RDio (with full function, unlike current BB7 RDio)
    Sonos
    Twitter
    Whatsapp
    12-11-12 02:52 PM
    For me the one app I've wanted since day one is SONOS. And the good news is that it will soon be available. I'm already testing a beta. Whatever is working on that beta works g r e a t and a few more revs and a final version will be reaady to rock and roll . It's fantastic to see developers buy into this platform and BB in general. Check out tiggit controller for PLAYBOOK when it comes out.
    12-13-12 09:11 AM
    I'm not too picky. It'll have bbm and email so that's my main things covered. I can do all that I want on my 9900. I do hope there are some live chart forex apps though.
    FXCM supports current BlackBerry's I believe, so should be there for BB10!
    12-13-12 09:23 AM
    Has anyone heard any rumours about WhatsApp? I know quite a few iPhone users planning to make the switch, but would absolutely hold off if WhatsApp was not there at launch.
    12-13-12 10:00 AM
    Has anyone heard any rumours about WhatsApp? I know quite a few iPhone users planning to make the switch, but would absolutely hold off if WhatsApp was not there at launch.
    I haven't heard anything but I am sure it's going to be there. WhatsApp wants to be a cross-platform messenger. So, I imagine they are already developing for the new platform. Their whole model is around being available on multiple platforms.
    12-13-12 11:06 AM
    I absolutely need access to Google Apps and am worried that they have apparently switched some off platform to a paid tier. I had to buy a Galaxy Note because I didn't get Skype or MLB/NHL video on either my phone or my PlayBook so add those 2. Finally as there is currently no native messaging apps for the PlayBook I would like to see that fixed in BB10 but I have seen evidence that's already done, but as I have learned from PlayBook I will believe it when it there to be used on a phone.
    12-13-12 12:28 PM
    Navigation that I don't have to pay a high fee for

Robust media players

Full featured file management as well as access to drop box and wireless file transfer between devices

My standards for what constitutes deal breakers are higher than only choosing 3 apps, so I could go on
    12-13-12 08:47 PM
    There is no app at all that will sway my decision one way or the other...personally I'm not getting the phone for the apps, I'm getting it for the productivity potential that I see in the OS.
    ctuffy and bigbmc26 like this.
    12-13-12 08:55 PM
    Two things that I need from BB10 are:
    1. The ability to print directly from my cell phone. iOS and Android can print directly to Samsung printers, HP printers etc.
    2. Developers to stop thinking that iOS and Android are the standard in which to develop for. BlackBerry and W8 are always after thoughts or never thoughts (e.g. banking apps, religious apps etc).

For now, I have to run two phones and swap the SIM between the two (Nexus 4 and BB). But as soon as BB has what I need I'll be 100% back.
    ctuffy likes this.
    12-13-12 09:57 PM
    There is no app at all that will sway my decision one way or the other...personally I'm not getting the phone for the apps, I'm getting it for the productivity potential that I see in the OS.
    This actually cuts the the meat of my dilemma. I need certain 2nd and 3rd tier apps that likely won't be present in order to BE productive. My bank's app is one and they've already told me not likely and to "use the mobile website in your browser" which isn't as good. And my workout app which I use a lot. Those are just two examples keep in mind. If the navigation options turn out to be no better in quality than WP8's that could be a disappointment as well.

If my main focus for being productive and my lifestyle revolved mostly around email, SMS, voice, social networking apps etc bb10 with it's Hub would seal the deal for sure but my needs, and of course I speak for myself here, go beyond that into certain apps that may not be available to me for what I call productivity.
    12-14-12 03:47 AM
    Memopad - like the current one
    Windows Live Messenger
    Flashlight - yup, I use it multiple times daily.
    12-14-12 07:20 AM
    Quite a few I would say,

