Yes but since I’m here in the USA, I’ve decided to be USA centric.
    That was one surprise with the leak on BBMo sales... even with no US Support to really speak of, 54% of their sales were from the US.

As for the price... it's all relative. If it's $999 CAN for a flagship of some type, it's $780 for a middle grade KEY2. But he made it sound like the $999 was double the price of a KEY2.... so I too assume he's talking about the US market, and a discounted (maybe used) KEY2 at that.
    12-11-19 08:01 AM
    I have a Verizon Z30 that I've tried using off and on for the last 2 years. I always have to go back to Android or Apple for two reasons: I like smart watches and there is no way to use a smart watch with BB10 (i'm not interested in a patch work limited connection using a Pebble watch) and no there's no option for Android Auto/Carplay when I'm commuting.
    12-11-19 08:28 AM
    Unfortunately, even his iOS pricing doesn’t seem accurate, unless he’s Canadian I suppose.
    T-Mobile USA's Web site lists Apple iPhones ranging from $399.99 to $1099.99 So is it entirely outside the realm of possibility that, in the Spring of this year, I was quoted a price of $999 for an iPhone?
    12-11-19 09:19 AM
    From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Pushing back is not attacking.
    Crackberry.com is not Android Central.

I'm a BB Q10 user, in a BB10 forum, responding to a discussion thread with a clickbait Subject title.
    12-11-19 09:24 AM
    T-Mobile USA's Web site lists Apple iPhones ranging from $399.99 to $1099.99 So is it entirely outside the realm of possibility that, in the Spring of this year, I was quoted a price of $999 for an iPhone?
    Of course not, but my point is more that you wanted to compare a five year Android mid-tier at time of release with a current iPhone which again made zero sense. An iPhone 6 is about $100USD when you can find one. Easily $200 USD since that’s what you spent on G phone.

It’s as if you’re wanting to use bad data to justify your Android/iOS disgust. If you want to continue using BB10, and it does what you need it to do, great. That’s your choice of preference. However, spewing misinformation is disingenuous and unfair to others here that read threads attempting to make decisions on next phone from BB10 currently used.

Your original comments stated like unsatisfying Android results that sounded like help requested. I’m ok if you know everything you really need to know and just don’t want to switch now. Eventually, you’ll switch and be forced to adjust. That won’t change my original comment that set you off the first time.
    12-11-19 09:34 AM
    Pushing back is not attacking.
    Crackberry.com is not Android Central.

I'm a BB Q10 user, in a BB10 forum, responding to a discussion thread with a clickbait Subject title.
    BTW - I don’t care if you push back or complain. Obviously, I enjoy vigorous differing opinion discussions with all members. Exactly, what should I have the corrected title read and where should it have been placed?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-11-19 09:38 AM
    BTW - I don’t care if you push back or complain. Obviously, I enjoy vigorous differing opinion discussions with all members. Exactly, what should I have the corrected title read and where should it have been placed?
    And that's the thing.... for some BB10 is very usable today, for others it's not. There really isn't a right or wrong answer for everyone, it depends on the individual needs that we have.

I fully expect there will be someone still using a Passport the day BlackBerry finally shuts down their network. (Be that next year or next decade....)
    12-11-19 09:50 AM
    And that's the thing.... for some BB10 is very usable today, for others it's not. There really isn't a right or wrong answer for everyone, it depends on the individual needs that we have.

I fully expect there will be someone still using a Passport the day BlackBerry finally shuts down their network. (Be that next year or next decade....)
    Absolutely! And I plan to be that "someone" when that day comes, or even better, one of many other people feeling the same about BB10!!
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-11-19 10:48 AM

It'll probably be me using BB10 when that happens. Lol

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    12-11-19 11:10 AM
    It'll probably be me using BB10 when that happens. Lol

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    I'm with you too brother! Out of My Cold Dead Hands! Then and only then will my K2 see daily action!

Posted via my Passport
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-11-19 11:35 PM
    I'm with you too brother! Out of My Cold Dead Hands! Then and only then will my K2 see daily action!

Posted via my Passport
    Count me in as well...
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    12-13-19 07:09 AM
    So now that we’re two days in with 2020 vision, see what I did there, where are we officially with BB10 usability?

I understand nothing blew up or shut down.

Has anybody noticed anything different in the ecosystem? Did anything change in BBW that’s actually confirmed?

Did a secret unknown stash of BB10 never released hardware show up on eBay today?
    01-02-20 08:46 PM
    So now that we’re two days in with 2020 vision, see what I did there, where are we officially with BB10 usability?

I understand nothing blew up or shut down.

Has anybody noticed anything different in the ecosystem? Did anything change in BBW that’s actually confirmed?

Did a secret unknown stash of BB10 never released hardware show up on eBay today?
    I did sense a disturbance in the force.....

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    01-02-20 09:30 PM
    . . . I always have to go back to Android or Apple for two reasons: I like smart watches and there is no way to use a smart watch with BB10 ....
    I have and will never understand why people are keen to share their most sacred personal data (health) with public [health insurance] companies. And I am totally confused why those people decide for a Blackberry mobile with highest data security standards.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-20 05:18 AM
    I have and will never understand why people are keen to share their most sacred personal data (health) with public [health insurance] companies. And I am totally confused why those people decide for a Blackberry mobile with highest data security standards.

Posted via CB10
    What’s the big deal? For some the positives outweigh the negatives.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-03-20 05:57 AM
    What’s the big deal? For some the positives outweigh the negatives.
    Agree....

It's one thing for the doctor to tell you if you don't exercise more you will die at a young age.... at some point. It's another if your insurance company gives you a 10% discount on your next payment, if you walk X number of miles per day during this quarter.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-03-20 07:52 AM
    Agree....

