I keep hearing that there is going to be an update to fix the 30 days back sync on the Z10 for regular email such as Hotmail.
    The worst thing bb could have ever done is limited back sync on email, if I need to check an email more than 30 days old I have to log I into my Hotmail account to do so thru the Web browser, not very clean or a productive way of getting old email.

BlackBerry if your listening, PLEASE CHANGE EMAIL BACK SYNC TO LIMITLESS

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:37 AM
    Lame and useless thread!

BlackBerry are already aware and you know it already.

There will be an update soon

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:07 AM
    Your comments are lame and useless, I am looking for solid answers not stupid replies. I have seen nothing official from BlackBerry that's why I'm asking.

I keep hearing that there is going to be an update to fix the 30 days back sync on the Z10 for regular email such as Hotmail.
    The worst thing bb could have ever done is limited back sync on email, if I need to check an email more than 30 days old I have to log I into my Hotmail account to do so thru the Web browser, not very clean or a productive way of getting old email.

BlackBerry if your listening, PLEASE CHANGE EMAIL BACK SYNC TO LIMITLESS

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:11 AM
    Many threads about OS 10.1

Learn to search and read before posting what has already been answered.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:20 AM
    Many threads about OS 10.1

Learn to search and read before posting what has already been answered.

Posted via CB10
    Again with the lame and useless reply. If you have some information on this why not share it instead making useless comments
    blackknife likes this.
    04-11-13 07:27 AM
    I think they should bring back "delete on handheld" option. Can bring back limitless email.. I believe email is limited to 30days to assist with the amount of emails in the inbox since they removed "delete on handheld" one cannot delete an email off the handheld without deleting the original on the server..
    blackknife likes this.
    04-11-13 07:42 AM
    I think restricting it to 30 days helps on battery and data use. I don't know about you, but how often do you really check emails over 30 days ON THE GO?

I certainly don't, and if I do, I'm in the office, or near my computer, or tablet, etc.

PS: I think 'delete on handheld' is not worth it now. Its not like BlackBerry only holds X amount of emails, thus deleting an email would help your volume of email...
    04-11-13 07:45 AM
    I don't mind 30 days of email, we still can use the remote search. I need delete on handheld more, sometimes we need to keep it on server, for privacy.
    King_Cliff likes this.
    04-11-13 08:44 AM
    Wait, hold the phone. Are you saying even with only 30 days of email on the device, if I perform a search it will STILL look on the server for older emails?

I want to make sure what you're saying here, and thus confirm it for all other members

I don't mind 30 days of email, we still can use the remote search. I need delete on handheld more, sometimes we need to keep it on server, for privacy.
    04-11-13 08:50 AM
    Wait, hold the phone. Are you saying even with only 30 days of email on the device, if I perform a search it will STILL look on the server for older emails?

I want to make sure what you're saying here, and thus confirm it for all other members
    You cannot search for email on the device more than 30 days. I have tried everything, the only way to get access to any email more than 30 days old is to log into Hotmail for example through the Web browser
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-11-13 10:21 AM
    This is what I have been saying for the longest time !!! I really hope they bring "delete on handheld" back. It sucks having to go and spend time filing things away.
    04-11-13 12:37 PM
    Remote search is only for Enterprise users. I have this option but only for my work email account, not my personal ones.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:53 PM
    It appears you also get the option of Remote Search for Active Sync accounts, such as Exchange mailboxes, that are not BES10 managed but it doesn't search back further than 30 days. Hard to understand why the feature is there if it doesn't improve matters but that seems to be a common oddity in BB10. Maybe it's just broken.

Right now only BES10 managed Active Sync mailboxes (Work accounts) can be remotely searched back further than 30 days.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:07 PM

Hi, sorry, my mistake. It's only for my Work account. I tried with hotmail with no success
    04-18-13 12:07 AM
    From another post in reference to 10.1 update :

"Michael Clewley: ActiveSync will be forever, IMAP 90 days. POP and IMAP will get forever in a summer update"

Haven't been able to verify this anywhere. But still disappointing even if true. I'm a POP 3 email user, and there is no way I'm moving to a device that only holds 30 days worth of emails. Remote search doesn't do it for me as *gasp* internet connectivity is NOT always available.

