Hey guys.

Got some random things happening today. My active frames started automatically closing. Was listening to music and had cb and snap2chat open while listening to music. Suddenly my music stopped and all open apps closed randomly. Opened all of them again. Closed the music app and left cb and snap2chat open. Unlocked my phone and they were closed. Opened snap2chat, sent a snap and locked the phone again. When i unlocked it, snap2chat was closed.

Anybody know why this might be happening?

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    02-22-14 02:33 PM
    Does your phone have 2GB of ram?

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    02-22-14 02:35 PM
    Maybe the problem is the snap2chat android port? Do you experience the same thing when have other frames open but not snap2chat

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:46 PM
    Does your phone have 2GB of ram?

Yeah. Dont all of them have 2GB? Have a Q10.

02-22-14 03:22 PM
    Maybe the problem is the snap2chat android port? Do you experience the same thing when have other frames open but not snap2chat

Posted via CB10
    Its not an android port. Official BB10 app in beta.

02-22-14 03:23 PM
    Its not an android port. Official BB10 app in beta.

If it is in beta you should report the problem to the developer. That's kind of what a beta program is all about.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:50 PM
    If it is in beta you should report the problem to the developer. That's kind of what a beta program is all about.

Posted via CB10
    Yes i do know that, but im not sure if that is the app that is causing it. So i wont report something im not 100 % sure on. Thats why i was asking if anybody else has had this issue.

02-22-14 03:55 PM
    I would think device monitor would help. Typically, in my experience, active frames close for two reasons. One you try to open #9, which doesn't apply here, and two, you're running low on memory, which running a beta app could cause, memory leaks and the like.

If you go into device monitor (on OS 10.2.1) you can click the memory tab up top. Then find the snap2chat app and tap that line. It'll give you all sorts of graphs and stuff. I'd check that when you have snap2chat open. If it starts trending upwards, then that's the culprit.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    02-22-14 04:03 PM
    I would think device monitor would help. Typically, in my experience, active frames close for two reasons. One you try to open #9, which doesn't apply here, and two, you're running low on memory, which running a beta app could cause, memory leaks and the like.

If you go into device monitor (on OS 10.2.1) you can click the memory tab up top. Then find the snap2chat app and tap that line. It'll give you all sorts of graphs and stuff. I'd check that when you have snap2chat open. If it starts trending upwards, then that's the culprit.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    This, and you describe three cases of shutdowns. The last time only snap2chat was running. QED.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:19 PM
    Yeah. Dont all of them have 2GB? Have a Q10.

Nope I have a pre-production/employee device and it only has 1GB of RAM... and sometimes my active frames close by themselves. That's why I asked you...

Active frames automatically closing-img_20140115_145506.png
    Active frames automatically closing-1gb.png

02-22-14 06:32 PM
    Memory shouldnt be a problem. When this started happening earlier, i still had around 300 mb free.

The screenshots are for now:
    Active frames automatically closing-img_20140223_030548.png

As you can see, plenty of memory available.

Active frames automatically closing-img_20140223_030604.png

This is the memory usage of the app. There was a update on friday which helped with the memory problem. As you can see, it stays between 30-50 mb now. So that shouldnt be a problem. But as it looks, it might be a memory issue related to some of the apps i was running.

Thanks for the help guys!

02-22-14 09:09 PM
    It must be that you were running an old version of snap2chat. Older than 0.9.4 that has a memory leak. It ate up your memory and force closed the app. Won't happen anynmore with the new snap2chat

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:00 AM
    Hey guys.

Got some random things happening today. My active frames started automatically closing. Was listening to music and had cb and snap2chat open while listening to music. Suddenly my music stopped and all open apps closed randomly. Opened all of them again. Closed the music app and left cb and snap2chat open. Unlocked my phone and they were closed. Opened snap2chat, sent a snap and locked the phone again. When i unlocked it, snap2chat was closed.

Anybody know why this might be happening?

My z3 active frames crash too 4 no reason, no matter what combination of apps r open whatsapp n Facebook, browser n cal.c, etc. Reinstalled official os still problem persists
    04-19-16 03:08 AM
    C while posting this another active frame crashed
    04-19-16 03:10 AM