I am on a corporate account and have 9900 with BES support. I asked about our company supporting BB10 and was told we do not but if I upgraded I could sync calendar, contacts and email through active sync. The response also said "it won't have all the bells and whistles that BlackBerry has adverstised". I'm not sure what that exactly means. I assume it means no BlackBerry Balance, but what other things advertised would I not get?

Want to be sure I understand before upgrading.
    06-06-13 01:45 PM
    I just got my Q10 yesterday and gave it to our systems guys to do the BES thing. They said they weren't setup for OS10 yet, so I just did the ActiveSync thing (exactly the same as on my Nexus7). I'm getting email, calendar, contacts, and notes synced. I can't see any deficiencies nor noticed any gaps in my experience. Maybe I'm missing something. I spoke to our systems guys today and they told me they weren't even sure if they were going to upgrade to BES10!

My carrier (Rogers) charges a bunch for BES capability, I guess because they know it's for corporate use. I'll be cancelling that service soon! Feel free to upgrade.
    06-06-13 02:01 PM
    You will miss balance and the possibility to use the workdrive app to connect to company shares.
    06-06-13 02:15 PM
    Thanks for your help. Corporate doesn't allow us to do any cloud storage or share so no worries there. I assumed the balance piece was all and I guess I have never used it before so won't actually "miss" it.
    06-06-13 02:26 PM
    Thanks for your help. Corporate doesn't allow us to do any cloud storage or share so no worries there. I assumed the balance piece was all and I guess I have never used it before so won't actually "miss" it.
    Two things are big for us. Using Balance I can use Work Drives to connect to shared PC drives or Network drives. The other is we have a lot of things on our Intranet which can be reached on the work partition. I also block all cloud storage on the work partition for my users. Balance is 100% internal. We do however allow cloud storage on the personal side.
    06-06-13 02:32 PM
    Balance and Work Drives are not cloud storage, they are used to access things on your corporate internal network like internal websites (intranet) and the network drives and shares you have available to you when you logon to your computer at work where your documents are stored.

It's the security compliant way of working that makes your IT security and corporate data security officers breath a sigh of relief.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:54 PM
    Been testing on ActiveSync vs BES.

ActiveSync is basically MS' poor man BES. In a few words, it basically enables Exchange Sync so work wise, a business who doesn't need to control their users or in a regulated industry can simply give users ActiveSync.

What BES adds on top of it is control & Enable BB Balance. You can now apply roughly 51 policy from restricting user from buying stuff from AppWorld via Carrier, restrict cloud storage on Work side, enforce encryption on work side or.. if it doesn't see a network for 60 days, self wipe, BB Bridge support etc. BES shines if you plan to connect it to work network and start doing things like running enterprise apps, or connect to network drives etc...
    06-06-13 08:30 PM
    BES also allows for deployment where the mobile device doesn't talk directly to the Exchange. Just another layer of security

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:12 PM
    You can also web browse corporate intranet on BES

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:14 PM