First I have to wait for Outlook sync (still with no promise date). Then I find out that the Remember app doesn't sync to Evernote worth a dang (tags missing, no formatting beyond basic text, etc.). Now I find out I also have to wait to be able to keep my email where I want it - at my fingertips at all times.

I guess it's a good thing Blackberry kept all the news of all these "minor missing features we had before" under wraps. If I'd known in January I'd be waiting until at least the summer to get the full feature set I need I'd probably be gone now. But it's soooo close! At least, I hope so. And in any case, it's like the "death by a thousand cuts".

- R.
    04-23-13 02:09 PM
    I was trying to figure out why my BB is only keeping about 2 weeks worth of work emails. I have to log all my work emails (maintenance requests) to a spread sheet, and with the holidays I let it go thinking I'd do two weeks at once, but I'm missing a bunch of emails. As of today 12/29 my oldest email is from 12/24 and I haven't deleted anything. I could live with 30 days worth, but I have no idea why it's deleting my emails so soon, and it seems that they are not found on our server once the Q10 deletes them. I have looked for any kind of setting to keep emails, but none found.
    12-29-14 06:36 PM
    I was trying to figure out why my BB is only keeping about 2 weeks worth of work emails. I have to log all my work emails (maintenance requests) to a spread sheet, and with the holidays I let it go thinking I'd do two weeks at once, but I'm missing a bunch of emails. As of today 12/29 my oldest email is from 12/24 and I haven't deleted anything. I could live with 30 days worth, but I have no idea why it's deleting my emails so soon, and it seems that they are not found on our server once the Q10 deletes them. I have looked for any kind of setting to keep emails, but none found.
    have you checked in Q 10 threads for that particular problem??
    12-29-14 06:44 PM
    Things have changed since this older thread was active. You now have solid options.

For an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com), you can adjust the sync period for an active account. From the home page, swipe down from the top and go to Settings > Accounts and choose the email account. On the "Edit Account" page, tap "Advanced" on the bottom bar. Scroll to the very bottom and Select the "Sync Timeframe you want (i.e., "Forever" to sync all messages).

For an IMAP account (such as Gmail):
    On OS 10.2.1, you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.
    On OS 10.3.x, you can now change the email synced to your device. Go to Settings > Accounts. Scroll down and select from the drop-down "Sync Timeframe".

Note that if you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.
    BSar and blackknife like this.
    12-29-14 06:46 PM
    it's a work pop account, I don't think it's an enterprise server either. We use Network Solutions for our email accounts. I do have it set up to delete from handheld only. I also found that the emails are still on my work PC, but not on the network solutions web email. I'm waiting for 10.3 to be official for my q10. I don't have the nerve to use an auto loader. As far as trying to get help for this issue, this post is what I found when I searched

I think I may have figured some of this out. I found that when I set up my email after getting the Q10, it set it up automatically and used the Network Solutions website servers instead of our own work servers (how it was set up on al my old phones). To me it still doesn't really explain (or I don't understand) why it was only holding about a weeks worth of emails and apparently deleting them after that. I guess it does explain why the emails were gone on the webmail site as well as the phone. I deleted that account, and set it up manually as a pop3 account. So far so good, but is there any way I can add a folder to the account so I can file emails instead of deleting them? There doesn't seem to be an option for me to do this.

Well, even after setting up my email as a POP3 account, it seems I'm still only holding a few days emails on my Q10. I have no idea what to do now. I may have to get rid of this phone, and that is the LAST thing I want to do
    Last edited by blackknife; 01-06-15 at 03:24 PM.
    12-30-14 03:28 PM