Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Once someone calls me and I am on 4G / LTE ( Vodafone Germany) it sends them directly to my mailbox without letting me know or even decide on taking that call.

Is that a known LTE Problem or is it Vodafone Germany?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 09:07 AM
    Has happened to me a few times in the U.S. But not enough to raise a complaint. Has happened with every Verizion phone i've owned. ---- Mainly in areas with limited 3g/4g.
    06-17-13 11:16 AM
    LTE does not currently carry voice calls... doesn't have anything to do with your problem, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:15 PM
    Happens to me too..with android phone as well. People would be like why didnt you call me back? I would never see a missed call or anything. And the thing is, the phone actually rings on their end, as opposed to going directly to voicemail.
    06-17-13 08:04 PM
    Hello.

Vodafone Germany User here too (Lower Saxony, Hannover). The Current LTE Mobile Variant is not able to handle calls: It's simply not built in. It's for handling Data only.

Developer/Engineers working on the next LTE Software Update. A dozen of Carriers worldwide have already closed test networks. But no one really knows when they killed all the Problems. Last time I checked into this Issue is 3 or 4 Months ago.

Edit2: Here is a Link to the Sony Ericsson Blog from February 2013 with some good explanations what is needed for LTE Calls in the future:
    http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013...ver-lte-video/

Look for the last Part of the Blog "Challenges of Implementing VoLTE"

Posted via CB10ng Sa
    Last edited by MeerMusik; 06-17-13 at 10:38 PM.
    06-17-13 09:18 PM
    But then how can carrier advertise it as the one and only future of telecommunication - or do they really think that we don't need to make calls anymore?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 04:53 AM
    But then how can carrier advertise it as the one and only future of telecommunication - or do they really think that we don't need to make calls anymore?
    Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the Real World and the Power of Marketing Lies

Sorry but I am too lazy to rephrase everything I have said about this in the last year's - no offense.

From Day 1 it was clear that LTE will not Support Calls for a long time. Maybe never. It was meant to be the next Data Transportation Standard and not more.

Thanks to the German Lab who made a Breakthrough with VoLTE [and many Engineers from around the World], we will be able to make calls over LTE in the near future if everything goes well. Of Course we need new Devices with standardized integrated Chips but yeah its already possible with some Phones on the Market right now.

For now you need two identical Devices from the same Manufacturer. LTE in its current State is nowhere near to the real 4G.

Real 4G supports -when fully enabled and the carrier has the specific Hardware installed- and the User is i.e. sitting right to the Antenna 1000MBit/Second or 1 GBit/Second on Download Stream (Per User! And not only per Antenna/Node). The existing LTE Worldwide should be called 3.5G.

The Way Calls on LTE will/should work right now where it's Software enabled Carrier Side: Normally if you receive a call, the Phone should switch from 4G/LTE back to 3G automatically and you should take the call. Well normally: In most cases it took just too long for whatever reason and the Device receives a Time Out Error from the Carrier IT (simply said).

This depends on the Software Variants the Carrier use (if it's used!), the Quality of Chip and Antenna the User Device is using, how good your network connection+coverage is and some other things.

Rest is Marketing. Sorry for the Chaos in the Text the CB App shows some probs on the OS 10.2 Alpha

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MeerMusik; 06-18-13 at 10:12 AM.
    06-18-13 09:58 AM