I think the selection is pretty good. I skipped Oliver (movie), but everything else I've downloaded. I'm actually low on storage now, and have to start paring things down. As far as being of interest to people, games really fits the bill. If you are using a BB, you likely have most of your needs fulfilled from a productivity stand point. What most lack are games and entertainment. Some users don't even know what's available and think that to get those they need to go with iPhone or Android. This promotion is a good way to educate what is available.

There are some non-game apps that I'd like to see as part of this promotion, but I'm not going to complain if they don't make it. I'll either pay for them later or decide I don't really need them. It's ok to say what you would like as part of this promotion, but to complain really is pathetic. The problem with the OP is that it demands they stop offering games which many people are happy with. It would have gone over much better if it simply (but graciously) asked to have more productivity apps (and offered examples).

One thing I'm glad they haven't offered yet as part of this promotion is music. Music tastes vary quite a bit. Can you imagine the **** storm of complaints because the free offered track isn't the one people wanted?
    12-16-13 03:18 PM
    Attachment 230456

There u go! Day 17 and it's a business app. Now stop crying all u ****** bags saying BlackBerry is **** and doesn't provide business apps. Anyway this app is actually useless for people like me, so this might be your lucky day.

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    That eBay pic kinda related to all this LOL
    You want business apps? GET IT

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:22 PM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-mockup.png

Created with a free app from the beta zone
    12-16-13 05:05 PM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-1meme.jpg

z10stl100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-16-13 05:16 PM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-mockupgalaga.png

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    h20work, anon3969612 and jevinzac like this.
    12-16-13 05:18 PM
    Mine was made with easymemes.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-16-13 05:18 PM
    OP is mighty quiet now...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:25 PM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-yyyouno.jpg

memes eh?
    12-16-13 05:49 PM
    The entire last series of posts have made my night.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
    12-16-13 06:10 PM
    See, they listened, hope you're enjoying it now!

25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-img_00000730.png

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:04 PM
    Just checking in on the thread...5% posts on topic, 95% trash talk. Seems like anyone having any opinion which differs from BlackBerry warrants ridicule. I think this kind of blind fanboyism only hurts the company and the brand. Look what fanboys have done to apple - major Apple forums have lost individuals offering meaningful discourse, instead leaving fanboys calling each other names.

I haven't seen the stocks app yet but I'll check again later.
    loyalIND likes this.
    12-16-13 07:58 PM
    I own it already. This app will be more useful if
    1. Stock list is saved in the cloud so I don't have to reset up my whole watch list after I reinstall the app.
    2. Make app headless so that it get hub notification when my watched stock hits a certain threshold.

Still a good download for free. Thanks blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:14 PM
    Just checking in on the thread...5% posts on topic, 95% trash talk. Seems like anyone having any opinion which differs from BlackBerry warrants ridicule. I think this kind of blind fanboyism only hurts the company and the brand. Look what fanboys have done to apple - major Apple forums have lost individuals offering meaningful discourse, instead leaving fanboys calling each other names.

You were not mentioning your opinion, you were complaining! Complaining about something u got for free.

12-16-13 08:15 PM
    Go back to post #1 and you will see the topic.

Some people saw the topic of where BB is directing their marketing, some saw complaining. It's up to you
    12-16-13 08:42 PM
    Go back to post #1 and you will see the topic.

Some people saw the topic of where BB is directing their marketing, some saw complaining. It's up to you
    BlackBerry is not directing it's market to any specific people with these kind of promotions. They just thought of giving us a Christmas gift for supporting BB10! And you should be happy with what u get, don't whine over a gift which u didn't like.

12-16-13 09:04 PM
    Not sure about others, but I hate giving and receiving practical gifts.
    It's like giving some cash to a friend for his birthday.

Me and my friends always search for the most hilarious and non-essential presents - it makes others happy and way easier when income level is different.
    12-16-13 09:09 PM
    The Stocks app seems to be much better than the SuperStocks one I downloaded before.....

PS...some of the games aren't so bad......I downloaded Angry Birds for a friend that likes the game and BeWeather as well....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-16-13 10:01 PM
    [QUOTE=incongruent;9717418]I own it already. This app will be more useful if
    1. Stock list is saved in the cloud so I don't have to reset up my whole watch list after I reinstall the app.
    2. Make app headless so that it get hub notification when my watched stock hits a certain threshold.

Still a good download for free. Thanks blackberry.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-16-13 10:49 PM

Agreeing with BlackBerry does not make one a blind fanboy. Have you ever considered that there might be a logically sound and reasonable argument that counters yours?

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    12-17-13 06:21 AM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-mockup.png

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-13 06:23 AM
    Whether you want productivity or games or whatever, I think BlackBerry should be commended for this great idea of 25 days of gifts. It's fun opening the phone in the morning just wondering what waits! I do not play games, but hey, the pick by BlackBerry has been good fun.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:19 AM
    What the hell. Fanboyism? Dude (OP) what we are saying is that we were raised right by our parents. They taught us that we should show some GRATITUDE when someone do us a good will.

I'm imagining you when you were still a child. When Christmas comes, your parents will give you toys as present for Christmas. Instead of being grateful and thankful for having a new toy, you'll complain that they should have gave you money instead. Am I right? Is this the kind of childhood you had?

The point is, it's not Fanboyism but having / knowing the right attitude when someone gives you free stuff that you didn't even ask for.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:47 AM
    From OP
    [...]
    I don't need [xyz], I need:
    [...]
    If you need a specific app for business, then just get it in BBWorld with your card or carrier billing.
    If you don't need a free game, then just don't download it.

As much as I'm not an apple fanboy, I wish BlackBerry fans (I'm clearly one) can do the same work (yes, promotion is work) they've done !
    Cleanup can be made later

P.S: Don't miss the stock app, it's a beauty. And once gone (noon), you'll have to pay for it.

Like paying developers while promoting their apps and reward customers ?
    This is promotion. For cheap.

edit : promotions for enterprises are dealt behind the scenes.
    12-17-13 10:50 AM
    It's free. Don't complain.

Sent from my Z30
    12-17-13 10:55 AM
    25 Days of XMas: PLEASE STOP WITH THE GAMES-mockupmarketing.png

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-17-13 11:12 AM
211 ... 56789