Translated using google translate.
    Jakarta - From 120 thousand applications that are scattered in the BlackBerry World, approximately 85% of whom were the result of selection and verification of BlackBerry Indonesia team based in the Island of Gods, Bali.

"Actually verification center applications have long (in Indonesia), but our new announced today. But not all applications are verified in (Bali) there, "said Managing Director BlackBerry Indonesia, Maspiyono Handoyo, last night in Jakarta, Friday (19/07/2013).

"Approximately 85% of applications in the BlackBerry World (which can) verified here because there are some apps that language can not be verified by us, such as kanji language, mandarin language, it is not selected here, "he explained further.

Disclosed, there are currently about 30 employees BlackBerry in Bali are duties for select applications The. Maspiyono said the number is likely to HR plus half again next September. "They select a application is good or not. Currently there are about 120 thousand apps in the BlackBerry world, 4,000 of whom are local applications. We are supported by 1,500 local developers," he said.

Source: 85% Apps di BlackBerry World Diseleksi dari Bali
    08-12-13 03:24 PM
    It's probably the result of a bad translation job, but I can't understand what this article is saying.

Does "selected" & "verified" really mean "approved"? As in: "the team that approves most of the apps before they enter BB World is located in Bali"? Is that what it really means?

I also don't understand the "local applications" & "local devs" reference at the end. Just a random comment on how many devs who have published 3rd party apps in BB World also happen to be located in Indonesia?
    earlym likes this.
    08-12-13 04:50 PM
    I'm lost.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:51 PM
    Good, then I am still sane! Cuz I thought it was just me after the second crack at it!

Go BB!
    diegonei and Undbiter65 like this.
    08-12-13 04:55 PM
    Ok, let's try this again with a bit of Bing Translator. See what you think!

Jakarta-From 120 thousand applications in the BlackBerry World, approximately 85% of which turned out to be the result of selection and verification of Indonesia BlackBerry team is based in the island resort of Bali.

"This application is actually a verification Center has been a long time (in Indonesia), but our new announce now. But not all applications are verified in the (Bali) there, "said Managing Director BlackBerry Indonesia, Maspiyono Handoyo, last night in Jakarta, Friday (19/7/2013).

"About 85% of applications in the BlackBerry World (which can be) verified here because there are some applications that the language could not be verified by us, such as kanji, language, mandarin, it wasn't selected here," he explained further.

Disclosed, there are currently about 30 employees of the BlackBerry in Bali that his task to select the application. Maspiyono says, the number of these HUMAN RESOURCES are likely to be added by half again this coming September.

"They have a great selection of applications or not. There are currently around 120 thousand applications in the BlackBerry world, 4,000 of which are local applications. We are supported by 1,500 local developers, "he said.

I hope this is better!

Go BB!
    08-12-13 05:06 PM
    Maybe I can clarify. When a developer submits a new app or an app update to BB World it is tested and approved by BB before going live in the store. This is done by a team in Bali, not in Waterloo (generally speaking, there are a few exceptions). What the article is saying is that due to language barriers (ie no one on the Bali team can understand Kanji or Mandarin) not all apps can be approved in Bali so they are tested else where. App approvals have been done in Bali for a long time now so Im not sure if the article is indicating that there is a new team set up for other languages or if that was the way it always was and it was just an explanation of how the app approvals work.
    Last edited by Shao128; 08-13-13 at 06:28 AM.
    diegonei, Elite1 and Undbiter65 like this.
    08-12-13 05:12 PM