1. Instagram
    2. Google Maps (When I see Google's not making for W8... I start to worry)
    3. A REAL good twitter app like tweetbot/falcon pro
    4. Whatsapp
    5. Dropbox
    12-14-12 07:48 AM
    Nice post, my list is a bit UK centric:
    1. BBC iPlayer (or the website must work at least)
    2. Sky Go (another UK TV service)
    3. ESPN/NBA League Pass

Actually Spotify MUST be there too, must must (as it's already on BB hopefully this won't be a problem). I'm also assuming (hopefully correctly) that current BB apps like BeWeather, TuneIn Radio and Endomondo will all be there too, so am just focusing on new apps. I REALLY hope PodTrapper is made available for BB10 too (just buy it please RIM).
    12-14-12 08:14 AM
    12-15-12 12:20 PM
    None, apps don't determine what OS I choose. The ease of use, UI, & communication aspects are far more important to me...
    12-16-12 09:26 AM
    I think the BB maps on my OS6 device is superior to google maps. As with all things google, I found it intrusive and dumbed down for the masses. Looking forward to BB10 maps. Waze and Poynt are good for road nav. GPS Tool (Tworoads) and GPS Guru (Aztux) are good for off road and integrate well with BB maps.
    I really stopped using Google maps once BlackBerry Traffic was released. Great native app. I'm hoping they integrate it into BlackBerry Maps in BB10.
    12-16-12 09:33 AM
    A phone's main purpose is a phone for me (and email/txt). But, I do like not having to carry multiple devices around with me so there are some apps I really like to have on my phone. I use the following daily while at work and while commuting:

- Stitcher
    - Songza
    - Google Maps
    - Pulse Newsreader

I dislike seeing the tone in some of these threads that wanting your phone to serve multiple functions makes you less technically inclined or less intelligent. Or wanting the functionality is silly when deciding on a phone. There is no reason a phone can't be a good phone AND have these apps. I really hope that is what BB10 offers.
    12-16-12 09:37 AM
    None, apps don't determine what OS I choose. The ease of use, UI, & communication aspects are far more important to me...
    It can't hurt to ask for the apps right????
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and. . .
    Pandora�: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    . . .Visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs . . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/
    12-16-12 11:12 AM
    mine are:
    - Whatsapp
    - Google Maps
    - KeePass
    - Spideroak
    oops, that's 4.
    12-16-12 12:52 PM
    The most important apps are the ones you don't have to download from BlackBerry World. The apps that come pre-installed on the BlackBerry 10 OS are the most important.
    Calendar, BBM, BlackBerry Hub, Notes, Phone, Contacts, Camera & Media Management.

This entire thread is whack.
    12-16-12 01:15 PM
    I'm on T-Mo where BB is legendary for having the best version of T-Mo's wifi calling, UMA. You cannot get this service on the other three big carriers in the US. For those who don't know, it allows a caller to use wifi to connect to T-Mo's cell network. Which means, no matter where you are in the world, not only are your calls all local (free, don't even come off minutes), but you can use your own cell number. Also if, like me, you live in an area where cell service stinks, it doesn't matter so long as you have wifi. BB 10 continuing this service or not might be a deal-breaker for me.

Sorry, don't have three. I'm anti-social, so social media is optional.
    asherwiin likes this.
    12-17-12 10:08 AM
    My 3 apps:
    text messaging
    phone app
    settings

as long as those are there I'm buying it!
    12-17-12 10:15 AM
    My 3 apps:
    text messaging
    phone app
    settings

as long as those are there I'm buying it!
    So I guess you are buying it
    12-17-12 10:31 AM
    So I guess you are buying it
    Haha yes how did you know?! 5 upgrades for my family plan and everyone is getting either all touch or keyboard!!
    12-17-12 11:18 PM
    1. Yahoo Voice , Msn Voice, Gtalk Voice Calls
    2. Skype, Whatsapp , Viber (ability to make voice calls)
    3. Google Maps ( Very very very very important) - i travel a lot , cant live w/o this
    12-18-12 02:34 AM
132 12345 ...