As far as it being an Android thing, I'd certainly agree the problem would seem to go beyond the Key2, but unless you are claiming the Key2's Android implementation is identical to other devices' (which would seem to eliminate the supposed security benefits of the Key series), there are differences which could only affect the Key 2.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 12:35 AM
    As far as it being an Android thing, I'd certainly agree the problem would seem to go beyond the Key2, but unless you are claiming the Key2's Android implementation is identical to other devices' (which would seem to eliminate the supposed security benefits of the Key series), there are differences which could only affect the Key 2.

Posted via CB10
    It's identical at the user - facing app level, yes.

Kernel hardening and Integrity Detection does not affect the file or sharing structures.

The difference only comes into play if an app is trying to gain elevated privileges or make changes to system files.
    10-11-19 12:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    The evidence only suggests that one person ran into some unknown difficulty - as we know it can be done.
    10-11-19 12:42 AM
    It's identical at the user - facing app level, yes.

Kernel hardening and Integrity Detection does not affect the file or sharing structures.

The difference only comes into play if an app is trying to gain elevated privileges or make changes to system files.
    Except in order to implement these differences one would need greater control over file structures and certain process calls, which would affect file interaction with storage.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 12:49 AM
    The evidence only suggests that one person ran into some unknown difficulty - as we know it can be done.
    On the contrary--the evidence suggests that a solid, experienced user ran into trouble that you apparently are not experiencing.

We know with certainty, however, that the Passport does not have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 12:51 AM
    Except in order to implement these differences one would need greater control over file structures and certain process calls, which would affect file interaction with storage.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't think it would ever manifest at this level which would be confirmed by my experience having never noticed any difficulty in accessing either internal or SD storage after using BlackBerry Android for 4 years.
    10-11-19 12:53 AM
    Enough. Get some sleep.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-11-19 01:17 AM
    Thread reopened, enjoy.
    10-11-19 06:36 AM
    On the contrary--the evidence suggests that a solid, experienced user ran into trouble that you apparently are not experiencing.

We know with certainty, however, that the Passport does not have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    So I guess now my question is now, does anyone else with a Passport have the same issue with video taken with the camera and then sharing from its default directory via Telegram?

Second question:
    Anyone with a KEY2 have the video sharing issues from the SD card via Telegram?
    I'm curious if the problem I had on the KEY2 was related to Videoder's directory on the SD card. I know that when I had the KEY2 I had to move the video from the Videoder folder on SD card to the internal storage in order to load / send. That was one reason I sold my KEY2 in favour of acquiring a 128GB model to alleviate the annoyance but never followed through on a purchase.
    10-11-19 07:20 AM
    So I guess now my question is now, does anyone else with a Passport have the same issue with video taken with the camera and then sharing from its default directory via Telegram?

Second question:
    I'm curious if the problem I had on the KEY2 was related to Videoder's directory on the SD card. I know that when I had the KEY2 I had to move the video from the Videoder folder on SD card to the internal storage in order to load / send. That was one reason I sold my KEY2 in favour of acquiring a 128GB model to alleviate the annoyance but never followed through on a purchase.
    Can you post a link to this Videoder app? I can't find it on Play Store.
    10-11-19 07:48 AM
    Can you post a link to this Videoder app? I can't find it on Play Store.
    https://www.videoder.com

Yeah it's not in the play store

As far as on the passport I've only been able to get a specific version to work.
    10-11-19 08:26 AM
    https://www.videoder.com

Yeah it's not in the play store

As far as on the passport I've only been able to get a specific version to work.
    Not sure what the issue is. No problem sharing to Telegram (or anything else) from SD card or device storage. It's just a video in a folder like any other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-11-19 08:31 AM

Second question:
    Thank you for clarification. Stuff like this is crucial when attempting to move between OS for whatever reason.

