If Signal starts having problems it might be the final straw; it's already impossible to find other Signal contacts and you need to close it twice. The solution would be a cheap Android Phone, since I hate typing on displays but find sending voice messages a little ridiculous, I'd just use messaging and the phone in general less. The KeyOne seems poorly made and expensive, from a company that doesn't stand behind its products. The mobile phone plateau has arrived.
    The cheap Android phone is actually the better idea. Easier than people switching IM methods. You could use WhatsApp then.
    02-08-18 12:40 PM
    I was looking at a Keyone black (£449) but a refurbished Pixel 2 came up for the same price so I snapped that up.

No physical keyboard is a downgrade but the crazy good camera and squeezing the phone to access Google Assistant (which is the feature I use most even though I expected it to be a gimmick) more than make up for it.

Android is a hot mess but I downloaded Blackberry hub which helps.

Really miss notification LED but again, wouldn't swap it for the Pixel pros.
    02-12-18 02:26 PM
    Oh yeah, I am struggling with the size of this thing. Walking around with it in my pocket is frankly uncomfortable. If the Blackberry Keytwo is a Q10-sized powerhouse with a rockin' camera then I'll stick the Pixel 2 on eBay 😂
    02-12-18 04:13 PM
    Is everyone's Yalp store still working? The download button in my app has disappeared after getting an error saying something about github. I also heard github was hacked so I don't know if this is related
    03-09-18 04:26 PM
    Is everyone's Yalp store still working?

Mine is working fine. Maybe uninstall and reinstall?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-09-18 04:29 PM
    Mine is working fine. Maybe uninstall and reinstall?
    What version are you running?
    And I did the reinstall. No lucky lucky
    03-09-18 04:30 PM
    What version are you running?
    And I did the reinstall. No lucky lucky
    I'm on 0.29 and no problems whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 04:51 PM
    I'm on 0.29 and no problems whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    Ah ok mine is working now also. I think the down time was due to the site being hacked. They must have fixed it. Heard on a podcast that it just happened the other day

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-09-18 07:38 PM
    Sailfish uses Alien Dalvik 4.4, but just announced that it will be update later this year.

Posted via CB10
    This is for sailfish phone!
    In custom android phone with selfish mostly the base CyanogenMod that you need to install first!(as needed for drivers and stuff)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-18 02:27 PM
    Sticking to Q10 till 2020
    zer0ten likes this.
    03-14-18 03:56 PM
    Unless a pocketable device with blend as an extra will hit the market before that date
    zer0ten likes this.
    03-14-18 03:58 PM
    This is for sailfish phone!
    In custom android phone with selfish mostly the base CyanogenMod that you need to install first!(as needed for drivers and stuff)

Posted via CB10
    Cyanogenmod for drivers? But Sailfish uses libhybris for drivers...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    03-14-18 06:14 PM
    Cyanogenmod for drivers? But Sailfish uses libhybris for drivers...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Yes and no!
    Yes because when you have sailfish phone and no because on android phones which sailfish installed on them there is a necessary need for a base of CM to provide drivers for sailfish and hence this CM base we could use android apps with F-droid which almost run at hardware level!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-18 08:18 AM
    I switched to the PRIV and then KEYone. I pretty much disabled and removed everything from Google (yes, even Google Play Services and Play Store) and BlackBerry and have installed mostly FOSS apps for Facebook (SlimSocial), Youtube (NewPipe), and Twitter (Twidere). I also set up a Firewall and AdBlocker (NetGuard) and run it in whitelist mode with only a handful of apps that are allowed to access the internet. Pretty satisfied but still miss my Classic. It was very pocketable and much more ergonomic.
    Useful info, so google apps/services can be disabled/uninstalled.
    I was waiting for a root/hack for priv/keyone to be able to control the device, but if I can control the google/bb crap I can be a potential customer of BlackBerry android devices

Yes, Classic has the best keyboard I have touched...

It would be great a more detailed guide of what u did
    Did u try microg?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-18 10:15 AM
    I switched to the PRIV and then KEYone. I pretty much disabled and removed everything from Google (yes, even Google Play Services and Play Store) and BlackBerry and have installed mostly FOSS apps for Facebook (SlimSocial), Youtube (NewPipe), and Twitter (Twidere). I also set up a Firewall and AdBlocker (NetGuard) and run it in whitelist mode with only a handful of apps that are allowed to access the internet. Pretty satisfied but still miss my Classic. It was very pocketable and much more ergonomic.
    Does NetGaurd allow you to see if the device is still "phoning home" to mother Google despite removing their apps? Or have you tried it through a WiFi to see what it's doing in the background?

I have heard others indicate that it still does and that a root would he required (if it was possible) in order to shut that off.
    03-26-18 11:46 AM
40 12