Is there any BlackBerry smartphone in the market now that supports 4.5G mobile Internet ‎connection ?

3G BlackBerry smartphones already seem to support 3.5G.‎
    02-07-16 09:10 AM
    What's 4.5G? Carrier Aggregation?
    02-07-16 11:14 AM
    Unfortunately, carriers have taken to define 4G, 3G, 3.5G... etc. as they please.

What other carriers were calling 3G/3.5G around the world, was being called 4G by AT&t a few years ago.

Which carrier/country are you using?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-07-16 11:24 AM
    4G don't even exist, much less 4.5 G

Some carriers name LTE Advanced as 4.5G since they wrongfully named LTE/HSPA 4G

The BlackBerry PRIV wasarket as a LTE Advance device by Bell last year, never followed that conversation so I'm not sure if that was all or just a special model

BlackBerry Passport should also support LTE Advanced

But please, just because some ignorant PR people from some carriers use 4/4.5G does not make it right. It is ITU who has defined the standards used for mobile communications, and they has said 4G is 'undefined ' - does not exist

So call it what it is

HSPA/HSPA+,LTE/LTE+ are all comparable technologies based on 3gpp ( so is LTE Advanced), and carriers use different Naming o. Same service. For HSPA+ some use 'H+' and some use 4G

ITU has said the 'next ' technology which might get a new name would be LTE Advanced, but, that technically also builds on 3gpp ,.. 4G dont exist!
    QNXBB10 likes this.
    02-07-16 01:30 PM
    Is there any BlackBerry smartphone in the market now that supports 4.5G mobile Internet ‎connection ?

3G BlackBerry smartphones already seem to support 3.5G.‎
    Hello. Are you from Turkey? I have a Q10 and yes it supports it.

Posted via Q10
    02-07-16 03:39 PM
    Hello. Are you from Turkey? I have a Q10 and yes it supports it.
    No, he's from India. Which is why I'm asking you guys to tell us in non-marketing jargon what your carriers are calling 4.5G, so that we can tell you whether or not any phone can get the speeds you guys are asking about!
    02-07-16 04:05 PM
    No, he's from India. Which is why I'm asking you guys to tell us in non-marketing jargon what your carriers are calling 4.5G, so that we can tell you whether or not any phone can get the speeds you guys are asking about!
    I believe it's originally LTE, but I'm not sure really.

Posted via Q10
    02-07-16 04:20 PM
    I believe it's originally LTE, but I'm not sure really.
    Yes, it has to be, but what is it, exactly? LTE, in India is referred to 4G. So is 4.5G:

-Carrier aggregation?
    -Wider channel networks than what are currently present (so for example, 15x15, 20x20 when 5x5, 10x10 are common?)
    -FD-LTE, as opposed to the more common TD-LTE?
    -An LTE network that is faster? Better penetrating? Wider reaching?

That's the problem with gimmicky, marketing terms--there's no standardization, just the need to sound unique. For instance, here in the US, a 700 MHz LTE network is referred to as 'LTE' by one carrier, 'Extended range LTE' by another. 1700 MHz in 15x15/20x20 deployments is referred to as wideband LTE by one and XLTE by another, whereas 5x5 and 10x10 are referred to as just 'LTE.'
    02-07-16 05:29 PM

So call it what it is

HSPA/HSPA+,LTE/LTE+ are all comparable technologies based on 3gpp ( so is LTE Advanced), and carriers use different Naming o. Same service. For HSPA+ some use 'H+' and some use 4G

I'm all for that. Unfortunately the marketing use of the terms has diverged from the protocol designation so far that you pretty much have to tell people if you are speaking in terms of protocol or marketing.

For example HSPA is an amalgamation of HSDPA and HSUPA which are enhancements of WCDMA (one type of 3G UTMS) using modified operating software that optimised the cell for data transmission instead of voice. HSPA+ is a further enhancement that doubles the top speed over HSPA. WCDMA was designed primarily with circuit switch bearer channels in mind, which is better for voice traffic (phone calls). HSPA let's the cell support packet switching better, which provides improved performance for data connections.

LTE and LTE advanced use OFDM OFDMA and SC-FDM. These techniques allow a number of sophisticated transmission and reception techniques (e.g MIMO) that let devices use higher power (and get higher bandwidth, or greater range) without noise degrading cell performance, which is what happens with standard WCDMA cells when you try to push high data rates through them. So I'm not sure in what way HSPA is comparable to LTE. LTE, for example is a pure packet switched technology, one of the reasons it performs so well at high data rates. But it does not support circuit switching, so if the carrier has not deployed packet switched voice calling support in their network the phones have to be switched to a UTMS cell to make or receive a phone call.

