Anyone else have this problem or know how to stop it?

After the 145mb OS update on Rogers last week everything was fine. But then they sent me what looked like another software update. The little notification bell was in the hub, and it said "software update. Applications update version 10.0.10.85. 21mb". I accepted the download as I thought it was a second part of the OS update like the playbook sometimes has. After downloading it there was no restart required which right away told me it was not a true OS update of any kind. Then I checked my home screen. All of the bloatware/default apps that I had deleted when I first got the phone were back. Facebook, linkedIn, 4square, sportsnet, etc, etc. The "software update" was just pushed apps. I deleted the apps once again and everything was fine.

Then the next day the same notification came for 21mb - I deleted it in the hub without downloading as I knew what it was. Then everything was fine. Now today the 21mb notification showed up again for the third time. Deleted it. Also, even when it is not pushed to me but I check for updates, this bloatware package shows as a software update available in settings. How can I stop these bloatware notifications from being pushed to be, or even showing up when I manually check? The only option in the hub is "delete" when it shows up. This package has nothing to do with the operating system and should not be mandatory.

May or may not be similar to this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-778367/
    however OP on that thread does not give specifics on what was updated so it may be a different issue.
    BB_Ooo and KDB84 like this.
    03-04-13 11:14 PM
    The have had the same thing happen. I have seen others post about the same problem. After the 3rd time i just put them all in a folder and put it out of the way. Not ideal but i am unsure what to do with them. Thanks in advance to anyone who has an answer!
    03-04-13 11:24 PM
    In my case it's the newsstand app, I deleted the app and voila got the update notifications. Size is 5mb

Posted via CB10 #Z10
    03-04-13 11:37 PM
    In my case it's the newsstand app, I deleted the app and voila got the update notifications. Size is 5mb

Posted via CB10 #Z10
    That one is part of my bloatware package too.
    03-04-13 11:43 PM
    The have had the same thing happen. I have seen others post about the same problem. After the 3rd time i just put them all in a folder and put it out of the way. Not ideal but i am unsure what to do with them. Thanks in advance to anyone who has an answer!
    Thats what I have done until I find a way to solve this. However my "unused" folder is now full. I will have to make a second folder if I get one more bloatware pushed to me. Its not fair that I should have to have so much un-deletable software.
    03-04-13 11:45 PM
    03-04-13 11:47 PM
    I've resorted to dumping these apps in a folder that I'm never going to open. So annoying.
    03-05-13 02:21 PM
    This has been the case for years, every Blackberry I've had for the last 2-3 years had the same thing.

Just move them into a junk folder and forget about them.

This is one of the tradeoffs for getting the device for $150 rather than the $800 you'd have to pay in countries where carrier subsidies are illegal.
    03-07-13 10:05 PM