I recently saw that Frank Boulben stated that we should expect 6 Blackberry devices to be dropped in 2013. I'm pretty much fighting a heart attack everyday; looking at the countdown and realizing I'm one day closer to having my hands on an LSeries. Now I know the QWERTY device will follow the LSeries as soon as a week, or as late as a couple months; but I had a concern. I don't know if I'm the only one in this boat, but I really enjoy having the newest, and flagship (big boy) model of a phone when they are released. Will the LSeries be somewhat like the BOLD in the sense that it's usually the heaviest duty/premium line Blackberry that comes out? Will we have to wait til Q3/Q4 for the real show stoppers to come out? I've heard stuff about the Aristo, but not enough to know if it's something that will really be available for purchase. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any qualified insight as to what RIMs plans are with dropping new hardware in 2013? I know what makes sense business wise, but I almost feel it isn't fair to the BB loyalist who have stuck it out for 2 years to have to wait til the 2nd half of the year for the real High End device. As bad as I would want to, it wouldnt make financial sense for me to purchase and LSeries in February, and then have to shell out more big bucks again in December(?) for the premium phone. (Before the smart alec comments come pouring in- I know no one is holding a gun to my head and demanding purchase anything).

Hope all is well with you on this good Suday... Go PATRIOTS!
    Pilchard and westiewanderer like this.
    01-13-13 02:08 PM
    Im pretty sure the first device will be the best, the top notch device.
    Why would they show a worst device first, everybody would bash them !
    01-13-13 02:24 PM
    I have had the same discussion with myself. The Aristo is rumored to have higher specs but other than one leak seems to be a ghost device.

I decided to go with the L-series now because I know I won't be able to wait that long anyway.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    01-13-13 02:25 PM
    im guessing the z10/x10 are going to be the high end of their category. The aristo will be classified as phablet or "superphone/ulta high end" status
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-13-13 02:29 PM
    Aristo fo' sho'
    01-13-13 02:33 PM
    In any business, the top products are always available first. Just look at the automobile world, the new "Cadillac Something" is built on a new platform, and then the "Chevy something else" is launched is built on the new Cadillac platform. So people are convinced that the Chevy is a better product because of that. Now try the same exercise upside down.... The new Cadillac is built on the Chevy platform. Not the same thing right.....
    01-13-13 02:40 PM
    Aristo fo' sho'
    But when? Such a phone is inevitable, but you'll never have a phone if you wait for the next big upgrade that's coming.
    01-13-13 02:52 PM
    Just so you know, Frank Boulben said 6 devices or more.
    I'm thinking there will be 8 in the end if things go well.
    High/mid/low end touch and QWERTY.
    If that goes well, the Aristo and maybe a Slider will be released.
    01-13-13 02:57 PM
    Well I wouldn't worry too much. I think last series will be the main touch screen and not series the main qwerty model. Lower end models after that except for the aristo. I believe aristo is going to be a phablet to compete with the note. Phablet aren't for everyone and it should be coming out near the end of the year so I don't think it would change a lot of people's decision on the lseries.

Of course I could be very wromg since nothing really is confirmed.
    Patrick Mcd likes this.
    01-13-13 06:35 PM
    In any business, the top products are always available first. Just look at the automobile world, the new "Cadillac Something" is built on a new platform, and then the "Chevy something else" is launched is built on the new Cadillac platform. So people are convinced that the Chevy is a better product because of that. Now try the same exercise upside down.... The new Cadillac is built on the Chevy platform. Not the same thing right.....
    I do believe the hybrid caddy(ELR) coming out is based off the Chevy Volt...
    Last edited by blkitr; 01-13-13 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added info..
    01-13-13 07:03 PM
    Im pretty sure the first device will be the best, the top notch device.
    Why would they show a worst device first, everybody would bash them !
    I think it might be why the launch was delayed. They didn't want to launch a mid range phone first.

