when you look at the Aristo specs and the leaked Z10/L10 specs you would realise it has almost the same specs (2GB ram was recently confirmed). The only difference is the quad core cpu (which may still end up in the Z10) and the removable battery (which no one wants). thats why im going with the Z10 at launch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    No one wants a removable battery? I would.
    01-14-13 07:22 AM
    when you look at the Aristo specs and the leaked Z10/L10 specs you would realise it has almost the same specs (2GB ram was recently confirmed). The only difference is the quad core cpu (which may still end up in the Z10) and the removable battery (which no one wants). thats why im going with the Z10 at launch

No-one wants a removable battery? Bit of a sweeping statement don't you think? I would have killed for a Nokia Lumia 920 with a removable battery (and was the reason I was willing to pass up the PureView etc for the 820, but discussions over at WPCentral found the only phone to be good for me was either the 8X/920). Of course, I will accept the general norm seems to be non-removable battery but I'm almost always taking my secondary battery for my phone. Since the device for BB10 with a removable battery is that Artisto, then it looks like I might be waiting until November for that and by then I'll be further entrenched in the MS ecosystem. But you have no idea how many of my friends use BBM, it's quite a lot actually. Would make communications easier. Depending on my income I might look at getting a cheapish unlimited data tariff for a BB10 device, to go alongside my Nokia 920. And then I can change which device I take depending on what I'm doing that day/night. Maybe BB10 for the day, N920 for the night? Could be a winner.

One slightly off-topic query though, will the BB10 devices have wireless charging?
    01-14-13 07:37 AM
    One slightly off-topic query though, will the BB10 devices have wireless charging?
    More likely not but I fail to see the point in it and it has a major drawback, say your battery is about to die, you put the phone on the charging mat. What do you do if a call comes in? Do you lean your ear on it? Because you cant pick it up and continue using it while charging "wirelessly"
    dragonx6 likes this.
    01-14-13 08:24 AM
    No-one wants a removable battery?Of course, I will accept the general norm seems to be non-removable battery but I'm almost always taking my secondary battery for my phone. Since the device for BB10 with a removable battery is that Artisto,
    I think you have it backwards. The Z10 has a removable battery, the Aristo doesn't.

BlackBerry 10 Aristo spec sheet appears, calls for Quad-Core Krait | CrackBerry.com
    01-14-13 09:40 AM
    Did he say if it was going to be 6 BB10 devices specifically, or could there be OS7 devices thrown in that number as well?
    Skeevecr likes this.
    01-14-13 09:51 AM
    Did he say if it was going to be 6 BB10 devices specifically, or could there be OS7 devices thrown in that number as well?
    Well seeing this will be the launch of BlackBerry 10, I think it's all related to the New BlackBerries coming out. Thor has not said anything about displaying old versions of BlackBerry. This is the new RIM so new means BlackBerry 10.
    01-14-13 04:37 PM
    This is the same converstation that has been going on in my head, so I am glad to see it discussed. In the end, after all the faithful waiting, I don't see myself as capable of waiting any longer. Besides, the first phones will be a big improvement on the PlayBook, which I love, so they will be awesome. Plus I want to give RIM a quick sale. All I know is I need a BB10 in my hand, Kevin needs to get his hair cut, and then things will be right with the world once more ...
    jimpilot and BB12MX like this.
    01-14-13 05:39 PM
    All I know is I need a BB10 in my hand, Kevin needs to get his hair cut, and then things will be right with the world once more ...
    Amen to that
    01-14-13 06:30 PM

This is how I roll
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    01-14-13 06:54 PM
    There are only going to be 3 devices.

3 Product Lines (ex. X10, Y10, Z10)
    1 Device Per Cellular Standard (GSM/CDMA) (ex. Z10(G) / Z10(C) ) - So essentially there will be 2 versions of the Z10.

3 x 2 = 6

Math is fun.

Seriously though, if RIM were releasing 6 totally unique devices, it would be absolute chaos...
    01-14-13 07:06 PM
    The Bold and All touch will be Canadas first openly gay celeb couple. Both big daddies will bring home the BACON!...or should I say ham and poutine eh?
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-14-13 07:18 PM

1 Device Per Cellular Standard (GSM/CDMA) (ex. Z10(G) / Z10(C) ) - So essentially there will be 2 versions of the Z10.

3 x 2 = 6

Math is fun.

Seriously though, if RIM were releasing 6 totally unique devices, it would be absolute chaos...
    Thorsten himself cleared this up. There will be 6 unique devices. There will be multiple SKUs of each to support different radios and colors. So no, the new RIM is not counting UMTS and CDMA devices as completely separate models, but just as separate SKUs.

