I've been reading about this and wondering if it is possible to use "Picture Password" feature on a device connected to BES. My friend had asked me about this and indicated that his IT department said in so many words, that it is a product limitation and a security problem. Is that really the case? I would have thought that in public environments that your device password was more susceptible to being captured than your picture password.

On the Internet, I've read that it may be that they need to update their BES software, while others state that the reason that it can't be used is because you are forcing the workspace password across the full device. And if they didn't do this, then you could implement it on the personal side, but would still need to enter your workspace password after using the picture password.

Most of the discussions I read were from last year and wanted to see if anyone here has experience with this and whether it has been modified in a newer version or if there is an easy way to implement this.

Thanks.
    11-10-14 10:55 AM
    I'm running my Z10 connected to BlackBerry's cloud BES. I was able to get picture password working but had to make work partition password optional to see if up. Most IT departments don't believe users will behave reasonably unless forced.

Since BlackBerry 10 has work partition and personal partition I see no reason not to use picture password to unlock the phone to the personal side but require a password for the work side. But I don't work for our IT department.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:58 PM