For the most part there is nothing you can do, but if you do get that warning box asking for Google Services, try tapping outside the box. In some cases the app will allow you to have limited functions. If that is not available then nothing can be done.
    Don't they get patched anymore by Cobalt's method??
    For the fake Google services to keep the app working, he can install MicroG services. Pardon me if I'm off the track.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-20 11:01 PM
    Don't they get patched anymore by Cobalt's method??
    For the fake Google services to keep the app working, he can install MicroG services. Pardon me if I'm off the track.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Cobalt's stack is of much use anymore (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) and MicroG won't work either except perhaps for a small number of apps (again, I may be corrected).
    07-24-20 11:13 PM
    I don't think Cobalt's stack is of much use anymore (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) and MicroG won't work either except perhaps for a small number of apps (again, I may be corrected).
    Both Cobalt and MicroG are based on older version of Google Services. So the success is going to depend on what the app is looking for or is compatible with. Being we are talking about some changes that came into effect three years ago, the success rate is not going to be all that high at this point.

Think Yalp might have a newer client (but not sure of that).... but last I looked it was no longer actively being developed either.
    07-27-20 10:04 AM
    Both Cobalt and MicroG are based on older version of Google Services. So the success is going to depend on what the app is looking for or is compatible with. Being we are talking about some changes that came into effect three years ago, the success rate is not going to be all that high at this point.

Think Yalp might have a newer client (but not sure of that).... but last I looked it was no longer actively being developed either.
    I used MicroG a few months ago and it worked pretty usual so it's hard for me to be skeptical about its functionality, yet I am not completely sure but its being functioning is to be anticipated.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-20 11:13 AM
    Good and lightweight ad blocker for Fennec browser ?
    07-29-20 11:07 AM
    @ImaginePl,
    Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-img_20200729_213847.jpg

- Decentraleyes
    - Privacy Badger
    - NoScript
    - uBlock Origin
    - Tampermonkey with script RU AdList JS Fixes
    My new version Firefox 68.8 and custom user.js (complete disabling of telemetry and optimization of the consumption of system resources) - 100% adblock, fast and privacy.
    Alexey Gurevski and elfabio80 like this.
    07-29-20 11:50 AM
    My new version Firefox 68.8 and custom user.js (complete disabling of telemetry and optimization of the consumption of system resources) - 100% adblock, fast and privacy.
    Sorry, maybe I'm blind but where do I find v68.8? The first post still links to 68.6.
    07-30-20 08:21 PM
    HELP! I am attempting to upload some of the upgrades within this post (via PaperBird) but when i hit download from the Yandex.disk page, nothing happens. Works fine on laptop. Thanks in advance.
    08-26-20 09:59 AM
    HELP! I am attempting to upload some of the upgrades within this post (via PaperBird) but when i hit download from the Yandex.disk page, nothing happens. Works fine on laptop. Thanks in advance.
    Then just transfer the files from your laptop.
    08-26-20 10:08 AM
    #Conite via USB cable and File explorer? or via BB Link?
    08-26-20 10:09 AM
    #Conite via USB cable and File explorer? or via BB Link?
    USB cable, cloud storage, SD card, email, ....
    08-26-20 10:53 AM
    #Conite got it working but I was not seeing the volume on Windows 10. Did not think about removing the SD card but I got it working on other computer Windows 7. Thanks
    08-26-20 10:55 AM
    Once I got Fennec working, other Yandex downloads worked fine. No need for Paperbird.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-26-20 01:05 PM
    Now let's talk about how to create shortcuts to the desktop using URI schemes.
    An example is opening a navigation application with automatic routing of a (car) route to a predetermined location (for example, home or work).

To "unlink" the regular useless navigation "Maps" and "anchor" Magic Earth for opening geo links:
    Go to the Geo URI scheme#Example website using a standard browser and open any link in the "geo: ..." format using Magic Earth, specifying the default application to open.

As a navigation application - Magic Earth.
    As an automator - Doo.
    Doo:
    * Homescreen Shortcuts - Open custom URI (advanced users),
    * Enter format destination:
    Code:
    magicearth://?drive_to&lat=latitude&lon=longitude
    Departure from the format can make the shortcut permanent, below are the working formats.

A more elegant option, with a choice of an icon for the label.
    As an automator - Action Trigger.
    Action Trigger:
    * Library - New:
    * Settings tab - Name (write the name of the shortcut),
    * Edit Tab - Add Advanced (Custom invocation) - Add Application (Start / Stop Procedure),
    * Return to the Edit menu,
    * Custom invocation - all fields are empty, except for the URI, in which you specify:
    Code:
    magicearth://?drive_to&lat=latitude&lon=longitude
    * Start / Stop Procedure - Action (Stop) - Target (select procedure name - shortcut name),
    * Settings tab - Home Screen Shortcuts - Add.

The difference between the applications, in addition to the ability to set a shortcut - Action Trigger - is not headless, so it launches itself before opening the link, Doo is headless, so it does the reloading in the background, without a graphic component. Even in Action Trigger, you can add to the execution of the opening of the navigator, for example, opening the "Music" application and turning on Bluetooth - full car mode.

As an automator - Browsie Browser.
    Browsie Browser:
    * Swipe down from the top of the screen - "Settings" - "Display and Behavior" - "Advanced Search Engine" tab - "Search Engine" - "Custom",
    * Enter:
    Code:
    magicearth://?daddr=%s
    * "Save".
    * To open - Enter the address in "Type and Go" and select Browsie Browser.