Either way, I'm nit waiting past Feb for a new phone.
    01-13-13 07:13 PM
    I suspect the Z10 will be their flagship. If they want BlackBerry 10 to succeed, launching their absolute greatest device off the bat is a good starting point. Then anyone who thinks "I wish it were cheaper" or "I want a bloody massive phone phablet" can opt for one of the other devices later this year, while early adopters (who, as we all well know, are willing to pay a whole lot for the phone) will be able to show off BB10 in its absolute best form to everyone.

Whatever the plans are, I know I'll be trying to get my hands on BB10 as soon as possible, so it's a Z10 for me!
    01-13-13 07:36 PM
    The Z10 and X10 will definitely be the "Big Daddy Devices" of their formats,

BUT I can see the possibility of the NEXT generation coming sooner than Feb 2014 and closer to November/December 2013. The reason for this is the availability of newer chips. The Snapdragon processor rumored to be in the Z10 is a high-end, chip, but it's been on the market for a while now. This slight delay in release was a SOFTWARE precaution on Thor's part, even though manufacturing was already locked down.

A late 2013 launch could bring RIM's annual release schedule in line with release schedules for new chipsets.
    01-13-13 08:25 PM
    I agree with most of the comments. The first two will be the flag ship devices, the other four will probably be entry level curves.
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-13-13 08:44 PM
    I sure hope the best aren't coming first, considering the specs and all. I mean the ones that are coming out are nice, but most top end phones surpass that by year's. a few ex's are the Galaxy Note 2, HTC Droid DNA, & so on...
    I fear if these first devices are the best they'll pull for the year, and then only make lower end devices from there on out... how will they even stay relevant against the competition for this year?
    01-13-13 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the good feedback. It's good to know that you're not the only one with certain concerns. A guy I work with got a new SGXX and I've been so jealous watching him play with it. He and I are pretty good work friends so he always shares the new things he finds with me. It burns me inside. I cant wait to do the same thing to him.
    01-13-13 10:25 PM
    Look at the original evo. It is still a good phone. Put the name evo on the map.

I'm hoping rim drops the best 1st and then waits another 2 years for my contract upgrade to be eligible again before they announce another stellar device.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-13-13 11:22 PM
    Live for today..Tomorrow Isn't promised...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-13-13 11:29 PM
    I was of the impression that these first devices are midrange, with the high-end "Aristo" coming later in the year.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-13-13 11:34 PM
    Are there going to be 6 different models, or two different models with 3 variants each? e.g. Z10 for three different markets/carriers and a X10 for three different Markets/carriers.
    01-13-13 11:47 PM
    Are there going to be 6 different models, or two different models with 3 variants each? e.g. Z10 for three different markets/carriers and a X10 for three different Markets/carriers.
    No, 3 different spec-levels, with keyboard and full-touch models in each.
    01-13-13 11:55 PM
  22. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    I am thinking new hardware will be launched in the fall in time for holiday season. That is when we will see the true Big Daddy devices. The London should have been launched months ago. I will for sure pick one up in February and then hope for somethings truly awesome in the fall.
    01-14-13 12:07 AM
    If OP is talking about a Porsche kind high end phone, I don't agree....you could see a high end device in Q3/Q4. How could you expect RIM to launch $2k device before any $600-$700 device? It could launch the two devices simultaneously. But definitely no Ultra premium/high end phone before Z10/X10.
    01-14-13 01:17 AM
    I'd say it would make sense for the aristo to land sept-nov - but this device is not in the same 'category' as the Ls, it is a phablet.
    If you always waited for the next big thing in tech you'd still be using a zach morris cell phone and a commodore 64
    01-14-13 05:09 AM
    when you look at the Aristo specs and the leaked Z10/L10 specs you would realise it has almost the same specs (2GB ram was recently confirmed). The only difference is the quad core cpu (which may still end up in the Z10) and the removable battery (which no one wants). thats why im going with the Z10 at launch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    01-14-13 06:08 AM
54 123