Right now as long as it has everything my current Blackberry does with native apps, Facebook and Twitter, then I'm good to go and everything else is gravy. Needs to have a great mapping app, but I don't require that it be Google, just one that has directions, POI's, and integrated searching. I'd like for it to have Skype and Netflix (i'll turn back on my Netflix account if they support it), but they too are not show stoppers. I'm using a BlackBerry now because it meets my requirements best of any platform available, it isn't because of brand loyalty or fanboyism.
    12-07-12 01:35 PM
    Evernote, Wunderlist, and Google maps. (and for a little fun, Words with Friends)
    12-07-12 02:09 PM
    There aren't any apps that are so important to me that they would keep me from tossing my current 9780. Things like Whatsapp and skype would be greatly appreciated, but even if they weren't available i'd still upgrade my phone.

Im actually 100% confident that whatsapp will be on BB10, and while i dont expect ot see skype at launch i think it'll be there by this time next year. I havent used instagram, and i dont even upload pictures to facebook, but i'd still like it to be there. To be honest though i'd like instagram more for the filters and less for the social aspect of it (im failry anti-social). But if BB10 has native filters built in, it's all the more reason i wont care about instagram.

As a few have already said, my BB is used primarily for communication (messaging) and consumption (twitter/fb). With the new Hub and improved browser, i'll have everything i need on the phone.
    12-07-12 02:20 PM
    Instagram.
    Ubersocial (I read somewhere that they said they don't have any intentions on making an app anytime soon for it)
    & Skype/Oovoo.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-07-12 07:14 PM
    I need Skype. Tired of always carrying my laptop with me ...
    12-07-12 09:42 PM
    What are the three most important apps that might effect your decision about moving on to BB10?
    I think you meant to say affect (verb) not effect (noun).
    PhillipStreet likes this.
    12-07-12 10:19 PM
    More petitions to support!!! If you see fit. . .
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and of course. . .
    Pandora�: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    12-07-12 10:38 PM
    I'm using Line on my Blackberry right now, why wouldn't they make it for BB10?
    12-08-12 03:47 PM
    Fiximo tools
    Netflix
    A good password app
    12-08-12 04:43 PM
    TuneIn Radio (Use it pretty much 5 days a week)
    Facebook (this is a given anyway)
    Twitter (another given)
    GoogleMaps (though if there was another map that matched or was better then so be it)
    And a good photo editor... Not instagram... I don't use it on my iPod, don't really see all the hype about it to be honest.
    Netflix??? They need to get their **** together and make a sensible offering for those in Canada... Or better yet the CRTC need to get their heads out of their asses and let them operate the same as in the US.
    Skype??? Not a necessary thing... I use it on my computer only. I don't have a use for it while on the go.
    DocsToGo I am sure will definitely be on there... Cannot see them throwing that out.
    As for WhatsApp... Never used it... I text people who are not on BBM...
    Honestly, the apps that I will need will be there so I have no worries that something I want will not be available.
    Last edited by meganVee; 12-08-12 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Add Info
    CCR601 likes this.
    12-08-12 05:56 PM
    instagram/pixlr express
    skype/viber/whatsapp
    some useful and funny apps like flipboard.
    i think i want many apps with new bb10
    12-08-12 06:30 PM
    dont see Pandora as such a big deal as apollo on PlayBook is a great app that uses your pandora account. After i found this little gem i deleted my Android converted pandora app and just use Apollo. Its nicer looking than Pandora imo. Google maps also not a big deal as there are already umptenn gmap apps on PlayBook and I imagine they will work much much better with the assistance of cellular radio.Whats app I dont use and with BBM getting a super upgrade with BlackBerry10 I probably wont use whatsapp anytime soon either.

I honestly am buying a BlackBerry10 phone for the ui and ux. Any apps that come will be a plus but i cant say i wont buy a phone if it doesnt have X app at launch. There is way more going for BlackBerry10 than apps,It looks amazing and a pure joy to use. Im also confident that the launch will have top apps ready to go. They have had plenty of time round them up!
    meganVee and ctuffy like this.
    12-08-12 06:33 PM
    Seems Skype is a popular sticking point. I can't see it ever being allowed in Blackberry.
    12-08-12 07:41 PM
    Whatsapp is for communication just like BBM its not just another app. Its more useful because more people are on it and if its not out when BB10 is released I might not have with whom to chat.

On Skype I don't have an opinion since I don't use it. But any entertainment app like netflix or games besides for music/radio I see it as not a necessity since its not for communication.
    12-08-12 08:14 PM
    There's nothing really that would make me not get BB10. As long as it has most of the apps I have on my PlayBook and some new fresh apps, I'd be pleased. One thing I would like though is a better Office suite, or at least the capability to edit documents using Skydrive Web Apps in the browser. The browser is what I look forward to, many apps are not needed when you can access the desktop browser page fluidly and quickly (ie bank apps, sports, social media, etc).

*If Skype is not present, which I think it may be simply because the people at RIM know how much we want it, I'll have no problem using faceflow.
    12-08-12 09:36 PM
    Well sorry for everyone that wants pandora, they said they will not be developing for bb10. So unless there's a 3rd party solution, you won't get it.
    12-08-12 10:06 PM
    I just went through my Bold and the top 3 most used apps would be
    1. Facebook (already supposedly available!)
    2. FMyLife (not glued to the app itself as it's not the best anyways... could use the browser!)
    3. News App (should be available as it's a native)

Other than that, I actually don't use many apps and the ones that I use, I think I can live without or wait until they're available!

I obviously need DocsToGo, a file manager, calendar, native Email, native texting, music player and the three apps or their equivalent I want on BB10 are "Where's My Bus", "Call Blocker", TimePlay.
    12-08-12 10:35 PM
    pandora
    google maps
    the two most important features in smart phones
    12-09-12 12:04 AM
    How old are some of these people?
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    12-09-12 12:44 AM
    There is no apps that would stop me from buying the bb10 eh, but if I had to choose it would be. Marriott, open table and Starbuck?? Lol
    12-09-12 01:25 AM
    How old are some of these people?
    What are you saying?
    12-09-12 01:32 AM
    As long as I get fully functional apps for Twitter, Facebook and Skype, I'm in.
    12-09-12 02:29 PM
    Instagram
    Turtles, huh?
    and -
    USAA mobile that doesn't freeze up like it does on Android. -_-

I would have said WhatsApp but since I've intrigued my best friend, girlfriend and parents with BB10 they now say they plan on snagging one come launch day BBM will suffice
    12-09-12 10:40 PM
    1. Full google maps with nav
    2. Whatsapp
    3. Instagram
    12-11-12 11:54 AM
    1) Rdio - I love this service on my Bold 9900 and would want to continue to use it with BB10
    2) Evernote - I would think that this one should be there, considering it's available for the Playbook. It's a great service and I'd need it on my phone.
    3) Netflix - This one's hardly a surprise, but it would be nice to have access to another service that I already paid for. Not so much of a deal to me compared to Rdio or Evernote though
    12-11-12 02:20 PM
132 1234 ...