My biggest gripe with bb10 is simple. It takes TWO gestures to close an app. Not one. I swipe up, then click the X. To add to this frustration, I rarely, if ever, keep apps open in the live tiles area. Watching videos of others using bb10 I think that's common, too.

What I wish we had is a gesture that would close the app with one movement, minimize it with another. This would allow both people who keep apps open and those who don't to have a level of control that's currently lacking.

What think?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:29 PM
    What OS has a one gesture/button close option? iOS doesn't. Android doesn't.

Windows Phone?

I'm not even certain it's a good idea. A one-gesture close means there is enormous potential to accidentally close an app, possibly before work is saved.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:42 PM

Windows Phone?

I'm not even certain it's a good idea. A one-gesture close means there is enormous potential to accidentally close an app, possibly before work is saved.

Posted via CB10
    I agree

Swiped up on the awesome Z10... by the developer of "Data Usage Counter, Recycle Bin and Alarm+ for BB10"
    08-03-13 02:49 PM
    Well there is the gesture :

Swipe up and right to peek.

There's an unused gesture that BlackBerry could make use of which is swipe up and swipe left.

This should be custom, much like the os7 convenience key, would be awesome if they gave us a CONVENIENCE GESTURE which we could set to whatever we like.

Launch certain app
    Launch cam
    Close open app
    Voice control
    Etc etc

Regarding iPhone and android not having it, what's your point? Is BlackBerry a clone, can it not innovate it's own features?

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-03-13 02:56 PM
    Does the home button not close an app in ios? I thought it did.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:14 PM
    I am actually also wishing there was a button that would minimize current and get you to the hub (or get you to the primary app screen). In a few situations it would be great. This is also from the person that fell in love with the palm webos methodology (I thought it was genius) . Anyway, I might be biased since using the q10. I remember the gestures being more 2nd nature on the z10.

Posted via CB using a Q10
    08-03-13 03:21 PM
    This is a real issue for people? I'm sure if it could read your mind and close out an app there would still be complaints.

Posted via Z10
    08-03-13 03:24 PM
    Does the home button not close an app in ios? I thought it did.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is still opened. To close it, you have to double press the home button, long press the app you want to close and press the "-" sign. I hate it :P

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Meego Harmattan OS (Nokia N9) and the upcoming Jolla Sailfish. They use a swipe down to completely close an app without it becoming an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:38 PM
    It is a real issue. Watch videos of people using bb10. They almost always minimize then immediately close apps. Two moves, one intention, inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    MPF94025 and Adva_ like this.
    08-03-13 03:59 PM
    It is a real issue. Watch videos of people using bb10. They almost always minimize then immediately close apps. Two moves, one intention, inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say a "real issue". Folks are complaining about a click.

A real issue is my device won't start. Or my application won't launch.

#justsayin

Edit: Mind you I have an app I built that closes all apps + android runtime + android apps at a button push (thanks for the idea F5). But that's more or fix real device issues.

Posted via CB from my LE
    00stryder and SDTRMG like this.
    08-03-13 04:04 PM
    I wouldn't say a "real issue". Folks are complaining about a click.

A real issue is my device won't start. Or my application won't launch.

#justsayin

Edit: Mind you I have an app I built that closes all apps + android runtime + android apps at a button push (thanks for the idea F5). But that's more or fix real device issues.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Fair, fair. I just think it's an oft overlooked annoyance and time waste. Even if dragging your finger to the very top of the screen would close an app, vs halfway to minimize it, I think a lot of people would realize how much quicker the experience would be, and would just close apps most of the time.

The live frames page is out of place in bb10, IMO. Adds little. Wish apps just had a colour band around them when they remain open. Without the live tiles page, getting into the hub would be very, very simple.

Posted via CB10
    dibbis likes this.
    08-03-13 04:12 PM
    Meego Harmattan OS (Nokia N9) and the upcoming Jolla Sailfish. They use a swipe down to completely close an app without it becoming an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    How does that work without opening say a notification centre? Never seen that just swipe down.
    08-03-13 04:20 PM
    Well there is the gesture :

Swipe up and right to peek.

There's an unused gesture that BlackBerry could make use of which is swipe up and swipe left.

This should be custom, much like the os7 convenience key, would be awesome if they gave us a CONVENIENCE GESTURE which we could set to whatever we like.

Launch certain app
    Launch cam
    Close open app
    Voice control
    Etc etc

Regarding iPhone and android not having it, what's your point? Is BlackBerry a clone, can it not innovate it's own features?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, yes, yes to. Everything you said
    08-03-13 04:22 PM
    that would be cool I guess....I like when I have a folder open with multiple apps in it....and it does what you are saying....just a swipe up closes the FOLDER (you know, when you put similar apps together and you can see the first four of them on the folder tile?)
    08-03-13 04:41 PM
    Two actions required for a potentially irreversible action has a long history of keeping user data safe. I like it the way it is.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    08-03-13 04:42 PM
    Pull down gesture is a good add if I would recommend. Maybe  can implement it on next update.
    Middle screen to bottom bezel gesture - exit app.
    08-03-13 04:54 PM
    I agree maybe we should petition the Exit gesture to be added onto the 10.2. I can't remember if CNET and other review sites said that that was a down side. This OS is about it's ease of use, so why not add that feature.
    08-03-13 05:07 PM
    Fair, fair. I just think it's an oft overlooked annoyance and time waste. Even if dragging your finger to the very top of the screen would close an app, vs halfway to minimize it, I think a lot of people would realize how much quicker the experience would be, and would just close apps most of the time.

The live frames page is out of place in bb10, IMO. Adds little. Wish apps just had a colour band around them when they remain open. Without the live tiles page, getting into the hub would be very, very simple.

Posted via CB10
    Good point

I'm not a big fan of the active frames system either

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-03-13 05:12 PM
    If swiping up and tapping the bottom of the active frame isn't an instinctive gesture for you yet.... then another gesture won't make it any better for you.

This is why you see people doing it in videos all the time.. it is already a gesture and it is very quick to do...

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-03-13 05:21 PM
    All respect, but a lot of comments in these forums are responded to, roughly, with the sentiment here, which is 'It's *your* problem, not Blackberry's.' Not very productive. Criticism is constructive. Shooting it down is pointless. Listening is the best approach to innovation. Not dismissal.

Posted via CB10
    kenicolo likes this.
    08-03-13 05:36 PM
    All respect, but a lot of comments in these forums are responded to, roughly, with the sentiment here, which is 'It's *your* problem, not Blackberry's.' Not very productive. Criticism is constructive. Shooting it down is pointless. Listening is the best approach to innovation. Not dismissal.
    Posted via CB10
    These were the same people who preferred the in out back forward paradigm until blackberry shortened the number of steps to get something done, we're trying to refine it further with ideas and they are panicking now lol

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:49 PM
    Stupidest idea ever. BlackBerry's approach is well-considered and optimal. Your suggestion is not.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 05:55 PM
    Stupidest idea ever. BlackBerry's approach is well-considered and optimal. Your suggestion is not.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I can see how you totally backed that up, your reply contributed really well to the discussion, considering how some have clearly demonstrated how it isn't optimal with examples.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    08-03-13 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that is the case in this thread at all. A clear response as to why it is a bad idea and as to the fact that there is already a gesture that exists were both posted in this thread.

It was also mentioned that BlackBerry has many more important larger fish to fry...

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-03-13 06:18 PM
43 12