While I love the concept of active frames , but I don't know how many of u feel that it slows down the apps a tad second or two. Suppose you are in the active frames page and you open BBM, it always take that tad second extra because it will switch from the active frame to the app. also this is only with apps that have active frames , other apps which just minimize and open at the click. Also suppose bbm in open in active frames and then you open it form the menu it will take a second or two extra because first it will go to the active frame then it will switch from the active frames to the app and then open, this just slows things down. And BlackBerry as a OS should be all about keep moving . Also since every app opens in the active frames first it always takes a second extra. Its not at the touch of a button. This can be really frustrating when you have to very quickly make a phone call because even the phone app will first open in the active frame. I think either BlackBerry should tune their OS so that there is no delay at all or give an option for active frames. I'd rather have apps opening at the click rather than they display information in small frames . Its really irritating at times given how fast everything was in BBOS (Probably because apps open in the background )
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    04-13-14 02:35 AM
    Bottom line: We're talking about ONE second!
    If it's really that frustrating try meditation!

Also, empty your Cache. ... files stored in the background that are no longer used.
    You can get to them through Device Storage.

When things slow down a re boot doesn't hurt, either!
    ronfc likes this.
    04-13-14 06:20 AM
    I don't know what you are taking about. I just tried and BBM starting from an active frame is noticeably faster than starting from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:17 PM
    I know what you mean and I've noticed that at the very beginning. There is no need to show the animation IMO. That can be done in the background. Just go straight to the app I say.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:47 PM
    Exactly my point.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:12 PM
    I don't know what you are taking about.
    Posted via CB10
    I usually know what I'm talking about, even if no one else does.
    But, the end result is always the same. My device always runs with no issues.

(probably runs better when I'm not talking!)

04-13-14 11:49 PM
    I usually know what I'm talking about, even if no one else does.
    But, the end result is always the same. My device always runs with no issues.

(probably runs better when I'm not talking!)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    My comment was to the OP.
    04-14-14 08:00 AM