I was having a lot of trouble with duplicate contacts, so I deleted EVERYTHING and started in the order of Gmail, LinkedIn, Facebook, then Twitter.

Everything was okay, until I went to sync my work email over Activesync.

In my work contacts in Outlook, I have maybe 12-15 contacts. And these DO sync, but when I go to JUST my work address contacts in the Contacts app, it shows those 12-15 PLUS all of my LinkedIn contacts. Only a handful of those 12-15 are LinkedIn contacts, the rest are exclusively LinkedIn contacts, and NOT contacts of my in Exchange.

So, where are these contacts syncing from and how do I get them OUT of the Activesync (work) list?
    04-07-13 02:41 PM
    A few days ago, Google is messing around, you might see all Google contacts being duplicated. Nothing much you could do about that - its not like they give people a heads up. End result was my Gmail contacts are completely duplicated - delete the contact account and re-add and that fixes it.
    Question about the linked in contacts in active sync - are those people that's your LinkedIn contact your work colleagues? Bb10 will link contacts automatically bases on some criteria, typically name and contact details. If it gets a good enough hit, it would link, and you would see the LinkedIn detail in those contacts.

You can confirm by opening one of the linked in contact, tap links and see if it lists your work account. Un link it if you don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:32 AM