Too many times on here conite, myself and others will get tagged as BB10 haters. I’m a fan of BB and I liked BB10 way back when that I bought all eight different models. Like conite, I just had to move on to BBAndroid for specific use case that pays the bills.

I started thread because I could no longer remember 90% of solutions and many solutions are deprecated for various reasons.

The_Passporter actually has been very helpful in sharing information about cross-platform troubles and solutions. @conite is genius level ambassador so all his devices are like Jay Leno’s cars, perfectly tuned.... Passporter’s devices resemble the car and person at the end of a Passporter movie...
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 10-11-19 at 12:57 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-11-19 12:11 PM
    Well, in any event, that's not the case with the app in question and/or Telegram.
    So your findings are on the KEY2 using videoder and having it save to the SD card by default and then sharing in telegram from there?

I guess I may be alone in this problem but I doubt I've done anything wrong, may just be a glitch on my phone.

Glitches like:
    On the Passport the Z key is a shortcut to change profiles for notifications and at one time it only set it to normal profile not silent. Only after I Factory reset my phone did it work as intended changing it from normal to silent and back again.
    10-11-19 12:35 PM
    So your findings are on the KEY2 using videoder and having it save to the SD card by default and then sharing in telegram from there?
    Correct. No issue here with that exact scenario.
    10-11-19 12:41 PM
    Correct. No issue here with that exact scenario.
    How do you like videoder?

When you copy something a window should pop up for audio or video option for download.
    10-11-19 12:44 PM
    How do you like videoder?

When you copy something a window should pop up for audio or video option for download.
    I have deleted it. It seemed good, but I can't properly assess the potential security implications of the app. I don't like running apps from outside of the Play Store unless they are completely open-source and auditable.

I definitely don't like giving away the "draw over other apps" permission on a whim.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-11-19 12:47 PM
    I have deleted it. It seemed good, but I can't properly assess the potential security implications of the app. I don't like running apps from outside of the Play Store unless they are completely open-source and auditable.

I definitely don't like giving away the "draw over other apps" permission on a whim.
    Just for poops and giggles I thought I'd show you one of the errors that come upIn 2019 - Is BB10 Truly Usable For Everyday Tasks?-img_20191010_195702_edit.png
    10-11-19 04:24 PM
    Just for poops and giggles I thought I'd show you one of the errors that come upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191010_195702_edit.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	446437
    You simply haven't given the app permission to use the SD card.
    10-11-19 04:28 PM
    You simply haven't given the app permission to use the SD card.
    That's the phone's internal not external. I navigated to verify using native file system.
    10-11-19 04:35 PM
    That's the phone's internal not external. I navigated to verify using native file system.
    I guess I should have asked which device this is.
    10-11-19 04:37 PM
    I guess I should have asked which device this is.
    The Passport of course. But sdcard usually is internal and external_sd is the external.
    I went to that location and there isn't even any pictures there
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-12-19 at 11:22 PM.
    10-11-19 04:40 PM

Seems both Telegram and Telegram X have resolved the problem we've discussed at length on its own. Strange but very happy now.
    As I said before, glitches......they are like a freak rain cloud that hits a one mile radius for 5-10 minutes with surrounding areas enjoy sun all day.
    11-10-19 07:53 AM
    Seems both Telegram and Telegram X have resolved the problem we've discussed at length on its own. Strange but very happy now.
    As I said before, glitches......they are like a freak rain cloud that hits a one mile radius for 5-10 minutes with surrounding areas enjoy sun all day.
    That’s not a glitch. That’s just Florida everyday.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-10-19 08:00 AM
    Now using Yubrowser for everyday web browsing and it has truly breathed life back into my Passport. Anyone that wants to enjoy their Passport again this is the best I've used to date for reliability, compatibility and reasonable speed given every page loads and your not waiting for a stalled slug.

From APKpure.com
    yubrowser_27430226

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-04-19 at 09:00 AM.
    11-27-19 05:25 PM
296 ... 45678 ...