Why aren't active tiles (windows) not live when minimized. For instance, it would be very useful if the world time that was selected in world clock remained visible and live when minimized. Similarly, when music is minimized the currently playing song should be displayed and not the one at the moment you minimized the screen. Am I missing something?
    11-08-14 12:21 PM
    The devs have to incorporate those functions into the app itself. I know some give you options as to what to show when the tiles are active.
    11-08-14 12:50 PM
    Why aren't active tiles (windows) not live when minimized. For instance, it would be very useful if the world time that was selected in world clock remained visible and live when minimized. Similarly, when music is minimized the currently playing song should be displayed and not the one at the moment you minimized the screen. Am I missing something?
    At least with native apps that ship with BlackBerry 10 this has been addressed on 10.3 and higher. The clock does exactly what you said, as does the music app.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-14 01:10 PM
    BBM gives live info too. BlackBerry probably needs to open up the API for 3rd party developers to take advantage of the active screen.
    11-08-14 01:33 PM
    ?? Clock are lives minimized (yes, retuns back to clock). Music player shows me "Now Playing", Twitter shows me last tweets, Calendar shows me actual events, remember shows me actual tasks .. Battery Guru, Battery Analyzer, Data Usage Counter, Power Tools .. all is live in window as minimized ..
    I don't remember if it is in 10.2.x .. but in all 10.3 minimized apps lives ..
    11-08-14 02:22 PM
    I have 10.3.1.600. When I have the clock app displaying another time zone and then minimize, it goes to the current, local time and not the time zone I had selected. When I minimize music, the album cover does not update to the next song's graphic unless I maximize the app.
    11-08-14 04:27 PM
    Wouldn't all those apps running eat a ton of Data??
    11-08-14 04:37 PM
    I have 10.3.1.600. When I have the clock app displaying another time zone and then minimize, it goes to the current, local time and not the time zone I had selected. When I minimize music, the album cover does not update to the next song's graphic unless I maximize the app.
    Yes, Clock app returns to local timezone and shows live clock. This is about switch to another mode before run minimized look.
    Music player changes album covers in minimize mode on my 10.3.1.1016.
    11-08-14 04:45 PM
    BlackBerry .... I would love to turn it off in BBM

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:30 PM