I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing high data numbers on a z10.

I have 12 bb10 devices on our bes server.
    11 of the users use 200-700 mb per month in data usage.
    Not that it means much, but most are older, and really dont use apps / browser.

One of my users however, has some abnormal usage, that i cant seem to track down.

He was generally using 2-8mb in a given day. A few weeks ago, it spiked, and now uses anywhere from 20-310mb in one day.

I suspected the user had some app installed, but when i looked at the device, there was nothing there other than the standard weather app.
    The user doesnt have any personal email accounts (all though the BES / Balance).
    He doesnt ue BBM video/voice only standard BBM.

Im at a loss as to how he could possible be going though 310 mb in a single day when he is a very "basic" user (email, phone calender bbm).

Any ideas, or any thoughts as to how i could track it to narrow down whats eating the data?
    One thought was that maybe the phone was trying to update and kept redownloading the OS but that doesnt seem likely.
    It screems app related to me, but with no apps installed, i just dont get it.
    04-25-13 10:35 AM
    Maybe watching YouTube or similar online video streaming through the native web browser?
    04-25-13 10:39 AM
    Its possible,
    but knowing the user i would say highly unlikley
    He is in his late 50s, and likely doesnt even know how to get to youtube.

I thought possible tethering, but he wuoldnt know how to do that if he tried.
    04-25-13 10:47 AM
    I'm not sure if it is the same for BB10, but in Settings/Device/Application Management on my 9850, you can sort by Usage and expand the Usage time frame from Today to Yesterday, This Week, or Last Week.
    See what app and/or module was being used the most.
    04-25-13 12:45 PM
    It might also be the phone sending data to BlackBerry for diagnosis purposes. This happened on an iphone in my office.

You can find it in the settings menu under security

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:00 PM
    Sounds to me like you should ask him. Maybe he's letting a kid play with it in the evenings when he's not at work?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:03 PM
    Keep an eye on your daily, weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage with the Data Usage Counter app

Available at the BlackBerry World

Last edited by tonyblaze; 05-21-13 at 01:51 AM.
    05-08-13 11:26 AM