XcrazyS - I am a pretty heavy user of Telegram. My news feeds are on a bot there as well as my family and friends' groups. For long I had been using the F-Droid version of the app and it was having major slow downs. Especially on my Feedreader channel.

Now after installing your optimized TelegramX everything is super smooth. Many thanks for your welcome and timely work.

A question though - Telegram Inc. Advises to remove TelegramX apps and use the standard one as the X has been deprecated. Would this have any implication on us using this optimized app?

Also I wanted to confirm that this is working on my 10.3.2 version Passport.

However the Fennec wont install. Do you think the version of my OS would have something to do with that install failure?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-10-20 01:57 AM
    @XcrazyS you are right. I probably got alerts on this when I was using an iOS device. I assumed that the information applied to Android as well. My bad.

Here is the official communique from Telegram -

By the way, Telegram X for Android is still there and is not going anywhere for now. If you're looking for an alternative interface, feel free to give it a try.

June 23, 2019 The Telegram Team

On Fennec - I am not sure I want to go the autoloader route. You had mentioned an updated Kiwi browser. Has that been released. If you plan to perhaps I can wait for that. Many thanks again.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-10-20 08:05 AM
    I am not sure I want to go the autoloader route
    I hesitate to mention this.......but there is another method to update your OS without losing any data/info similar to an OTA update. That method is called a Blitz and was widely used by many here on CB a few years back. We don't mention it much here because it requires some technical skills to make the file. We used to include a Blitz file along with an autoloader back in the day. Here is a thread explaining the difference between a Blitz file and an Autoloader file if you are interested: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...547.1578667809

and a link to the full Blitz for ALL BB10 devices EXCEPT Z3 and Z10 STL100-1is here: https://mega.nz/#!ddIXGBAY!aOk4NFJsa...FRTCEizwXm14rA
    Last edited by brookie229; 01-10-20 at 05:00 PM.
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-10-20 09:38 AM
    @Naimisha,
    At the moment, it’s very difficult for me to make applications, because I don’t have much free time and my Passport is my main and only device - there is no way to constantly test applications on it.
    @brookie229,
    It is inclined to consider that updates save errors if they already are.
    The only device and this is said by the professional. Who said that Passport is not a 2020 device...
    And many thanks to XcrazyS for his work!

From Wizard QZ-7000 to Passport SE...what a journey
    01-12-20 05:12 AM
    https://github.com/mapsme/omim

I'll try out magic earth but I've liked using Maps.me lately. Idk if there's ways to make it more speedy but if sure feels like it lol.
    I've enabled the power saving features and set the maps to 2D only.
    01-12-20 01:24 PM
    Thank you very much, but I don't know why the facebook lite can't be installed.
    01-12-20 06:56 PM
    @XcrazyS - while I could not get your adapted Fennec installed I followed your about.config settings recommendations. The scroll response on Fennec is stunning. Makes it feel almost native.

I still experience random crashes but I am going to stick with it and see where it gets me. Many thanks again for the effort you put in and the thoughtfulness in sharing it with the community.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-14-20 05:05 AM
    I downloaded the version linked by Conite. It's stuck at trying to login to Dropbox. Any ideas? I've a Passport. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    @conite yesterday I thought I would wipe and refresh my passport and upon reloading X-Plore and signing in again, turns out that the Sign in process may have changed cause I can no longer login using the same version of the app I've had working for DropBox all this time.
    CRAP!!!

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    01-14-20 06:21 AM
    When I download and try to install the modded Fennec apk on my Passport I receive a message 'unable to install this application" ?
    01-14-20 07:10 AM
    Same here. Need to uninstall older version of Fennec first.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:26 AM
    @conite yesterday I thought I would wipe and refresh my passport and upon reloading X-Plore and signing in again, turns out that the Sign in process may have changed cause I can no longer login using the same version of the app I've had working for DropBox all this time.
    CRAP!!!

I still find Basket works great.
    01-14-20 08:26 AM
    Yep, so do I. Clunky to get installed but works great once that's out of the way.
    01-14-20 08:35 AM
    I tried once with no luck but I will try again I guess
    01-14-20 09:30 AM
    I tried once with no luck but I will try again I guess
    It works for me but I found sometimes I need to clear the cache as it doesn't sync properly when I try to download a folder that I've changed in Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 01:52 PM
    It works for me but I found sometimes I need to clear the cache as it doesn't sync properly when I try to download a folder that I've changed in Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    That is true. Poll interval seems a bit long.
    01-14-20 02:01 PM
    Cool. I like newpipe for YouTube. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-20 08:48 PM
    @XcrazyS, while the speed of your TelegramX app is phenomenal I face a strange issue. I used to be able to share a website URL or photo using the Share dialog with the F-Droid version of Telegram. Now with the TelegramX I am unable to do so. The app shows up on the Share dialog alright. A set of contacts too are shown for selection. But once selected the corresponding chat window opens but nothing is shared. I am having to attach stuff using the Telegram option within the chat window. Could this be a permissions issue?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 01:46 AM
    @Naimisha,
    Can you provide screen recording or screenshots? Everything should work.
    I am not sure how I could demonstrate this. Any ideas how? I select a photo from the Camera app and click Share. Select TelegramX. Select the contact I want to share to. The appropriate chat window opens but the image is not there. So I just attach the file from within Telegram. Does that help?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 04:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was trying to use Fennec browser to get Basket working on my Passport which failed repeatedly so I decided to email the URL to my computer and then email the Tolken back again to my Passport and it worked. Someone should have specified to use a computer instead of trying to fudge around on BB10 device.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-15-20 at 09:41 AM.
    01-15-20 09:17 AM
    @XcrazyS, while the speed of your TelegramX app is phenomenal I face a strange issue. I used to be able to share a website URL or photo using the Share dialog with the F-Droid version of Telegram. Now with the TelegramX I am unable to do so. The app shows up on the Share dialog alright. A set of contacts too are shown for selection. But once selected the corresponding chat window opens but nothing is shared. I am having to attach stuff using the Telegram option within the chat window. Could this be a permissions issue?

Pass(ion)Port!
    Try going to the actual file/photo via file system and when opened choose to share to selected app and see if that makes a difference. I at times have this issue with original Telegram and Telegram X and it seems to work.

01-15-20 09:44 AM
    Try going to the actual file/photo via file system and when opened choose to share to selected app and see if that makes a difference. I at times have this issue with original Telegram and Telegram X and it seems to work.

That is exactly what I am doing and that does not work. Everything works just fine if I use the Telegram app itself.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-15-20 09:49 AM
    That is exactly what I am doing and that does not work. Everything works just fine if I use the Telegram app itself.

Pass(ion)Port!
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but make a new folder on your device (not inside another folder) and move the file there. See if said app will then include it in a msg.
    I had to do this at one time but it fixed itself, not sure how
    01-15-20 12:38 PM
    Yes, thanks, same for me, had to uninstall first
    01-15-20 03:07 PM
    Now that I have made link available I would like to share a version of Lite Facebook that has worked wonderfully for me and also gives notifications in the hub. Actual app notifications

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fg01s7vuh...r.com.apk?dl=0

Adapted Android applications, tips and tricks.-img_20200115_203900_792.jpeg
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    01-15-20 07:39 PM
    Ok I know this sounds stupid but make a new folder on your device (not inside another folder) and move the file there. See if said app will then include it in a msg.
    I had to do this at one time but it fixed itself, not sure how
    The native file manager does not allow creation of root level folders. I created a new folder within Downloads. Copied a file there. Tried sharing. Exact same effect. No change.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-16-20 03:20 AM
691 ... 56789 ...