This capability would add a lot of convenience and a whole lot of cool factor. For example to have a video keep playing in the minimized screen while you check something else. The PlayBook does this so I don't see why the z10 and q10 shouldn't be able to

Posted via CB10
    merli001 likes this.
    04-21-13 01:42 PM
    Why would you want that, when in essence you're not 'using' the app because it is minimized?

Albeit, I do like how BBM rotates peoples status 'updates'...
    mscooley and John Pawling like this.
    04-21-13 02:34 PM
    I think it would be useful for many things.. for example if you were loading a page in the browser you could go Do something else and then quickly check if the page has loaded yet without fully reopening the app

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:15 PM
    Yeah, like the PlayBook's showcase mode.
    04-21-13 04:46 PM
    useful or not ,putting it as an option like playbook showcase mode doesnt hurt anything. without this, active frames are almost like poor android widgets.
    04-21-13 05:07 PM
    I'm all for expanding active frames into interactive frames.

For that they more or less need to have a somewhat unified default behavior but I suppose it could be app specific.

Calendar shows upcoming appointments and you can flip through them without opening the app.

The browser shows the last page you are on and you can tap a small button in the frame to zoom in and out or go home.

Remember will cycle through upcoming tasks and you can flip through them manually too and click a button to go right to that one.

Media Player controllable from the frame.

Just the little things like that will take BB10 from a fuel filled rocket ready to kill Droid and iOS to a launching rocket in space.

~STV
    merli001 likes this.
    04-21-13 05:26 PM
    The stock app I downloaded when in active frame mode cycles each stock with a nice big font. A very nice feature. What's app shows last message in large font when I active frame mode. Most of the battery apps will update the battery percentage. Eventually I think most apps will make clever use of the active frame mode. It OS limited though by its size and legibility. Ultimately you will have to open the app to really interact.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:36 AM
    I'm all for expanding active frames into interactive frames.

For that they more or less need to have a somewhat unified default behavior but I suppose it could be app specific.

Calendar shows upcoming appointments and you can flip through them without opening the app.

The browser shows the last page you are on and you can tap a small button in the frame to zoom in and out or go home.

Remember will cycle through upcoming tasks and you can flip through them manually too and click a button to go right to that one.

Media Player controllable from the frame.

Just the little things like that will take BB10 from a fuel filled rocket ready to kill Droid and iOS to a launching rocket in space.

~STV
    Sounds like you want sailfish os!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:06 AM
    Sounds like you want sailfish os!

Posted via CB10
    I had to Google that.

Hmm...no I want BlackBerry 10 with interactive frames.

~STV
    04-22-13 01:20 AM