So one thing I've noticed recently is that if I'm using the browser for a bit, sometimes either the browser itself will just dissapear off of the screen along with any open active frames, or if I go to minimize the browser a few active frames will have closed on their own... is this normal? Am I running out of memory? Whats going on?

This is occurring on OS 10.1.0.4633 but I've seen it happen on newer releases as well.
    09-05-13 10:53 AM
    Normal, if the app is using unnecessary system memory, it'll close other apps to make room. Just the power of QNX. Instead of lagging, it's smart and closes things.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-05-13 10:55 AM
    Personally never heard of this. Sorry to get base, but I assume you've done the usual reset on your phone?
    09-05-13 10:55 AM
    I see the same thing every now and then when I have a lot of things open. I too surmised that it's a memory issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:56 AM
    Personally never heard of this. Sorry to get base, but I assume you've done the usual reset on your phone?
    Yes, I've tried a security wipe as well as different OS versions.
    09-05-13 11:00 AM
    I've had this happen a few times,i have Bbm, battery guru and data check pro open all the tym as active frames. If I watch a youtube video or simply just browse the net, it's always either data check or battery guru that goes! Sometimes it's annoying as I need them apps open but i guess it's better then lag

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:55 AM
    I have this more then i want, especially with berrybuzz en battery guru. Berrybuzz is annoying since i always have notifications on silence and only use my leds for notifying me for new msg and mails
    09-06-13 04:47 AM
    There is a max of 8 open apps. If you open what seems to be the 9th, one goes first. As Active Frames are arranged by last access, that's the least used one.
    09-06-13 05:04 AM
    I've seen this sometimes. Nice feature, but sometimes I need to check if bebuzz is still running

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 06:02 AM
    It happens quite often.. it makes me sad, I thought that blackberry 10 has better memory management and more importantly it's memory efficient . But the system alone it takes a lot of the RAM.

Iphone with 1gb ram can handle more apps longer in the memory than z10 with 2gb of ram. Pitty . Hope they improve this in future updates.

Normal, if the app is using unnecessary system memory, it'll close other apps to make room. Just the power of QNX. Instead of lagging, it's smart and closes things.
    I lol'ed.
    04-01-14 03:44 PM
    It happens quite often.. it makes me sad, I thought that blackberry 10 has better memory management and more importantly it's memory efficient . But the system alone it takes a lot of the RAM.

Iphone with 1gb ram can handle more apps longer in the memory than z10 with 2gb of ram. Pitty . Hope they improve this in future updates.

I lol'ed.
    I've had frames close on me maybe three times in the last year. I think you might have a bad OS install or something else giving you problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 03:52 PM
    Don't think so.. also i've wiped after update (10.2.1.2102).

Last time, I've used the igrann app, nsvivated thru multiple pages, and when I minimized i've seen observed that most of the active frames were closed.

Btw, uptime is ~ 10 days

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:22 PM
    Don't think so.. also i've wiped after update (10.2.1.2102).

Last time, I've used the igrann app, nsvivated thru multiple pages, and when I minimized i've seen observed that most of the active frames were closed.

Btw, uptime is ~ 10 days

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't know what to tell you. I regularly have all 8 active frames going with 4 to 5 websites open as well and my frames just don't crash. Good luck. But in my opinion, something isn't right with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:28 PM
    The apps don't crash, they are closed by the system for freeing some more memory..

What's your uptime?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:34 PM
    The apps don't crash, they are closed by the system for freeing some more memory..

What's your uptime?

Posted via CB10
    My apps don't close either. Crash or close is the same to me. Something isn't right with your phone. I last rebooted my phone a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:37 PM