Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 OS

Accidentally installed SDK 10.3, how can I get the consumer version?

Asked: Apr 04 2015 | 10:10 pm EDT 1719 Views 3 Answers View Best Answer

Hello,

I was getting very impatient with waiting for the bb 10.3 update. I did a google search and found an update from the developer website

being the impatient person that i am, I clicked and installed the one for the z10 stl 100-2. I wasn't really paying attention. I just saw that it was from Blackberry and went a head with it.

Now nothing works properly.

i have tried to autoload the real version of the software using Sachesi. However, it keeps coming up with the error that the version i am trying to install is for a different device. How can i override or get rid of the SDK version and get back to having the correct version? I am tempted to just toss the phone in the trash and walk away and go get a new phone...

i have a blackberry Z10 STL 100-2

any help would be greatly appreciate. I have googled and searched but cant find an answer

Best Answer

More Answers

Apr 04 2015 | 10:27 pm EDT Don_Henry

OP - I also suggest spending some time reading the various threads about how to use autoloaders, how to use Sachesi, etc.

By your own statement, you kind of rushed into things and got yourself in a pickle. Slow down - take the time to read in advance - and if you have questions, better to ask before you get in the pickle.

For example - you said you tried to "autoload using Sachesi". Side loading with Sachesi and autoloaders are two distinctly different things. Both have their place and functions -but the are different.

Hope this is helpful advice.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.281 - AT&T (posted via CB10)

Apr 04 2015 | 11:27 pm EDT Morten

not possible to "accidently" install a BlackBerry10 OS...

and if you really did find the SDK OS on BlackBerry web, then you would also see information on how to "downgrade" again

The same page also explains that the SDK OS does Not replace a full OS, and that it is only for test purposes etc...

( https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...ha_update.html )

Unless you KNOW what you are doing, stick to the OS you get from your carrier!