I'm really curious, if some of you managed to access system logs on BB10 phone. Access to /var/log/ is disabled for normal user.
    Isn't there some workaround? For example fine-tune logger service to send logs to different folder?

I would really like to know what is my phone doing...
    02-04-20 01:44 AM
    I'm really curious, if some of you managed to access system logs on BB10 phone. Access to /var/log/ is disabled for normal user.
    Isn't there some workaround? For example fine-tune logger service to send logs to different folder?

I would really like to know what is my phone doing...
    That's the problem with BB10. There is no mechanism to oversee or prevent unwanted connections like there is on Android.
    02-04-20 10:56 AM
    That's the problem with BB10. There is no mechanism to oversee or prevent unwanted connections like there is on Android.
    Yup, that's my biggest problem with the platform. Over secure to the point that it's insecure. For example I have a couple gig sized files stuck in memory that I can't delete, because they're 700 permissions, not owned by the phone's user, and I have no way to run anything as root. Joy!

OP, you're going to get very little access to the system software/directories of the phone. Considering you know what /var/log is, I suggest waiting till pinephone matures a bit, then jump over there for your next phone purchase. Depending on your OS of choice, you'll have pure freedom to control and manage your OS. (Not to mention there is no EOL, since the kernel is mainline.)

Posted via CB10
    02-04-20 11:38 AM