Hello XcrazyS. I thought I'd look for an Android browser to try on my Z10. I notice that your adapted Fennec browser download link on the first page doesn't work. Have I missed a post that says where it has gone?

Posted via CB10
    Hey bro, what app are you using to view and download the file. CB10 native or APK?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-21-20 03:30 PM
    Hey bro, what app are you using to view and download the file. CB10 native or APK?

CB10 app, native browser and Fennec F-Droid. It just goes to ides.ru

Posted via CB10
    02-21-20 11:10 PM
    CB10 app, native browser and Fennec F-Droid. It just goes to ides.ru

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I just checked it out and it's not you. Seems something went wrong with the link. Hopefully @XcrazyS will get bact to use and fix it soon.

02-22-20 05:19 AM
    Yeah I just checked it out and it's not you. Seems something went wrong with the link. Hopefully @XcrazyS will get bact to use and fix it soon.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-22-20 08:19 AM
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the Crackberry Forums APK? I think it works using that
    02-22-20 09:26 AM
    Do you have the Crackberry Forums APK? I think it works using that
    No. Might give it a try if I have time to find it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-20 09:53 AM
    No. Might give it a try if I have time to find it.

Posted via CB10
    https://m.apkpure.com/crackberry-for...breey.activity

Get version: V7.1.35

02-22-20 12:10 PM
    Thank you very much. On the Z10 I need every bit of processing power I can get for an Android browser. Do the extensions you recomend slow things down in any way?
    02-22-20 02:49 PM
    Wooooooooooow that browser is fast! Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-20 05:01 PM
    https://m.apkpure.com/crackberry-for...breey.activity

Get version: V7.1.35

Thanks for digging that out

Posted via CB10
    02-23-20 12:33 AM
    Incredible! Thank you!!!!

Update:
    Make sure in the app settings you level up in the folders for download location. I have to delete the files using the app cause I couldn't do it with the BB10 file browser.
    Takes a minute to figure it out, but downloads are quick as heck!

Hey. What do you mean by "level up"?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-20 12:35 AM
    Hey. What do you mean by "level up"?

Posted via CB10
    In settings when you click the folder on the right to choose your storage destination, there will then be a folder at the top left of the screen. Hit that till you level up to the location you wish to store the download. I chose my download folder so I know where it is. I could not find the default location.

02-23-20 07:08 AM
    In settings when you click the folder on the right to choose your storage destination, there will then be a folder at the top left of the screen. Hit that till you level up to the location you wish to store the download. I chose my download folder so I know where it is. I could not find the default location.

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Yes, I also lost my files first time around!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-20 07:30 AM
    Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Yes, I also lost my files first time around!

Posted via CB10
    And to add to that I am only able to delete the files using the app. Native file manager does not.
    02-23-20 07:50 AM
    Fennec update (link updated).
    Partially integrated system font. Redesign application icon.
    @XcrazyS I could be wrong but I find that Fennec 68.3 is draining my battery when idle and was wondering if when you provide an update that you could grant access to killing the app from running in the background. As is I cannot access the switch in app permissions.
    I could be wrong but I let the battery drain with the app uninstalled then again with it installed. I found the difference to be undeniable yet I am still testing but it would be nice to control the permissions for the app. Thank you

Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-25-20 at 05:11 AM.
    02-24-20 07:31 PM
    @XcrazyS I find that Fennec 68.3 is draining my battery when idle and was wondering if when you provide an update that you could grant access to killing the app from running in the background. As is I cannot access the switch in app permissions.

Still find Kiwi to be superior to Fennec in my Passport especially in battery consumption.
    02-24-20 07:35 PM
    Still find Kiwi to be superior to Fennec in my Passport especially in battery consumption.
    I'd rather not debate browsers in this thread but I did try to get Kiwi to load kijiji signed in and it was an epic fail.

02-24-20 07:59 PM
    His adapted Fennec is much better than standard Fennec. I say this from having tried standard Fennec for the first time on my Z10 this week and found it unusable.

This adapted version has tweaks to make it lighter on the phone. Also, there are instructions on changing settings in the "about:config" page which seem to have helped.

It's really worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:02 AM
    XcrazyS, is there any possibility that you could do a PlayBook browser? It's Android version is stuck way back at Gingerbread though!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:03 AM
    His adapted Fennec is much better than standard Fennec. I say this from having tried standard Fennec for the first time on my Z10 this week and found it unusable.

This adapted version has tweaks to make it lighter on the phone. Also, there are instructions on changing settings in the "about:config" page which seem to have helped.

It's really worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have tried the mod version. Tested it against Kiwi and I still like Kiwi for speed and function better. Oh well, each to his/her own and it's good to have the choice.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-25-20 06:20 AM
    Yes, I have tried the mod version. Tested it against Kiwi and I still like Kiwi for speed and function better. Oh well, each to his/her own and it's good to have the choice.

Posted via CB10
    That's to know, thanks. I haven't tried Kiwi myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-20 06:24 AM
    XcrazyS, is there any possibility that you could do a PlayBook browser? It's Android version is stuck way back at Gingerbread though!

Posted via CB10
    This would be a god sent yes!

Pass(ion)Port!
    02-25-20 07:04 AM
    Time is money. No money - no honey!
    That’s why all the BlackBerry and other developers use subscriptions. If not all you’re left with are el cheapos.
    02-26-20 06:59 AM
    Time is money. No money - no honey!
    That’s why all the BlackBerry and other developers use subscriptions. If not all you’re left with are el cheapos.
    What happened to the selfless love for BB10 and it users? Lol.

Holding something in my hand with nowhere to go
    02-26-20 07:09 AM
    No time for all this.
    Speaking of subscriptions, it makes no sense to make subscriptions on Android applications. Because any subscription can be hacked.
    Too bad. It’s a shame. Good luck on getting paid for all your time.
    02-26-20 07:40 AM
691 ... 7891011 ...