Examples of navigation input (from the main ones):
    Code:
    magicearth://?q=екатеринбург+мега - search for a place on the map ("+" - word separator, allows entering addresses both in Russian and in transliteration),
    magicearth://?daddr=екатеринбург+гринвич - laying a route to the specified place,
    magicearth://?drive_to&lat=latitude&lon=longitude - starts car navigation to the specified point,
    magicearth://?walk_to&lat=latitude&lon=longitude - start walking navigation to the specified point,
    magicearth://?bike_to&lat=latitude&lon=longitude - starts bike navigation to the specified point,
    magicearth://?navigate_home - automatic routing to a previously specified location in the application as "Home",
    magicearth://?navigate_work - automatic routing to a previously specified location in the application as "Work".
    anon(5597702) and Leyra B10 like this.
    09-03-20 02:40 AM
    @XcrazyS do you still update your tweak version of fennec Browser ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lolo9269; 09-07-20 at 05:01 AM.
    09-06-20 11:32 PM
    @lolo9269,
    Almost finished. It will be ready in a few days.
    Thank a lot
    09-10-20 03:20 PM
    @XcrazyS
    Will it be possible for you to modify this open source ebook reader app?
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....ro.pdf.reader/

This app uses spacebar to turn on "auto reading mode" but I think it would be much more useful to use spacebar for changing to the next page. So can you please do that?
    09-15-20 08:40 AM
    San Andreas crashing
    And there is no files in Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtasa/files. Why?
    Last edited by ImaginePl; 09-21-20 at 08:56 AM.
    09-18-20 05:30 AM
    @XcrazyS I downloaded telegram apk uploaded on the new BlackBerry World storefront (bb.sz7.me) you probably know about.
    About telegram, I would say perfection, every feature is accessible without no lag and/or misbehaviour by UI elements or anything except its taking a second or two to open up which is no big deal.

But the whatsapp is very irksome, it open up late and lags too much. Besides, either I do send messages or watch stories or swipe to different screens (chats, messages, calls and camera)
    Nothing works as any other android app. It is too slow and seems like it's getting more by every day passed.

I have a BlackBerry Leap running on OS 10.3.3.3216 and the whatsapp apk is the latest one downloaded from its official website.

Is there something I'm the only one suffering from or the trouble is familiar with every BlackBerry device?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-20 12:54 AM
    Hi, I just installed the Fennec build 689400 68.12 (the 56mb file) from fdroid and it runs perfect and really fast on my passport. What improvements does your about:config settings bring in regard to the default one? Thx

Posted via CB10
    09-23-20 09:31 PM
    @lolo9269,
    Almost finished. It will be ready in a few days.
    @XcrazyS
    Thanks so much for all your hard work on these apps! My husband found your apps and they have been great additions to our app library on our various BB10 devices (a few classics and a passport).

@Naimisha,
    At the moment, it’s very difficult for me to make applications, because I don’t have much free time and my Passport is my main and only device - there is no way to constantly test applications on it.
    @brookie229,
    It is inclined to consider that updates save errors if they already are.
    We have set up several classics for our friends as well and while this generally went pretty well, we have a couple locked classics from ebay (one in particular, from Verizon, has an account attached to it, but is otherwise is like new) that are of no use to us. We would love to try and send it your way as a thank you for this work

I was also wondering, Do you have any ETA on the Firefox update as your version works so much better on our devices, especially the classics than several other versions (and browsers) we have tried.
    Last edited by AlloraPrime; 09-26-20 at 04:08 PM.
    09-25-20 10:07 PM
    Update.
    - Discord 9.8.8
    - Instagram 218.0.0.6.119
    - Magic Earth 7.1.20.39
    Instagram crashes on Z30 when it's loading
    10-07-20 01:51 PM
    @ImaginePl,
    You need to install apk and after copy app data (main.8.com.rockstargames.gtasa.obb, patch.8.com.rockstargames.gtasa.obb) to directory "Device/misc/android/Android/obb/com.rockstargames.gtasa".

@Gordo inc,
    This is true for everyone, and with each new update of WhatsApp, the freezes are only getting more.

@s1rv1val,
    A wide variety of settings, about 400: optimization of RAM allocation, physical memory, smooth rendering, disabling telemetry, analytics, etc.
    SA still not working
    10-07-20 03:18 PM
    @XcrazyS there is an Instagram apk that I got from a group on telegram. It is a patched version of official instagram lite app available on Google play store. The best thing is that it supports direct messaging alongwith all other features of instagram that are functioning on BB10 OS with various older apks of instagram.
    Only issue is that it crashes a lot, you can only open the app once and next time you open it, it crashes. I was wondering if you could patch it as you've done with other apks that work smoothly on BB10 OS devices.

Here's the link for your convenience:
    https://v.gd/wrm809

Thanks already for everything.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-20 10:18 PM
    @Gordo inc,
    With all due respect to the members of the forum. I do not see the difference between the official application and the "patched from Hasan". To put it bluntly, there are no differences, except for the name. A user applies "a patch" (doesn't even write which one), but the patch doesn't do any work on the application. Stop advising me the development of this user who is simply advertising his channel.
    The second point - you sent me a link, this is application version 215 and it is not stable. My app version is 218 and more stable.
    In my version, the application icon was replaced, changed app name, the graphics were optimized, the compression of the libraries was optimized, the ad block was installed, just in case. Try and compare.
    Pardon me if it is irksome to you. Actually, I randomly searched "BlackBerry " on telegram and found the group where this link for instagram was given which I tried and all as fine but it crashed a lot so I thought you will make it work. I didn't know about this Hasan guy or his trickery. I shall not share any of his "patched" apks here from now on and shall leave his group immediately.
    Also, I didn't know about the instagram apk you uploaded. I am shifting to the one you have published here.
    I apologise again.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-20 03:16 AM
681 ... 1314151617 ...