So I have active frames of say BlackBerry World, or LinkedIn and I see an interesting app or an update for somebody's new job on the live tile - but I can't reach that specific content when I tap the active frame...

What's the point of having live content on the active frames if it's not actionable?

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-02-14 12:43 PM
    The frame is active meaning the app only runs when the frame is minimized like that.
    Some apps have changeable content...like Blaq lists current tweets, BBM rotates through contacts updates, others show battery meter....
    04-02-14 12:50 PM
    Yes I get that, but LI apps shows me a specific update about a contact, BlackBerry world flashes an ad about an app and then all that's gone...Not very BlackBerry efficient...

Posted via CB10
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-02-14 12:52 PM
    Active - is only name of them. I agree it is nothing special, for example if you running stoper and minimise it to "active frame" digits will not change until you call it back on full screen.
    Somebody should do something with it!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:53 PM
    It's up to the dev as to what's shown. In the Stocks app, it will show current prices and update based on the time frame you set. Most, however, have not done much with the option.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:54 PM
    I'd be extremely annoyed if the active frames put me on whatever they are displaying, instead of back to what I was doing.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    Pdinos3 and billsterjito like this.
    04-02-14 12:54 PM
    What's the point of having live content on the active frames if it's not actionable?Posted via CB10
    You can have useful info displayed by the active frame without interacting with it.

A few examples: current temperature in a weather app, current quote of a selected stock in a stocks app, live score of the selected game by a sports app etc.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    04-02-14 01:00 PM
    I mean, active frames may be showing you what's going on when the app is minimized, but I see your point. Maybe frame is a bit of a misnomer at times. Active ticker, anyone?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:01 PM
    I'd be extremely annoyed if the active frames put me on whatever they are displaying, instead of back to what I was doing.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    At least make it an option, don't you think? What BlackBerry 10 OS is lacking in? Able to costumize? Having options? ..

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:04 PM
    Totally agree! It'll make so much sense for some apps!...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 01:51 AM
    Yes I get that, but LI apps shows me a specific update about a contact, BlackBerry world flashes an ad about an app and then all that's gone...Not very BlackBerry efficient...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I was thinking. In most cases the active frames preview is confusing..

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:04 AM
    Even if they're not active I never notice them. I just like them as a means to multi-task and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:06 AM
    Some things are active. If someone posts a URL in a BBM group, you can launch the URL from the Active Frame.

Maybe they could implement it where you tap and hold to go to the item displayed and regular tap to go back to where you were.
    Sergiu1337 and Qurve like this.
    04-03-14 02:03 PM
    They actively drain your battery!
    04-03-14 03:52 PM
    What you want is in the playbook) : at least that's what I want

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    Qurve likes this.
    04-03-14 04:00 PM
    04-11-14 08:07 PM
    I don't like that the picture app displays random pics out of the pictures folder, even stuff of private nature.

Recently took some pictures pertaining to some medical procedure, so I can keep the doc updated. I wouldn't want it to show that.

Probably have to get an app for private files or do this on the desktop.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-12-14 12:52 AM
    Active frame is not a misnomer, interactive frame would be a misnomer.

Have a nice day
    04-12-14 01:12 AM
    So I have active frames of say BlackBerry World, or LinkedIn and I see an interesting app or an update for somebody's new job on the live tile - but I can't reach that specific content when I tap the active frame...

What's the point of having live content on the active frames if it's not actionable?

Posted via CB10
    That would be a failure of the app developer. The application is, of course, aware of what is displayed on the Application Cover (the true BB technical term) and could choose to display that when opened. Most return you to where you were when you closed the application. If you want that kind of behaviour you will probably need to pick a few straegic applications and ask the developers for it. Though it should probably be a customizable option in most cases.
    Qurve likes this.
    04-12-14 08:36 AM