Of course it's not the only option. But the value of a messaging platform is the users that are on it. You could build the perfect app, if you have no users on it, it's useless. Convincing people to switch messaging platforms is a really time consuming thing and will result in a splitting user groups.

Where I live people mostly use two messaging apps: Whatsapp and Facebook messenger.
    Like I said, in this case it's time to say farewell to BB10 and welcome to a new iPhone or Android.
    Soulstream likes this.
    12-30-17 02:59 PM
    Where I live people mostly use two messaging apps: Whatsapp and Facebook messenger.
    Now that BB10 is finishing up, you've got to wonder how much longer BBM has. I mean, if you are getting most of your messages from iMessage, WhatsApp, or Messenger then what's going to keep BBM going?
    12-30-17 08:21 PM
    Now that BB10 is finishing up, you've got to wonder how much longer BBM has. I mean, if you are getting most of your messages from iMessage, WhatsApp, or Messenger then what's going to keep BBM going?
    I thought BBM is popular with Indonesians..
    12-30-17 08:24 PM
    Moreover, BBM on iOS and Android (and Windows Phone but that's not important) is Emtek's thing, so its existence is separate from BlackBerry's operations.

BBM on BBOS/BB10 is still run by BlackBerry Ltd, but those platforms have one or both feet in the grave already.
    12-30-17 09:05 PM
    I tried to install at 1750 (local time of Greece) what's app and I couldnt... never mind what's app apk is fine!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 09:58 AM
    Just installed in Spain. Just change date to 29-12-2017

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 10:21 AM
    Global outage. Again.
    12-31-17 02:06 PM
    It is... but even there, its popularity is waning. It's just that BBM was SO huge there for years, and inertia keeps it rolling forward. That kept AIM and AOL Messenger around for a long time too, but it won't keep them forever.
    12-31-17 04:03 PM
    I'm trying to download and install the app from the link in this thread but I don't see it anywhere on my phone. Can anyone help????

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 09:42 PM
    I'm trying to download and install the app from the link in this thread but I don't see it anywhere on my phone. Can anyone help????

Posted via CB10
    From this link?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

If so the default should be File Manager -> downloads unless you changed the folder when it asks you where to save it.
    12-31-17 11:16 PM
    BlackBerry was practically the platform that launched whatsapp like a rocket and now you do this to its user
    iOS launched WhatsApp.

Anyway, WhatsApp gave two years notice that this would happen and the app is basically in a better functioning state on BB10 than BBM is. It's hardly rational to get angry, especially at another forum member.
    12-31-17 11:52 PM
    Invictus0, yes I used that link. I looked in my Downloads folder and there's nothing "WhatsApp" there. I did a search and found a WhatsApp file in Databases but perhaps that's from when I installed WhatsApp (BlackBerry native). Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 12:03 AM
    Invictus0, yes I used that link. I looked in my Downloads folder and there's nothing "WhatsApp" there. I did a search and found a WhatsApp file in Databases but perhaps that's from when I installed WhatsApp (BlackBerry native). Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure the apk is actually downloading after you click the "download now" button?

Something else you can try is

- Open your browser
    - Tap the three dots in the bottom right
    - Tap "Downloads"
    - See if WhatsApp appears in the list, if it does just tap it and it should open the installer
    01-01-18 12:10 AM
    Thread cleanup on Aisle 2018...

Mind the personal attacks and name calling. Keep it civil.
    01-01-18 09:09 AM
    Thread cleanup on Aisle 2018...

Mind the personal attacks and name calling. Keep it civil.
    Why did I get deleted? I didn't attack or get negative with anyone......
    01-01-18 09:12 AM
    Why did I get deleted? I didn't attack or get negative with anyone......
    You quoted a deleted post. Nothing on you, just standard procedure
    01-01-18 09:19 AM
    OK. I get in enough trouble on my own... wanted to make sure I didn't mess up again.. thanks for quick reply. I think I'm on Ecm's favorites list ;-) Here's looking at ya Ecm with a New Years Resolution on my part to stay outta the penalty box... Happy New Year...
    john_v likes this.
    01-01-18 09:29 AM
    Yeah, that name calling on dkonigsberg was really uncalled for.
    Maybe it was the booze talking.
    Happy New Year!! 🍻
    01-01-18 10:07 AM
    Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:
    Honstely. WhatsApp had PLENTY of options to keep the client alive on older platforms. There was no need to kill it completely. You know, something like a legacy client to keep text and image messages alive. So many options. But you chose the worst option available. KILLING WHATSAPP completely. It's like SMS would stop working just because. It's pretty lame and makes me very angry honestly. WhatsApp was so popular because it was available on ALL platforms. I guess as soon as RCS is finally ready WhatsApp will slowly die on all platforms. I know, it's not your fault personally. But didn't you discuss these options with your team?

Anyway, happy new year everybody!
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 01-01-18 at 03:32 PM.
    01-01-18 03:06 PM
    Honstely. WhatsApp had PLENTY of options to keep the client alive on older platforms. There was no need to kill it completely. You know, something like a legacy client to keep text and image messages alive. So many options. But you chose the worst option available. KILLING WHATSAPP completely. It's like SMS would stop working just because. It's pretty lame and makes me very angry honestly. WhatsApp was so popular because it was available on ALL platforms. I guess as soon as RCS is finally ready WhatsApp will slowly die on all platforms. I know, it's not your fault personally. But didn't you discuss these options with your team?

Anyway, happy new year everybody!
    I'm sure the development team did think about the ramifications but felt not their concern since from their viewpoint, BB10 users are freeloading compared to different OS users sharing their data. If you were on the development team, what effective reasons would you give the boss for continuing BB10 support?
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 01-02-18 at 08:54 AM.
    01-01-18 03:57 PM
    Android version WhatsApp works perfectly in my Z30. Quodos to the BlackBerry OS Team

Posted via CB10
    Luciano GC likes this.
    01-02-18 07:12 AM
    Android version WhatsApp works perfectly in my Z30. Quodos to the BlackBerry OS Team

Posted via CB10
    Edit:

- ignore, missed it was the Android app -
    Last edited by Invictus0; 01-02-18 at 10:34 AM.
    01-02-18 09:49 AM
    It'll only work for a few more days according to the developer. If it still works for you then you should use this time to backup chats and migrate to the Android app or a new platform.
    The poster is already using the android version
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-02-18 09:51 AM
    The poster is already using the android version
    Oops my bad, all of these posts are just blending together for me now.
    brookie229 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-02-18 10:33 AM
    Oops my bad, all of these posts are just blending together for me now.
    Stand up, step away from the phone. Look out the window and take a deep breath.....

Then find another caffeine source and dive back in....
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-02-18 12:16 PM
117 12345