I was interested in knowing how well the active frames are implemented. Do developers use the widget mode when the app is minimized or do most apps just show a smaller screen? My other concern is with identifying the app in the frame for smaller screens. Is it easily identifiable, is the close x easy to miss?

Final question. When opening a new app and then swiping up, does it go to the top of the screen or bottom? Thanks!
    10-10-14 12:38 PM
    It's easy to close with the x. it's in the same place on every frame. Also, swiping to minimize an active frame puts in in the next available position on the homescreen.

Active frames are the best way to keep an app open and out of your way
    10-10-14 07:17 PM
    It's easy to close with the x. it's in the same place on every frame. Also, swiping to minimize an active frame puts in in the next available position on the homescreen.

Active frames are the best way to keep an app open and out of your way
    And in OS 10.3 and higher the frames stay put when you switch between them. So if BBM was in the bottom right of your home screen it will stay there when you switch between apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:59 PM
    In 10.3.1 you can move them around. So you can place the active frames in certain positions too.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    10-10-14 09:42 PM
    In 10.3.1 you can move them around. So you can place the active frames in certain positions too.

10.3.X you can move them around.
    10-10-14 09:49 PM

That sounds like a good feature. Kind of like pinning an application so you don't have to look for it. So swiping up does not place the frame in position 1 as a most recently used application? If I had 3 frames open, and opened a new app then swiped, it would appear in position 4. Not pushing down the existing 3 and taking position one?
    10-10-14 10:06 PM
    That sounds like a good feature. Kind of like pinning an application so you don't have to look for it. So swiping up does not place the frame in position 1 as a most recently used application? If I had 3 frames open, and opened a new app then swiped, it would appear in position 4. Not pushing down the existing 3 and taking position one?
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:05 AM
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    I wish we had the option to choose between the new vs old behavior, for this very reason.
    When working quickly between multiple apps (not using "active frames") it is intuitive to have your most recent app in the top left. Otherwise I have to remember where I placed them - with the new behavior, it's not like they return to the same position if you close the app / if you open too many apps.

That being said, when you have 8 active frames open on z10, the bottom 4 use the old behavior

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:01 AM
    I wish we had the option to choose between the new vs old behavior, for this very reason.
    When working quickly between multiple apps (not using "active frames") it is intuitive to have your most recent app in the top left. Otherwise I have to remember where I placed them - with the new behavior, it's not like they return to the same position if you close the app / if you open too many apps.

That being said, when you have 8 active frames open on z10, the bottom 4 use the old behavior

Posted via CB10
    An option would be nice. I've grown accustomed to it. I liken it to how Windows desktop handles consecutively opened apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:20 AM
    An option would be nice. I've grown accustomed to it. I liken it to how Windows desktop handles consecutively opened apps.

Posted via CB10
    Still, alt+tab will bring up to you most recent app/program on windows. No thought process / memory needed.

Or is win8different? Haven't used it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:33 AM
    For the first question - it's different app view, not minimized widget. Application is still running and it's up to developers to implement it.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    10-12-14 08:09 AM