Being BB10 based in QNX, I am surprised when I cannot see free software ported for BB10.
    How different is the development for maemo/meego vs BB10? Is very complex to port linux apps based in qt?

At least in theory, we should have an advantage over android/iphone in terms of reusing free code. am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:32 PM
    It depends on the open source software. I've ported and used several open source libraries to BB10 for use in my applications. The process is quite easy.

You mention Qt. It really depends on the version of Qt the program you want to port needs. Cascades (which isn't compatable with straight up Qt in any case) is based on Qt 4.8. So you should be able to port programs that can run on Qt 4.8 easily as well. Other versions of Qt would require you to port those libraries first.
    dpgo likes this.
    10-10-15 10:32 PM
    I have just seen that some BB10 apps have been ported to Jolla Sailfish (MeeGo flavour) and it is based in:
    Qt 4.7 [Qt47]
    Qt Mobility 1.0 [QtMob]
    OpenGL ES 2.0 [OGLES]
    So I suppose, that depending of complexity a developer could easily build apps for both platforms.
    What about apps based in python and BB10?
    10-11-15 08:39 AM
    I have just seen that some BB10 apps have been ported to Jolla Sailfish (MeeGo flavour) and it is based in:
    Qt 4.7 [Qt47]
    Qt Mobility 1.0 [QtMob]
    OpenGL ES 2.0 [OGLES]
    So I suppose, that depending of complexity a developer could easily build apps for both platforms.
    What about apps based in python and BB10?
    Well, Python 3.2.2 is readily available on BB10 devices and some apps sure make use of it. But all of that sounds a bit like 2013...

Via Pasta CB10
    10-11-15 10:26 AM