So there will be 6 unique devices and each will have regional variants and some will have multiple color options.
    01-14-13 07:40 PM
    More likely not but I fail to see the point in it and it has a major drawback, say your battery is about to die, you put the phone on the charging mat. What do you do if a call comes in? Do you lean your ear on it? Because you cant pick it up and continue using it while charging "wirelessly"
    Wouldn't speakerphone work?
    01-17-13 04:21 PM
    I was of the impression that these first devices are midrange, with the high-end "Aristo" coming later in the year.
    If they first devices are indeed midrange, then I hope they come with midrange pricing . Say, $499 for the z10 and then $699 for the Aristo?
    01-17-13 04:23 PM

Removable battery is something that has value if they can't keep a charge under normal use for 12 hours+. That has been borderline on a lot of the 3G BB's.
    01-17-13 04:51 PM
    I think Z10 and X10 will be the opening ones, but as everything, they need to release a better / improved device later and maybe some mid devices to fullfil all the markets ... but as many mentioned before, the first ones need to be amazing but not necessarily the top devices.
    01-17-13 05:02 PM
    this is a rather iffy topic. in short though i believe that RIM will launch with the "Big Daddy Versions of the L-Series and the N-Series. the 6 devices that will be launched by the end of 2013 I believe will be the 'BBZ10','BBX10' and two variations of each with lower specs for a lower price point market. I believe this makes the most sence for RIM and for BlackBerry as a brand.

RIM is rocking out Curves left right and centre i cant even keep up with all the number variations it has LOL. its workign for them so they might as well stay with it.
    As for having a lower end varations of the L-Series is a page out of the Android book. I dont know the exact numbers but i know that Android is a HUGE market contributer and that is becasue it has so many different phones out there. they have their flagship, the Galaxy line, but for the people that want an Android but with not so many bells and wistles they have phones to help thoes people as well.

Personally what i would liek to see in the six devices is a low end and high end for QWERTY, Touch and Slider but the truth is that a Slider version BB with the BB10 OS is very very slim in the game, as much as i would love it.
    01-17-13 06:13 PM
    It depends what you want, OP. I was originally of your mind on this as well but it appears that the super high spec phone is also going to bring a super high size if you believe the leaks. I don't want a 5" phone, so the z10 launch phone will end up being the only 2013 model I'd actually want.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-19-13 06:55 AM
    While we are speculating on the 6 phones, it makes sense for me to think they are Z10, X10, touch curve, keys curve, Porsche with keys, and a slider.

I think the Z10 and X10 will need updating for the newest chipset and probably also for the ac Gigawifi standard as Apple is apparently going to make a big splash about that shortly. Not sure RIM has the resources to upgrade the phones annually so I'm not thinking these will be upgraded in time for Q4, though if the launch delay was software rather than hardware then they may be more advanced with the hardware upgrade.
    01-20-13 03:13 AM
    That is actually a really good point, even the cheapest bb10 models out this year probably won't be down to the price of that 9320 so maybe there will be a new one of those in that six too, we just can't tell at this point what is in that 6 other than the first two and at least one cheaper model.
    01-20-13 08:02 AM

3 x 2 = 6

Math is fun.

The implication behind this idea is that they will not be releasing any new devices after this summer when the cheap ones come out, so it seems very unlikely that it is purely radio variants, especially since those would tend to add up as a minimum of 3 for the l-series with hspa, cdma/lte and gsm/lte if not four with two of the latter.
    01-20-13 08:07 AM
    While we are speculating on the 6 phones, it makes sense for me to think they are Z10, X10, touch curve, keys curve, Porsche with keys, and a slider.

I think the Z10 and X10 will need updating for the newest chipset and probably also for the ac Gigawifi standard as Apple is apparently going to make a big splash about that shortly. Not sure RIM has the resources to upgrade the phones annually so I'm not thinking these will be upgraded in time for Q4, though if the launch delay was software rather than hardware then they may be more advanced with the hardware upgrade.
    I don't think we will see upgrades to both the Z10 and X10 before the end of the year, the latter is less likely to be as seasonal a purchase and has less room for screensize changes so it is unlikely to have an upgrade rushed through, unlike the Z10 where they could easily bring out a 5" model in time for Xmas that would complement rather than immediately replace the Z10 at that time.

I also doubt that we will see a porsche design or similar for a while, this year will be about establishing bb10 and each device will be there to carve out its own significant market and not take sales from another model so I also think a slider is unlikely since it would mostly just be taking a few sales from each of the z10 and the x10 rather than developing a whole new audience, but we shall see by this time next year what actually turned up.
    01-20-13 08:14 AM
    Z10 will sell the most. It's the first to market so it will see the first rush in sales. Seriously how many people are going to be able to wait for the next device to launch? Aristo may be coming but when it launches the Z10 will thanks to economies of scale become the defacto low cost device. It will continue to sell as it re-launches with huge carrier discounts.
    01-20-13 09:10 AM
    I also doubt that we will see a porsche design or similar for a while
    The RIM chap who kindly showed me his Z10 mentioned he also had a Porsche one with keys with him (which he didn't show me) which makes me think the Porsche one isn't too far behind the X10. Doesn't bother me as I can't see the point of Porsche ones.
    01-20-13 11:34 AM

Nobody wants a removable battery? BB fans LIVE for their removable battery! LOL on another note...I do believe BB will launch the High end phones first...This comeback has been long overdue...and we are all waiting near heart-attack status at this point, LOL. Cant WAIT for the x10 to drop...Give me my Keyboard!! *Grins*
    01-20-13 11:52 AM
54 123