Combing through the forums, it seems many people (including myself) are having an issue where they receive continuous "Account Info Needed" notifications for headless applications that they may or may not still have on their devices. If you click on the link to open the account, you just get a blank screen or an error. The issue only seems to present itself after a restore from a backup and the only current solution is to not restore (which is an issue for those who want to keep certain data ex.Remember App). Is this issue something that is on the BB development team's radar? It seems the simple issue would be to stop giving continuous daily (in my case at 3 and 4am) alerts after a week or so. Also, maybe provide access to these hidden accounts so that users can just delete dead ones. Side note: Is there a current way to get into that database and purge that data now?
    mpokeras and Javid Gozalov like this.
    01-28-15 04:50 PM
    I wish I knew if it would be fixed. Alas, mine does it a few times a day. For accounts I no longer have. And I have not yet found a way to overcome it as I restored last time I did an update.
    01-28-15 05:53 PM
    Same here. Bugs the hell out of me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-30-15 09:53 AM
    Are these Android apps causing the problem?

There was a thread a while ago about using one of the Android file managers ( Ghost commander?) to search the Android file system and delete the files causing the problem.
    kbz1960 and lakes76 like this.
    01-30-15 09:59 AM
    Wow the same exact thing happen to me on a daily basis, I hope someone will figure it out soon became it's annoying

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:47 PM
    For me, they are not android apps causing the problem. They are native apps, specifically Snap10 (formerly Snap2Chat) and Igrann. The developers stated they needed to create a sort of dummy account in order to have hub integration or run headless. These accounts are the ones you are unable to get to from the "Account Info Needed" alert.

I did read where others said their issues were coming from android apps.
    01-30-15 03:06 PM
    For me, it is the android Paypal app. If I minimize the blank screen you can notice the Paypal logo on the lower left hand side of the minimized screen.
    01-30-15 03:17 PM
    The "dummy" accounts get backed up and when you restore this backup, it is no longer linked to the original app
    Hence, it will keep asking for password etc
    However, because it was a dummy account to begin with. When you click to update the password, or to delete the account, it says account error, because it never really existed!
    As for how to fix it? Don't restore the account and settings from BB Link, OR I've been told that doing an OTA update with sachesi fixes it as well!
    dkonigs likes this.
    01-30-15 03:23 PM
    this happens when you restore a backup file and do not have the same app installed. best to start over clean without restoring apps
    01-30-15 03:24 PM
    I'm assuming the non-destructive update with Sachesi only prevents the problem from happening upon an update and will not resolve the alert problem if it is already present on your device?

The "dummy" accounts get backed up and when you restore this backup, it is no longer linked to the original app
    However, because it was a dummy account to begin with. When you click to update the password, or to delete the account, it says account error, because it never really existed!
    As for how to fix it? Don't restore the account and settings from BB Link, OR I've been told that doing an OTA update with sachesi fixes it as well!
    01-30-15 03:59 PM
    It used to happen to me with Blaq. Now, it is happening also with Twittly. Definitely something to do with the Hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:08 PM
    It happened to me when I restored settings without reinstalling K9 Mail. It was looking for that program and associated accounts. I lived with it until I installed an updated IS. Interestingly, I did a simple update using Link and the problem went away.

Posted via CB10
    lakes76 likes this.
    01-31-15 12:40 AM
    Its the OS guys. Bb has to fix it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Warlack likes this.
    01-31-15 01:23 AM
    Happened to me before when I did the restore after autoloading OS, but when I did a fresh autoloader without restoring data, it never happens again

Z30 STA2
    01-31-15 02:45 AM
    this happens when you restore a backup file and do not have the same app installed. best to start over clean without restoring apps
    THIS

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:56 AM
    Not true. Problem lies in the accounts and settings of the backup

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:12 AM
    I'm assuming the non-destructive update with Sachesi only prevents the problem from happening upon an update and will not resolve the alert problem if it is already present on your device?
    No, actually if you do an OTA/sachesi update with the preexisting problem, it will be fixed.
    Why this is, I do not know

Posted via CB10
    lakes76 likes this.
    01-31-15 08:13 AM
    Agreed. This is definitely something that the BB10 devs need to fix.
    Its the OS guys. Bb has to fix it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-15 11:58 AM
    I get this from native apps, Google Talk and the native Meetup app (now uninstalled), as well as certain Android apps, like Skype.

With over 500 Word Sub entries, restore is non-negotiable.
    02-01-15 07:28 PM
    I am getting this with native Twittly on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:56 PM
    I didn't have this issue until I copied my Z10 to my Z30. Now it happens once a day. Sucks!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-07-15 06:27 PM
    Delorme Earthmate app, which is an Android app. I'm just sitting right until the official 10.3.1 from my Z10 is released. But the notice is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:55 PM
    I get this from native apps, Google Talk and the native Meetup app (now uninstalled), as well as certain Android apps, like Skype.

With over 500 Word Sub entries, restore is non-negotiable.
    Ah
    If this is indeed the same bug I remember from back when I used google talk
    A workaround was to login to the original account, logout, login to a different account, logout and log back into your desired account

But it's been a while since I've experienced this notification

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-07-15 08:34 PM
    Ditto.. same error here

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:55 PM
    The problem is a mixture of two things... This is the first. Basically, a backup/restore sets a "password change needed" flag on the account that causes the system to generate that annoying prompt. If the app is still installed, then it can "update" the dummy account to clear that flag and make the notification go away. If the app isn't installed, then it obviously cannot do that.

The second issue is that a the hub integration examples/docs a lot of developers got do something very bad. Specifically, they say that an app should "remember" the ID of its dummy account inside its own settings. As such, any delete/reinstall of that app will cause it to lose that data and create a second account.

The solution is for the app to actually find its dummy account in the system, rather than just remembering its ID internally.

The first issue is something BlackBerry absolutely needs to fix.
    The second issue is something app developers need to address.

Of course if the system actually removed these dummy accounts when their respective apps were deleted, these problems would be far less common.
    02-08-15 03:01 PM
28 12