Is BB10 supposed to close Active Frames on it's own?

I realize opening a 9th Active Frame will close the oldest one automatically, but my Z10 occasionally closes some of my Active Frames on it's own.

For example, I might have Twitter, Browser, Clock, and Settings open... and it'll sit idle for an hour... and when I come back only Clock and Browser are still open. Etc.

It's not rebooting (although mine does that too), it's just closing a few Active Frames, while others are left alone.

Is it just me?
    04-23-13 03:32 PM
    I have not had this happen to me yet. Do you find that the same applications are the ones that are closing on their own or is it random?

Edit : sorry! I should have read that better. long day. I deleted the last of my post so as not to confuse.
    CB10 App, Z10
    04-23-13 03:40 PM
    Twitter is integrated into the hub, and settings doesn't need to be open 24/7... I can see BB10 being designed to close apps that identify themselves as not needing to be running all the time.
    04-23-13 04:48 PM
    It's only meant to close active frames when something crashes, although what you describe sounds more like power management

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:59 PM
    Active Frames will also close when the OS is running low on memory (RAM). This used to happen to me quite frequently with the Dev alphas as they only have 1gb of RAM. For me I always noticed it if I had an app or 2 open and then fired up the browser and loaded some sites.
    04-23-13 05:37 PM
    It's memory.

BB10 will close active frames if it runs out of memory. This may happen because you start another app, because a running app needs more memory, or because a background task (e.g. phone, e-mail, sync, wifi, housekeeping etc) needs some. I *think* it will close the least recently used app first, but there may be some more logic in there that takes potential memory gain into account.

I have noticed that the browser and HTML5 apps tend to close more frequently than Cascades, Native and AIR apps. The HTML5 runtime uses quite a lot more memory than the others.

If one of the apps has a bug that keeps allocating more memory (e.g. for new tweets), other apps may be closed to meet the demand once available memory runs short. This could also be a website loaded in the browser! Unfortunately, due to BB10 security, we have no way of seeing how much memory, battery, network etc is being used by each app or background task.

Contrary to what is suggested in previous posts, apps have no way of "identify themselves as not needing to be running all the time". I also doubt whether this anything to do with power management.
    04-23-13 05:54 PM
    Active Frames will also close when the OS is running low on memory (RAM). This used to happen to me quite frequently with the Dev alphas as they only have 1gb of RAM. For me I always noticed it if I had an app or 2 open and then fired up the browser and loaded some sites.
    Kinda what I was wondering, as my PlayBook does that.

Someone mentioned that a memory leak might be causing the random reboots too (which mine does), which is interesting, as it's not like I have 8 frames open overloading the system when it happens; my Active Frames will sometimes close when just a few were open and sitting idle. So if memory is the cause for closing, then something, somewhere is steadily gobbling up memory.

I haven't found a pattern to it happening, though I've noticed it's not particular about closing system or 3rd party apps... either seems to be fair game
    04-23-13 06:48 PM