Using BB 10
    01-25-18 02:26 PM
    Guys, if you don't want to switch from BB10 but want to keep WhatsApp, no-one forces you. Nonetheless, there's no other alternative but using the Android version together with Whatsfixer. At the moment, it works fine with the latest apk from WhatsApp's site.

Take note, that the alternative Nemory offers (WhatsUp10 and his own version of Whatsfixer) are based on the aforementioned, so just go with the originals (which are free, unlike WhatsUp10).

I've installed the setup on my father's Z30, the last of the family on BB10. He is happy, but I've made him aware that it might break at any point, so in the future, we're considering a Motion for him.

In my experience, BB10 is awesome, but the app gap does affect several of us. I keep my Passport as backup device, but it could hardly replace my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as main device.

We were warned by WhatsApp, is the harsh reality of technology. At least there are still alternatives when it comes to certain apps (including WhatsApp), take advantage of these.

P.S. You can no longer export chat history to Android, since the native BB10 client has ceased connection with WhatsApp's servers. I'd suggest you email your chats, in case you want to keep them, and start from scratch with the workaround or on a new device.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 01-25-18 at 02:55 PM.
    01-25-18 02:30 PM
    Hello,

What about the battery life with using the apk version?

Posted via Q10
    01-25-18 03:18 PM
    Hello,

Posted via Q10
    Depends....
    01-25-18 04:08 PM
    Due to some issue, today uninstalled whatsapp and tried to install it back while installing got msg (while loading backup) - "whatsapp required google play service to run " installed play service very long back even though am getting this issue for lot of apps.
    When that message appears just tap outside of the box, WhatsApp should work fine after that.

Hello,

Posted via Q10
    It'll depend on your usage and it'll be more than the native app as it's running through the runtime but it's quite optimized so it's definitely one of the better Android apps.
    01-25-18 04:13 PM
    Guys, if you don't want to switch from BB10 but want to keep WhatsApp, no-one forces you. Nonetheless, there's no other alternative but using the Android version together with Whatsfixer. At the moment, it works fine with the latest apk from WhatsApp's site.

Take note, that the alternative Nemory offers (WhatsUp10 and his own version of Whatsfixer) are based on the aforementioned, so just go with the originals (which are free, unlike WhatsUp10).

I've installed the setup on my father's Z30, the last of the family on BB10. He is happy, but I've made him aware that it might break at any point, so in the future, we're considering a Motion for him.

In my experience, BB10 is awesome, but the app gap does affect several of us. I keep my Passport as backup device, but it could hardly replace my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as main device.

We were warned by WhatsApp, is the harsh reality of technology. At least there are still alternatives when it comes to certain apps (including WhatsApp), take advantage of these.

P.S. You can no longer export chat history to Android, since the native BB10 client has ceased connection with WhatsApp's servers. I'd suggest you email your chats, in case you want to keep them, and start from scratch with the workaround or on a new device.
    Surprisingly, Disa works well and doesn't need WhatsApp Fixer.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 12:56 AM
    Surprisingly, Disa works well and doesn't need WhatsApp Fixer.

Posted via CB10
    Granted, had forgot about that alternative. I'd be interested to know how does it compare to the oficial WhatsApp app? Can you make voice or video calls, for instance? Or is it only good for messaging?

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    01-26-18 06:05 AM
    What a sad end. See https://blogabissl.blogspot.com/2018...y-zu-ende.html how that looks in Germany. Fritz
    01-26-18 09:51 AM
    Granted, had forgot about that alternative. I'd be interested to know how does it compare to the oficial WhatsApp app? Can you make voice or video calls, for instance? Or is it only good for messaging?

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    Only messaging I fear.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 03:37 AM
    Messaging, voice and video calls, and you can send media like photos and videos. Even you can post stories....

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 04:28 AM
    Had a look on the Disa website. It doesn't mention WA?!?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-18 05:23 AM
    Also previously paid for WhataUp10 and what happppened with that?

Posted via CB10
    You got Nemory Studio-ed lol

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    03-10-18 12:00 PM
    Will I be able to use my phone for calling email and Internet reading after that??

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 03:22 AM
    Had a look on the Disa website. It doesn't mention WA?!?

Posted via CB10
    Disa works for WhatsApp, just try it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 04:18 AM
    Will I be able to use my phone for calling email and Internet reading after that??

Posted via CB10
    Probably. Nobody is 100% sure because of so many connected services with BlackBerry in the background.
    03-11-18 09:52 AM
    Disa works for WhatsApp, just try it.

Posted via CB10
    WA is depreciated it mentions. Do you still want to continue?

So far not succeeded to run it on the Classic as it crashes every time.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-18 05:42 PM
    WA is depreciated it mentions. Do you still want to continue?

So far not succeeded to run it on the Classic as it crashes every time.

Posted via CB10
    It is still working fine on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-18 11:40 AM
117 ... 345