as for all the supposed multi-tasking

all hub actions are always on .... so messaging doesn't count as one of the 8
    playing music with the standard player, continues when you open #9
    your last opened app will end up being closed if you open 9 , but re-opening it is v quick ( Kindle , not so much though)
    also you can use the web apps for many things in the browser and all of those stay active

bbos didn;t really multitask 45 apps ... nope, that was just a list of apps switched out of that were in memory but not active

put most used apps on your first panel

you will be impressed by the real multi-tasking
    12-04-14 08:03 AM
    Why don't you just make a to do list of what you need to deal with during the day and tick that off when you finish?

Of course you need to run maps for live tracking and music for your pleasure. But how about the email, free app of the day, etc? Do we really need to keep the app open in order to remember to do it later?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:35 AM
    OP remains me exactly a year back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...frames-881196/

And here I am with my year old Z10, multi tasking happily ever after.

OP: You are covered well with BB10. Go ahead.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    12-04-14 08:47 AM
    I still don't see how you can use more than 8 apps at the same time. All those messaging and email "apps" don't need to be opened on BB10 so it doesn't count as apps! Pretty cool eh? You should really have a look at a BB10 phone, it's the only one that allows you to work so efficiently without always having to close and open apps! I guarantee you that you'll love it

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:13 AM
    Okay. The 8-app thing is a serious concern for me, but I may end up doing a 30-day trial and return it if it becomes an issue. It's a bit disappointing that BlackBerry thought it necessary to restrict a fantastic feature that made the old BlackBerrys so productivity-friendly.

Thanks for your help.
    This sounds like the best idea, try it out, if it doesn't work for you, take the phone back. Personally, the limit has never been a problem. Let us know how it works out.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:14 AM
    I'm running 5 apps in the background after Op's speel about apps running in background and my battery is still at 90%+ percentile. Love this new Leak! Stock I would be at 60 % by now with no apps running.
    12-04-14 11:10 AM
    Yah I thought they were raising the app limit... I've never noticed honestly though cause rarely do I have 5 apps open at one time (mainly thanks to the hub), I usually close them when I'm done

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    12-04-14 05:59 PM
    Well had to remove 2 active frame apps as they don't open properly when there are new notifications about them from the hub.
    12-04-14 08:43 PM
    Well had to remove 2 active frame apps as they don't open properly when there are new notifications about them from the hub.
    Huh? Sorry, I can't understand what you are trying to say. Can you clarify?
    12-04-14 08:50 PM
    Huh? Sorry, I can't understand what you are trying to say. Can you clarify?
    Sorry. Whenever I would receive notifications from the Hub , I would tap on the notification and then it would open up the App , but it stays a dark screen instead. I have to close the apps running in the active frame and then open them up separately. Get it? I guess this is a bug from the new OS leak as it didn't happen on stock OS.
    12-04-14 09:13 PM
    Sorry. Whenever I would receive notifications from the Hub , I would tap on the notification and then it would open up the App , but it stays a dark screen instead. I have to close the apps running in the active frame and then open them up separately. Get it? I guess this is a bug from the new OS leak as it didn't happen on stock OS.
    Oh okay, I guess this won't affect me since I don't plan on using any non-official OS's. Good info though.
    12-04-14 10:11 PM
    OP remains me exactly a year back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...frames-881196/

And here I am with my year old Z10, multi tasking happily ever after.

OP: You are covered well with BB10. Go ahead.
    Okay, so you were a 9700 owner too at one point. To my understanding, the pre-BB10 OS's were Java-based, while BB10 is built on C/C++. And being Java-based, the old BBOS had a very light footprint and was wicked fast. Even with our quad-core and octa-core phones today, I can't believe how insanely fast the OS was on my Bold 9700.

But with BB10, since you have transitioned from the old to the new (like many others I'm sure), how is the speed comparison? I've seen video reviews of BB10 on YouTube, so I know it's pretty fast, but for someone who went directly from a pre-BB10 phone to a BB10 phone, what were your impressions in real usage?

Also, pre-BB10 phones utilized BIS while (to my knowledge) BB10 phones do not, so there's that difference too. Emails arrived super fast on my Bold 9700; I'm guessing they arrive a bit slower on a non-BIS connection, e.g. on a BB10 device.
    12-04-14 10:30 PM
    Oh okay, I guess this won't affect me since I don't plan on using any non-official OS's. Good info though.
    Um yeah it could for You because the battery on stock Sucked. You won't last 5 hours running as many apps as You do. Trust me.
    You will be Begging us to help you download a leak.

Just look at these two YouTube video at how bb 10 multitasks and full use of the hub.

BB10 Excellent Multitasking Browsing Rendering on�:

BlackBerry Hub: BlackBerry Passport - Official Ho�:
    12-04-14 11:44 PM
    Okay, so you were a 9700 owner too at one point. To my understanding, the pre-BB10 OS's were Java-based, while BB10 is built on C/C++. And being Java-based, the old BBOS had a very light footprint and was wicked fast. Even with our quad-core and octa-core phones today, I can't believe how insanely fast the OS was on my Bold 9700.

But with BB10, since you have transitioned from the old to the new (like many others I'm sure), how is the speed comparison? I've seen video reviews of BB10 on YouTube, so I know it's pretty fast, but for someone who went directly from a pre-BB10 phone to a BB10 phone, what were your impressions in real usage?

Also, pre-BB10 phones utilized BIS while (to my knowledge) BB10 phones do not, so there's that difference too. Emails arrived super fast on my Bold 9700; I'm guessing they arrive a bit slower on a non-BIS connection, e.g. on a BB10 device.
    I was actually suffering with 9700 coz of less RAM and unable to load more apps. In my comparison, BB10 is lightning fast. Mails arrives at the instant. I am pretty sure with that as I used to send some mails to personal email account from work email account in laptop. The phone chimes immediately.

Some of my impressions:
    Some apps like Docs to Go auto recover if it closes due to 8 active frame limitation. So the data is NOT lost
    In current state, the OS is not customizable like BBOS, but one can add personal touch to some extent
    Some time apps are limitation and getting a good app involves home work BUT I have found well built third party apps for Task, Reminder, Personal Finance, Stock Monitoring, Personal diary, RSS reader, Podcast, Map & Navigation, Data tracking, Pocket client, System Monitoring, Voice recording, OCR based apps, Writing apps, More Customization Apps.........
    App gap, really?

And BB10 experience isn't complete without Hub. For me, it surpasses the advantages of all other OSes.

(The only drawback is my Z10 battery life. I am charging twice a day to keep it live)
    12-05-14 11:51 AM

Seriously? I had a Storm and a 9900 and both were slow like a snail and suffered from the "hourglass" syndrome! You had to reboot them regularly cause as soon as your open too many applications, there are memory leaks that clogs the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:54 PM
40 12