I really hope BlackBerry addresses the minimizing and ordering of active frames in OS 10.3 before it is released. The way this is implemented in 10.3.0.442 is atrocious. If I'm operating in a given application and I minimize it, I don't want it to go to the bottom of the list, and, in those cases where there are more than a few open active frames, right off the screen. This is a big issue that really messed up the flow in the OS that really needs to be addressed before release. I know where they were going with it, but instead of auto-pinning frames, let the user chose what to pin and leave the ordering of of the rest of the active frames the same as in OS 10.2.1 and earlier.

Further to this, the animation for active frames minimizing and closing is not smooth, in fact, it's just downright confusing and inefficient. This too has to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 08:38 AM
    I agree to an extent. However, you should be able to hold down on an active frame and rearrange the order similar to rearranging the app icons

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 08:50 AM
    Yes!!!!!! Thank you. I want the frames to stay in the same order they are now.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 09:01 AM
    all this for a SDK OS.
    05-30-14 09:22 AM
    all this for a SDK OS.
    Now is the time to mention it. If I could send feedback on the beta OS to BlackBerry I would as well.
    05-30-14 09:24 AM
    all this for a SDK OS.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    guillaume75 likes this.
    05-30-14 09:26 AM
    Now is the time to mention it. If I could send feedback on the beta OS to BlackBerry I would as well.

how do you know it was permanent? we've seen how much changed in a couple builds of 10.3 already...442 isn't even what clewley showed off ,so for all you know it may have changed.
    05-30-14 09:33 AM
    how do you know it was permanent? we've seen how much changed in a couple builds of 10.3 already...442 isn't even what clewley showed off ,so for all you know it may have changed.
    Constructive feedback is always useful. Why wait until they've already finished it only to have to bring up issues then. You're not making any sense...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 10:19 AM
    Send to: [email protected] and [email protected]
    Asap...

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-30-14 11:55 AM
    Constructive feedback is always useful. Why wait until they've already finished it only to have to bring up issues then. You're not making any sense...

Posted via CB10
    Send to: [email protected] and [email protected]

05-30-14 11:56 AM
    Ha, thanks for those addresses. I will send them my feedback! We should really put those in a forum sticky.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 12:39 PM
    Ha, thanks for those addresses. I will send them my feedback! We should really put those in a forum sticky.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a Sticky would be great...PM Kevin or a moderator and tell them.

05-31-14 05:05 AM
    I think for the time being we are able to rearrange the active frames. This gives you the ability to keep your most important apps at your fingertips at all times. Imagine if I wanted to glance at my data usage, battery usage or calendar appointments at all times, I'd have device manager and calendar as the top two frames.

If I open other apps, it doesn't change this order, they are still there. I think this is cool. Customization is always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:42 PM
    I think for the time being we are able to rearrange the active frames. This gives you the ability to keep your most important apps at your fingertips at all times. Imagine if I wanted to glance at my data usage, battery usage or calendar appointments at all times, I'd have device manager and calendar as the top two frames.

If I open other apps, it doesn't change this order, they are still there. I think this is cool. Customization is always welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I love the new active frames.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:13 PM
    I really hope BlackBerry addresses the minimizing and ordering of active frames in OS 10.3 before it is released. The way this is implemented in 10.3.0.442 is atrocious. If I'm operating in a given application and I minimize it, I don't want it to go to the bottom of the list, and, in those cases where there are more than a few open active frames, right off the screen. This is a big issue that really messed up the flow in the OS that really needs to be addressed before release. I know where they were going with it, but instead of auto-pinning frames, let the user chose what to pin and leave the ordering of of the rest of the active frames the same as in OS 10.2.1 and earlier.

Further to this, the animation for active frames minimizing and closing is not smooth, in fact, it's just downright confusing and inefficient. This too has to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    My active app when minimized goes to the upper left corner of the screen. Maybe I'm missing what you're saying.

When closing the active frames/apps, they just close, disappear into the background.
    06-01-14 04:52 PM
    My active app when minimized goes to the upper left corner of the screen. Maybe I'm missing what you're saying.

When closing the active frames/apps, they just close, disappear into the background.
    That's not how 10.3.0.442 worked for me. The most recent app did not go on the top, it just went wherever it happened to be when I launched it. For example, say I had weather, calendar, CB, and Remember, all open at the same time. On the Z30 that's all the frames you can fit into one screen. The fifth app I open and minimize to an active frame does not go to the top of the list, instead it's the fifth frame and minimizes off-screen. That's what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 07:15 PM
    I think the solution to your problem is that when the app minimizes, the active frame screen should automatically pan to show where the frame went? So it doesn't go off the screen

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    higherdestiny likes this.
    06-02-14 04:04 PM
    The active frames can be pinned to a specific location in 10.3. Applications that have not been pinned will be added to the bottom of the list, in right to left, descending order as they are opened; active frames retain their position instead of reordering based on which one was accessed most recently (like they have in every pre-10.3 version of the OS).
    I can see how, if one is switching rapidly between frames / applications, the old (or current, depending on how you look after it), re-order method would be more efficient.
    That being said, the ability to pin the frames and the fact that they retain their position in 10.3, allows one to more effectively manage applications that take advantage of the active frame display, such as weather, BlackBerry World, etc. Personally, I usually have weather, calendar, remember, etc., open, and I'm really enjoying the fact that I can pin them to the toll of the home screen.
    It did take a little getting used to, but I think I like it more this way. I do see, however, the advantages to the pre-10.3 system. Hopefully we'll be given the option for choose between the two methods.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:09 PM
    Pin apps? How? I am trying to figure this out and Im kinda jealous at pinning apps. tell me how please.
    06-02-14 04:44 PM
    Pin apps? How? I am trying to figure this out and Im kinda jealous at pinning apps. tell me how please.
    The same way you would reorder apps in the application page(s). Do a long press on the frame.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:59 PM
    This is a part of the known issues that BlackBerry disclaimed in the software release notes, which if you installed this OS version you should have read btw.

"After you launch an app, the app appears in the last position, not the first position, in the running apps panel."

All others here http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...easenotes.html
    higherdestiny likes this.
    06-02-14 05:12 PM
    This is a known BUG
    06-02-14 05:44 PM
    This is a part of the known issues that BlackBerry disclaimed in the software release notes, which if you installed this OS version you should have read btw.

"After you launch an app, the app appears in the last position, not the first position, in the running apps panel."

All others here http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...easenotes.html
    Yep this
    06-02-14 05:45 PM
    all this for a SDK OS.
    Sir Jes, you have just won the thread.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-02-14 08:31 PM
    Disregard.
    06-02-14 08:48 PM
32 12