Of course all this confusion plays into provider and manufacturers hands in that they can make all kinds of claims of how much better their network or equipment is by essentially talking gibberish.

What am I getting at with all this? As others have said you can't just talk about 4G, HSPA, HSPA+ or God forbid 4.5G without also indicating the carrier so that it can be translated into the actual underlying technology and some sense made of it. You also can't really compare signal strength or connection reliability of WCDMA, HSUPM, HSDPA and LTE because the technologies, power budgeting, handset capability and cell density can all be very different for each technology, carrier and handset.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    DaDaDogg, Troy Tiscareno and raino like this.
    02-07-16 06:20 PM
    Yes, it has to be, but what is it, exactly? LTE, in India is referred to 4G. So is 4.5G:

-Carrier aggregation?
    -Wider channel networks than what are currently present (so for example, 15x15, 20x20 when 5x5, 10x10 are common?)
    -FD-LTE, as opposed to the more common TD-LTE?
    -An LTE network that is faster? Better penetrating? Wider reaching?

That's the problem with gimmicky, marketing terms--there's no standardization, just the need to sound unique. For instance, here in the US, a 700 MHz LTE network is referred to as 'LTE' by one carrier, 'Extended range LTE' by another. 1700 MHz in 15x15/20x20 deployments is referred to as wideband LTE by one and XLTE by another, whereas 5x5 and 10x10 are referred to as just 'LTE.'
    I really don't know, because 4.5G is new in my country and will launch in April.
    02-07-16 06:50 PM
    I don't think any BB10 phones support Carrier aggregation.

Drafted on my Q10
    04-23-16 01:20 PM
    I don't think any BB10 phones support Carrier aggregation.
    The AT&T Passport may: https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/vi...?modelid=28153

Not sure about the band 29 schemes listed though. AFAIK, no BB10 phone has LTE band 29.
    04-23-16 01:33 PM
    Don't know much technically, but thought I could share a few screenshots for what they're worth ;
    (Carrier : Orange CI, who proudly claims to be the only one in the country to spread 4G...) :

4.5G-1.png
    4.5G-2.png
    4.5G-3.png
    4.5G-4.png

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2836
    04-23-16 01:43 PM
    (Carrier : Orange CI, who proudly claims to be the only one in the country to spread 4G...) :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	374 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	397976
    Thank you for sharing. What's CI? That looks like French, but I can't tell which country you're talking about.

I'm guessing you aren't getting 4G, though, that your screen shows 3G?
    10_z_no gimmick likes this.
    04-23-16 02:58 PM
    Thank you for sharing. What's CI? That looks like French, but I can't tell which country you're talking about.

I'm guessing you aren't getting 4G, though, that your screen shows 3G?
    Ivory Coast?
    raino and 10_z_no gimmick like this.
    04-23-16 03:03 PM
    05-29-16 05:16 AM
    Hi raino,
    your guess is right CI stands for "Ivory Coast" in french. Orange actually has some kind of basic 4G but in some places only such as downtown spots, main airport & other spots in some high standards residential areas. Then you need to switch your sim card for a compatible one (micro sim, "usim") which I did, and pay an extra internet "pass" (or an old data BIS for blackberry 10s as their wifi do not support those devices yet) - However you'll only get 4G where available which is irrelevant, that's why I'd rather stay with my home network and do without an internet connection when I'm outside, unless I can grab wifi somewhere for some 15 minutes... lol!
    05-29-16 05:42 AM
    4G don't even exist, much less 4.5 G

Some carriers name LTE Advanced as 4.5G since they wrongfully named LTE/HSPA 4G

The BlackBerry PRIV wasarket as a LTE Advance device by Bell last year, never followed that conversation so I'm not sure if that was all or just a special model

BlackBerry Passport should also support LTE Advanced

But please, just because some ignorant PR people from some carriers use 4/4.5G does not make it right. It is ITU who has defined the standards used for mobile communications, and they has said 4G is 'undefined ' - does not exist

So call it what it is

ITU has said the 'next ' technology which might get a new name would be LTE Advanced, but, that technically also builds on 3gpp ,.. 4G dont exist!
    Thank you!! Everyone read this all over again.
    05-29-16 05:48 AM
    I thought south Korea start 5G technology?
    05-29-16 05:52 AM