After updating to 2141 I cannot sideload anymore. I try using the Google Chrome extension and it cannot find my Z10. I tried the old DDPB method and same thing; does not recognize my Z10. As an additional piece of info, when I connect my Z10 to my PC, it only sees the SD card and not the main device. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks.

Kurt
    02-19-14 05:53 PM
    After updating to 2141 I cannot sideload anymore. I try using the Google Chrome extension and it cannot find my Z10. I tried the old DDPB method and same thing; does not recognize my Z10. As an additional piece of info, when I connect my Z10 to my PC, it only sees the SD card and not the main device. Any thoughts on this one?

If you are talking about Android apps, there is no need to sideload any more, APKs can be installed directly. Most people are using the SNAP app to do that, which accesses Google Play directly.

If you are talking about sideloading BB10 BAR files, still works fine with Sachesi.

Some people using the tools you mention have mentioned issues, but I think some sort of re-install or reconfiguration solved that issue. Personally I just use Sachesi.
    02-19-14 06:51 PM
    still needs to be able to sideload snap though...
    byransays likes this.
    02-19-14 06:53 PM

Thanks.

Kurt
    I'm not sure if you use Mac or Windows. On my Mac I was having problems then found a thread that helped. On Mac I changed the ip address that is displayed on the developer mode screen to the one that can be found in your wifi settings, in the terminal command. Not too sure how it works on Windows though.
    Hope this helps.

Z30
    02-19-14 07:19 PM
    still needs to be able to sideload snap though...
    Yes, this is the problem--I cannot sideload Snap. Using a PC but will try changing the IP address. Also, I have tried Sachesi but must have been doing something wrong as I never could get it to work correctly.
    02-19-14 07:22 PM
    in 10.2.1, sometimes i must use the ip address that is used by windows for the drives that show up as networked, instead of the ip address that is entered in development mode.
    02-19-14 07:37 PM

Thanks.

Kurt
    Settings > storage and access
    Turn off USB mass storage
    Try again
    02-19-14 07:39 PM
    Settings > storage and access
    Turn off USB mass storage
    Try again
    DUDE! (or DUDETTE),

That was it! Thanks so much. Snap is back on my Z10.

Thanks to all.

Kurt
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-19-14 09:15 PM
    Yes, this is the problem--I cannot sideload Snap. [...] Also, I have tried Sachesi but must have been doing something wrong as I never could get it to work correctly.
    What happens when you run Sachesi? Bear in mind that the computer you run Sachesi on needs to have BlackBerry Link already installed on it, because it depends on the USB drivers that Link installs.

Or you can just use this, and forget about Sachesi for that purpose:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/
    02-19-14 09:31 PM
    I have only tried Sachesi to load a new leak. However, it did not find the version I wanted to load so I gave up on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 10:48 PM
    I have only tried Sachesi to load a new leak. However, it did not find the version I wanted to load so I gave up on it.

OK. Well luckily that has nothing to do whether it would work fine for sideloading content you already had.
    02-19-14 10:57 PM