions:

• If desired, you can create a shortcut to your desktop:
      "Library" - Select the script - "Settings" - "Home Screen Shortcuts" - "Add",
    • You can run as a shortcut, or through:
      "Dashboard" - Select a script.
    • The script is looped, i.e. will be executed until you disable the Action Trigger application, or disable the execution of the script through the "Dashboard".

Instructions for use:

• Run the script,
    • Ask a question,
    • Shake the phone or turn it over sharply until the device vibrates,
    • The answer will be accompanied by a beep.
    • After receiving the answer and pause in 5 seconds - you can ask the question again (the script is looped).

Positive:
    ● It is certain
    ● It is decidedly so
    ● Without a doubt
    ● Yes — definitely
    ● You may rely on it

Undeterminably positive::
    ● As I see it, yes
    ● Most likely
    ● Outlook good
    ● Signs point to yes
    ● Yes

Neutral:
    ● Reply hazy, try again
    ● Ask again later
    ● Better not tell you now
    ● Cannot predict now
    ● Concentrate and ask again

Negative:
    ● Don’t count on it
    ● My reply is no
    ● My sources say no
    ● Outlook not so good
    ● Very doubtful
    Icon to create a shortcut:
    Attached Thumbnails Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-8-ball-cover.png  
    svanneste likes this.
    07-18-19 03:04 PM
    WhatsApp data transfer script to a sdcard.

Startup Instructions:
    1. Make sure that there is enough free space on the sdcard to transfer WhatsApp folder,
    2. Before running the script - unload the WhatsApp application through the "Device Monitor",
    3. Install Helium from BBW,
    4. Download and unzip the script "WhatsApp folder to sdcard by XcrazyS",
    5. "Open Helium" - "Three dots" - "Open script (.sh)" - "Three dots" - "Run",
    6. Do not close Helium until "message" that the folder has been moved.

When connecting the device to a PC as a USB drive or when removing a sdcard - WhatsApp must be unloaded from memory.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    export wadir="/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android"
    export wadirsd="/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/Android"
    mv $wadir/WhatsApp $wadirsd/WhatsApp &&
    ln -s $wadirsd/WhatsApp $wadir &&
    print "WhatsApp folder moved to sdcard"
    Link to script - Yandex Disk.
    07-19-19 07:55 AM
    Magic Earth

The best navigation application that I could find and adapt to Blackberry 10.
    List of changes:
    • Application Version - 7.1.19.7,
    • AutoCorrect is connected in the input fields,
    • Restored magnifying glass and text selection sliders,
    • Blackberry style app icon for all devices on Blackberry 10,
    • Small changes in the graphic part.

Application settings for best performance:
    • Maps are best loaded into the device’s internal memory,
    • Map Layers - Traffic / Traffic Cameras (unless others are required),
    • Card Styles - Standard,
    • Infrastructure objects - the less - the better,
    • Map 2D / 3D - '2D".

Later I will talk about how to manage applications through the URI-scheme and how to create shortcuts to the desktop to quickly launch navigation and how to integrate Android applications URI-scheme into the "Type and Go" system function.
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 10-17-19 at 04:05 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-20-19 08:56 AM
    Hi Leo, I try to run the 2 script for telegram x and WhatsApp. Unfortunately I encountered error. Any advise?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-19 09:19 AM
    Hello, ZanariahM.
    What error do you mean? What is your OS version? Is your sdcard encrypted?
    Provide the screenshot of the Helium application with an error.
    07-21-19 12:32 PM
    Hi xcrazys,

Please look at image attach for my OS version and error. No, my sdcard is not encrypted.

Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-whatsapp-image-2019-07-22-7.38.06-am.jpegAdapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-whatsapp-image-2019-07-22-7.38.05-am.jpeg
    07-21-19 06:41 PM
    ZanariahM,
    The answer is simple - create an "Android" directory on the sdcard ("sdcard/Android"). Usually this directory is created automatically by other Android applications. I will update the scripts a little later to add the command to create this directory if it does not exist.
    07-22-19 02:44 AM
    Hi xcrazys, now it worked for WhatsApp but not for Telegram X. Any idea what can I do? Thank you for the great works!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-19 06:44 AM
    Manage to make it work now! Perfect and work like charm! Thabk you xcrazys for good work.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-19 08:27 AM
    I can call myself an expert on setting up the Blackberry device and adapting Android applications under Blackberry 10.
    If the administration of your forum allows me, I’m ready to share my ideas and articles with you.
    It would be more comfortable for me to write in my own language if forum rules allow.
    It will be interesting - I guarantee.
    (Articles, scripts, scripts under the Action Trigger, Adapted Android applications)
    hi XcrazyS!! Thank so much for work!! i would like to ask you if it possible to provide us a browser? Thank you again!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-19 09:28 AM
    Hello, 7mike9,
    A little later I will publish two browsers:
    • A modified version of "Kiwi Browser" (adaptation) - for opening particularly heavy and demanding sites,
    • A modified version of "Via Browser" (redesign and adaptation), built on the standard WebView component of the Android 4.3 system - for everyday use (import bookmarks, minimum power consumption and ad blocking (list of "hosts").
    elfabio80 and brookie229 like this.
    07-29-19 03:14 PM
    Hello, 7mike9,
    • A modified version of "Kiwi Browser" (adaptation) - for opening particularly heavy and demanding sites,
    • A modified version of "Via Browser" (redesign and adaptation), built on the standard WebView component of the Android 4.3 system - for everyday use (import bookmarks, minimum power consumption and ad blocking (list of "hosts").
    Looking forward to trying them. I use Kiwi v.72.0.3626.76 right now. Would be nice to have Duckduckgo as a search engine choice.
    07-29-19 04:26 PM
    Hello, 7mike9,
    Thank you so much!!! i am looking forward to try them.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-19 05:40 PM
    Brookie229,
    In order to add any search engine in Kiwi it is not necessary to modify the application, this can be done using the standard procedure:
    • Go to the website duckduckgo.com,
    • Type a query, click search and wait for the page to load the results,
    • "Three points" - "Settings" - "Search engine" - Kiwi will automatically pick up "Duckduckgo" - "Set as default".

Or do you mean to add it instead of the default search engine in order to be able to delete application data through the "Device monitor" and not to install a search engine every time?
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-29-19 06:27 PM
    Brookie229,
    In order to add any search engine in Kiwi it is not necessary to modify the application, this can be done using the standard procedure:
    • Go to the website duckduckgo.com,
    • Type a query, click search and wait for the page to load the results,
    • "Three points" - "Settings" - "Search engine" - Kiwi will automatically pick up "Duckduckgo" - "Set as default".

Or do you mean to add it instead of the default search engine in order to be able to delete application data through the "Device monitor" and not to install a search engine every time?
    Ahhh - totally forgot about that! Thanks for the heads-up. Still nice to see your work. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-19 06:39 PM
    Hi xrazys, I have one question. After I re-flash my q5 I reperform the script for WhatsApp and telegram. Issue I have right now is that, after the folders are all moved to sd, now I unable to download and share pictures on those two chat apps. Previously it worked. Any advise?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-19 09:43 PM
    Hello, ZanariahM.
    I need more information. Please run a test script and send me its results.
    https://ides.ru/ya/https://yadi.sk/d/8R9E4cNyXMUZOw

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 10-17-19 at 04:06 AM.
    08-03-19 03:18 AM
    Hi xcrazys please find the pic attached after i ran the script (attachment). Error i get ... cannot read or write...
    Attached Thumbnails Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-img_20190803_230524.png   Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-img_20190803_230531.png  
    08-03-19 10:15 AM
132 123 ...