I have two EAS email accounts on my Z10 (STL100-3). This annoyance has been present since I have had the device, on official and leaked OS versions. I've just loaded up .2009. One account is Outlook.com, the other my company account (not Bes10) on MS Exchange 2010 server. I receive all messages almost instantly from both accounts, can send as quickly. Contacts and calendars sync perfectly as well.

Here's the little problem. On both accounts, completely unrelated, I have the same issue. Inbox sub-folders not created on the device are not displayed in alphabetical order. They appear to be sorted in their order of creation. Latest folders sort to the bottom of the list. Renaming a folder from the device or desktop doesn't change the sort order -- even when I change "BB" to ZZZ". While re-adding my accounts after an install, I go to select which folders to sync, and they appear in the expected alphabetical order. My Gmail IMAP account sorts normally.

This behaviour has carried through each OS update. I have tried starting fresh after a leak install, security wipes on official and leaked OS's, even a soft-brick. Nuthin'. So, I've more or less accepted that this something I have to live with, and hope the next leak or upgrade will fix it. It is really only a minor annoyance, but the OCD in me wants it perfect.

Any suggestions?
    05-24-13 06:12 PM
    It sounds like this may be a known issue. As of March 20, a regular contributor in the BlackBerry Support Forums indicated he had communicated with RIM about the sorting inconsistencies. There might be a workaround, but haven't tried it myself.
    05-24-13 06:24 PM
    Sounds like a outlook issue to be honest because my folders are in alphabetical order minus inbox which is at the bottom

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:26 PM
    Doesn't it seem strange that it's happening on both an MS Exchange server account an a completely unrelated Outlook.com account.

As I said, it's an annoyance ? especially when my company issued iPhone deals with both perfectly?

I've been lobbying at my company to migrate to the Q10 or Z10. This little problem is making my proposal difficult.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:50 PM
    Doesn't it seem strange that it's happening on both an MS Exchange server account an a completely unrelated Outlook.com account.
    The common denominator between those two is ActiveSync, while your Gmail account uses IMAP (unless you're grandfathered with Gmail ActiveSync access). I'd be willing to bet BlackBerry 10 is just presenting the folders in the method in which the ActiveSync server presents them to the client device, chronologically (which is just as logical to machines as alphabetical is to you or me).

The email clients on iPhone and Android have been around a lot longer now than Hub, so they either displayed ActiveSync folders alphabetically from the get go or fixed it early on. I'm sure there are a lot of companies out there getting ready to rollout Q10 to employees with dozens, if not hundreds, of email folders, so I'd imagine this will get resolved pretty quickly. In the meantime, a BlackBerry Technical Advisor did suggest a possible workaround in the second post I linked to earlier. If it's urgent, you could give it a try.
    05-24-13 07:02 PM
    The common denominator between those two is ActiveSync, while your Gmail account uses IMAP (unless you're grandfathered with Gmail ActiveSync access). I'd be willing to bet BlackBerry 10 is just presenting the folders in the method in which the ActiveSync server presents them to the client device, chronologically (which is just as logical to machines as alphabetical is to you or me).

The email clients on iPhone and Android have been around a lot longer now than Hub, so they either displayed ActiveSync folders alphabetically from the get go or fixed it early on. I'm sure there are a lot of companies out there getting ready to rollout Q10 to employees with dozens, if not hundreds, of email folders, so I'd imagine this will get resolved pretty quickly. In the meantime, a BlackBerry Technical Advisor did suggest a possible workaround in the second post I linked to earlier. If it's urgent, you could give it a try.
    If you're referring to the work around of recreating the folders in alpha order, no dice. My folders are all project based. I add and delete about 5 per week, so the fix wouldn't last.

If you're referring to removing/recreating the account, I've done so a number of times with no joy.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 07:15 PM
    If you're referring to the work around of recreating the folders in alpha order, no dice. My folders are all project based. I add and delete about 5 per week, so the fix wouldn't last.

If you're referring to removing/recreating the account, I've done so a number of times with no joy.

Posted via CB10
    In case anyone searches and ends up in this thread, this issue has been fixed in the 10.2.1 releases.
    11-29-13 12:08 PM
    In case anyone searches and ends up in this thread, this issue has been fixed in the 10.2.1 releases.
    Great to hear.

So to summarize: subscribed EAS folders are always sorted in alphabetical order, correct?
    11-29-13 08:08 PM
    Great to hear.

So to summarize: subscribed EAS folders are always sorted in alphabetical order, correct?

Correct. I add folders frequently for new projects -- they're sorting nicely now.
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-29-13 08:35 PM