I got in trouble installing the beta version of BBM, and had to execute a security wipe. After the process, however, I noticed that the 2G, 3G, and 4G inside Mobile Network under System Settings turned into GSM, HSPA+, UMTS, and LTE. The phone is working fine, but I am wondering. Any idea what has happened?
    12-20-13 08:40 PM
    Different names for the same thing.

You could have just sideloaded BBM friend from 1055 on, like I did last night.
    12-20-13 08:46 PM
    Yes, I know they mean the same thing. Obviously, I am wondering why it's not indicated as 2G/3G/4G like before.

As I posted in the BBM Beta thread (#49): "In addition to BBM crashing, I can't even get Sachesi or Chrome to connect to sideload anything. Sachesi keeps popping this small window about "err - authorization" but my password is correct. Also, my SMS is having problem. I can send sms messages but I don't see the new transaction in the Hub. When I receive sms, the preview pops but the new message is not shown in the Hub, too. I have tried restarting and master reset."

It was only after the security wipe that I was able to use Sachesi and sideload the BBM bar. Why sideload now? Because my BBM was still crashing even after the security wipe.
    12-20-13 09:22 PM
    Shut down - take out sim. Power on, shut down, put sim back in. Power on and it should be back.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-20-13 09:38 PM
    The wipe only removes all personal data. The beta BBM issue was still there, because the beta BBM was still there. Not sure why you couldn't access the phone via any means. Could be a setting. Could be a corrupt OS load.
    12-20-13 10:36 PM
    I got the same issue the other way round:: on a Z30 I used to see GSM/HSPA+/UMTS/LTE and every time I change the SIM card it turns to 2G/3G/4G (with low quality data transmission/ reception I think - not that sure though). No security wipes no anything...

If I perform a hard reset on the phone, then GSM/HSPA+/UMTS/LTE reappears... wtf is happening? and is there a way I can save myself the trouble of performing complete wipes and re-installing backups?

NOTE:: When NOT in GSM/HSPA+/UMTS/LTE , the BBM voice + video DO NOT WORK !!!
    Last edited by pomolo; 01-07-14 at 04:55 PM.
    01-07-14 04:36 PM