Does anyone have issues with the active frames and their placement in 10.3? I am having a hard time with the upgrade from 10.2 where it minimized to the upper left corner. I usually have 6-8 apps open at all times, now I find it difficult to use if I have more than 4. This is because each day they are in different spots.
    I took a long time to upgrade because after upgrading my wife's Q, I was not happy.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    04-27-15 11:20 PM
    There are a heck load of threads on this. But here goes nothing.

There are 8 spots for active frames. One 10.3, first app open will remain on 1st spot. Same applies for all 4 top spots. On 10.2.1 and prior, last app used would always get the first spot.

5th to 8th spot, apps will move around, the most recently used always taking the 5th spot, the least used always going to the bottom of the list. Open a 9th app, last app on the 8th is closed and the 9th app once minimized will take the 5th spot.

There.

PS: If you think this is smart, it is not.

Oh, I forgot. Holdo on any active fram to move them around.
    Zeridialous likes this.
    04-27-15 11:33 PM
    There are a heck load of threads on this. But here goes nothing.

"Oh, I forgot. Holdo on any active fram to move them around".
    Looks like you were driving while typing this line. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-27-15 11:58 PM
    I had 10.3 on my phone for about 30 minutes today before reverting to 10.2

The awful active frame behavior is one of the reasons I rolled back.
    04-28-15 01:36 AM
    I wonder when all the people who were asking for a way to pin active frames will chime in. I usually don't have frames open unless I'm multitasking between them. As soon as that gets over two multitasking efficiency goes way down.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    04-28-15 05:30 AM
    I wonder when all the people who were asking for a way to pin active frames will chime in.
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. Thanks.

WE ASKED FOR IT. WE WANTED PINNED FRAMES.

I usually don't have frames open unless I'm multitasking between them. As soon as that gets over two multitasking efficiency goes way down.
    From what I remember, the most I even have open at the same time are 6. I wouldn't say efficiency goes down really and I think it is exactly because I can make sure the apps I need the most are where I know they will be.

But that's just me. Opinions and experiences will vary.

Just make sure you don't try the OS for 30 minutes and roll back when you see change. Hardly a smart thing to do.
    04-28-15 09:10 AM
    I was wondering if those that wanted sticky frames were happy with the new system. To me having them this way is less productive, by that I mean why have active frames when one could just close the apps and use the icons which each user has organized as they prefer?
    5th to 8th spot, apps will move around, the most recently used always taking the 5th spot, the least used always going to the bottom of the list.
    This is not accurate on my Z10. All 8 apps stay in the order opened. So if I use BBM + twitter, then have 3 apps open, open Crackberry, it goes to the bottom, now I have to scroll to move between it and BBM, or Press/Hold/Move. Do this 10/20/50 times a day... against might be better off for me to close apps and open from icons.
    Do people use active frames now, and more or less than before?

04-28-15 09:21 AM
    Does anyone have issues with the active frames and their placement in 10.3? I am having a hard time with the upgrade from 10.2 where it minimized to the upper left corner. I usually have 6-8 apps open at all times, now I find it difficult to use if I have more than 4. This is because each day they are in different spots.
    Why are they in different spots? The advantage of the new active frame method is that they are not in different spots (like in10.2), they are always in the same place. So, if you have Weather in the upper right, Calendar in upper left, twitter in bottom left......they are always there......always. You always know where to quickly find them. Previously.....they would be jumping around the screen from moment to moment as you open and close apps, the opposite of what you're describing.
    04-28-15 09:23 AM
    I find it difficult to use if I have more than 4. This is because each day they are in different spots.
    All 8 apps stay in the order opened.
    I'm going to be honest, I'm a little confused.

The way diegonei described is the way active frames work.
    We asked for pinned active frames and we got them. I like the new implementation, I just wish they had done it this way from the start because some people are confused with the change.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-28-15 12:15 PM
    I prefer the old way because when I have more than one application open it is because I'm moving back and forth between applications, reviewing data, copy and pasting, etc. Most of the time when I leave an application I'm going to the last one I had open, which used to be in slot two. Now it could be in slot five which is much harder to get to. The old way if I only used an app once in a multi tasking session it would eventually fall to the bottom.

I can see that people who keep apps in active frame all the time prefer this method, but I find it much less productive.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    nah.uhh likes this.
    04-28-15 09:54 PM
    For those that don't understand.. the 10.2 way mimicked alt+tab app switching

People asked for the ability to pin frames.. what did we get? Static frames.
    The 10.3 way forced you to remember where you put each app.

Example, old way. You have bbm, calendar, clock open and are currently using crackberry.
    You click a link that opens in browser. When you're done with the browser you
    A)want to go back to crackberry. Where is it? In the #2 "most recent" slot.
    B)want to go back into the browser. Where is it? In the #1 position.

Same situation: You have bbm, calendar, clock open and are currently using crackberry. You click a link that opens in browser. When you're done with the browser you
    A)want to go back to crackberry. Where is it? That depends.. if you have 8 apps open, it's in the #6 spot. Otherwise, its or somewhere else (look).
    B)want to go back into the browser. Where is it? If you have 8 apps open, it's in the #5 spot, otherwise its somewhere else(look).

Should have left the option to use the old behavior... the 10.2 "alt+tab" style was far more efficient as a task switcher. The new 10.3 method is better for people who use "active frames" for information.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-28-15 10:07 PM
    Forced to remember is a bit forced lol.

All it takes is LOOKING at the bloody screen.

#firstworldproblems
    04-30-15 07:26 PM
    The new method introduces one of those "Think points" that Michael Clewley insisted was the reason for the removal of the original call-answer screen.

We need fewer "think points", not more. 10.3 is crap for these "think points".
    04-30-15 09:01 PM