It's one thing for the doctor to tell you if you don't exercise more you will die at a young age.... at some point. It's another if your insurance company gives you a 10% discount on your next payment, if you walk X number of miles per day during this quarter.
    Not sure how that would work. I mean if you have a smartwatch and you walk so many miles which really doesn't raise your heart rate that much yet I have been training hard in a gym since I was 17 years old now 48 but I refuse to wear a smartwatch. I guess they would have to give me the same discount for having a gym membership? Maybe they will require you grant them access to the gyms data regarding you attendance and what times? Eventually you will have to enter a code on every machine so the insurance can track your activity if no watch is being used?
    I think the whole idea is messy. I don't like it.

01-03-20 08:06 AM
    I have lately successfully depressed my ambiguous desire to get a modern Android smartphone So, I have entered the 2020 with the two best BlackBerry 10 smartphones: BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition and BlackBerry Classic They are the only smartphones I use and will use in 2020.
    My use scenario is rather simplistic.
    I use email (4 accounts, I was able even to add my German university account). Outlook is my favorite, since it has magic synchronization, which is instant.
    For visiting websites I use stock browser.
    For messages I use two android apps: Telegram X and WhatsApp.
    For music I use Spotify from Amazon Appstore.
    For composing texts I use native app Compose.
    For reading ebooks: FReader (port) from BBW.
    Chess-wise for playing chess online - wonderful native app.
    Easy-go (BBW, but android port) for public transportation in Germany.
    Native CascaRun Pro app for tracking my simple sport activities.
    CB app for sure.
    I have also downloaded some other native and port apps from BBW just in case if I might need them since not sure about the availability of BBW in 2020.
    Well, in the end, the answer is yes: BlackBerry 10 smartphone is still usable in 2020 for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    elfabio80, hpjoan and bbfanfan like this.
    01-03-20 08:07 AM
    Not sure how that would work. I mean if you have a smartwatch and you walk so many miles which really doesn't raise your heart rate that much yet I have been training hard in a gym since I was 17 years old now 48 but I refuse to wear a smartwatch. I guess they would have to give me the same discount for having a gym membership? Maybe they will require you grant them access to the gyms data regarding you attendance and what times? Eventually you will have to enter a code on every machine so the insurance can track your activity if no watch is being used?
    I think the whole idea is messy. I don't like it.

You don't like wearing a watch... you don't get the discount. If your insurance even offers one right now.

The sensors in these more advance watches will keep up with whatever exercise you are doing to get your heart rate up. But Apple, Fitbit and others are working with researchers and the FDA to get some aspects of these devices approved as actual health or medical tech. For Sleep Monitoring, Heart Health, Blood Gas testing for a whole list of problems from Diabetes to Kidney Failure.

What might be a sales gimmick today, could be a very real health tool in a few years.

But another thing to worry about data being misused...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-03-20 09:40 AM
    You don't like wearing a watch... you don't get the discount. If your insurance even offers one right now.

The sensors in these more advance watches will keep up with whatever exercise you are doing to get your heart rate up. But Apple, Fitbit and others are working with researchers and the FDA to get some aspects of these devices approved as actual health or medical tech. For Sleep Monitoring, Heart Health, Blood Gas testing for a whole list of problems from Diabetes to Kidney Failure.

What might be a sales gimmick today, could be a very real health tool in a few years.

But another thing to worry about data being misused...
    Or a tool for the insurance companies to scrutinize your lifestyle and choices or things that are out of your control so to find reason not to pay or cover some benefits
    truth4u and bh7171 like this.
    01-03-20 01:49 PM
    So other than apps no longer being updated in BBW, how’s BB10 faring in 2020 for most users? More of the same or any subtle but irritating changes?
    01-18-20 12:27 PM
    Ignore this

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-21-20 at 07:25 PM.
    01-18-20 01:02 PM
    So other than apps no longer being updated in BBW, how’s BB10 faring in 2020 for most users? More of the same or any subtle but irritating changes?
    Everything working excellently for me on my Passport - but then, I don't use much either lol.
    01-18-20 01:17 PM
    I keep my Z10 running just to see how it all goes. Wi-Fi only with one outlook account on it, and an Evernote account. That way, I can see how syncing an account with email, calendar, contacts, and that Evernote account in Remember all keeps going.

Last weekend, outlook quit syncing, giving me a 403 error. I tried removing and re-adding it. Didn't work. Tried doing it on another Wi-Fi (mobile hot-spot on my S9). Didn't work. Tried taking my phone to work to use that wi-fi, and the phone could never connect (it used to when I was actually using it as my main device for 4 years).

All that time I was not having any issues with my outlook account on my S9, or my Fire HD 8 tablet - both running the Hub+ for Android.

So, by mid-week, I tried the nuclear option - ran the autoloader. Backed up the apps first in Link, then ran it. After a few minutes going through that darned tutorial (for the umpteenth time) yet again, I spent about 15 minutes quickly running through my basic setup. Then, I restored only some of the apps - mainly just the ones I added. I then deleted the usual OOB installed apps - Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare and LinkedIn.

Everything was running smooth, so I tried adding that outlook account. No problems this time, and soon everything was downloading/syncing again. Also hooked Evernote into Remember again.

The next day, BBW wanted to update BBM and Evernote. I expected that, but didn't know how long it would take to even offer the update. Those are the only apps I know that have been updated since the last OS was released.

So, at least we know that updates from BBW will still come. It's just that current apps in BBW won't be updated from what they have now.
    01-18-20 04:42 PM
    Thanks everyone that’s replied so far. I like to answer BB questions and want to be fair with actual information.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-18-20 06:24 PM
296 ... 89101112