Hey guys,

I couldn't find any similar threads on this topic. A few weeks ago I downloaded a free game called War of Nations via Evozi's tool that downloads APK files from the Google Play store. I've been thinking of downgrading my device to the previous official 10.3.1 OS that I found gave me better performance, and I'm concerned that in doing so, it might cause my progress to reset in this game (silly concern, I know). They also periodically release updated versions of the APK, and eventually you're forced to upgrade once you're several versions behind.

Anyways, my question is - How does my Blackberry link to the account for this game (produced by a company called Gree)? There's no login/password required, just every time I open the app (including the very first time) it knows who I am somehow. I'm concerned that i'll be a "new player" if I update the app and/or reinstall my OS. Now I will say however, I installed the latest 10.3.1 update through Blackberry Link with this game already installed, and nothing was affected, not sure if that would be different for an OS downgrade and/or overwriting it with a newer version of the APK.

Thank you!!
    05-16-15 09:33 AM
    obviously, the game progress is being saved on your device memory. If you wipe your phone to upgrade the OS using an autoloader, you will lose the game data unless you were to first create a FULL backup of the phone and restoring it after the upgrade. That would be my guess.
    05-17-15 02:11 PM
    obviously, the game progress is being saved on your device memory. If you wipe your phone to upgrade the OS using an autoloader, you will lose the game data unless you were to first create a FULL backup of the phone and restoring it after the upgrade. That would be my guess.
    It's a completely online game, so I'm guessing that everything is stored on their servers (or else I'm sure people would find a way to edit their saves). I'm wondering if Android devices have some kind of unique identifier, like BB's and their PINs, or if it's usually tracked based on someone's Google account.
    05-17-15 04:19 PM