yes change the date to any date in 2016 then register
    Good to hear. Be sure to get everything done you need. I expect we'll start reading of problems soon regarding BB10 WhatsApp.
    01-11-18 09:00 AM
    Any bets on when Android WhatsApp will stop working?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 10:03 AM
    Any bets on when Android WhatsApp will stop working?

Posted via CB10
    I say Monday, Jan 15th. Some aspects may still work but there will be a MAJOR problem for previously functional features.
    01-11-18 10:41 AM
    I say Monday, Jan 15th. Some aspects may still work but there will be a MAJOR problem for previously functional features.
    Why's that?
    01-11-18 11:41 AM
    What a black cat!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 11:56 AM
    Why's that?
    Wild A$$ guess?
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-11-18 11:58 AM
    Today my whatsapp totally not working and I cannot install whatsapp for android also. I am using passport

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 01:20 AM
    Stopped working today with an official message at the bottom where you would usually write. Totally blocked from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 01:25 AM
    Stopped working today with an official message at the bottom where you would usually write. Totally blocked from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    What does the official message say? Maybe should of downloaded the android version ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 02:05 AM
    Yes done like dinner! I'm sure someone with have a fix at some point but functionality was hampering my productivity somewhat.
    01-15-18 02:32 AM
    Mine was working about five hours ago but like others no longer. Pretty disappointing.
    Don't understand why they couldn't have left it working until cut-off date for S40 but there's no point in dwelling.

WhatsApp was one of the best native apps BlackBerry had. That said I'm glad I switched back to using it on my Passport the last few weeks. It has reminded me of what a joy BB10 is to use.
    01-15-18 03:47 AM
    The official message says: You can't send messages to this chat because WhatsApp no longer supports this phone.

Posted via CB10
    BenBerj likes this.
    01-15-18 05:18 AM
    I cannot install whatsapp for android also.
    Why not?
    01-15-18 10:56 AM
    im on a bb10 phone and cant get the android WA to run. ive installed it. then its searching for backups and says something like "you need google play services to run this app". it doesnt get past that point. the whatsFixer basically does nothing for me. i started it, but it simply wont finish the script. i cant check the "done" button. and if i close the fixer after waiting for 30 minutes the whatsapp still wont work. when i open whatsapp it just says "to run this app you need google play sevices". thats it.
    01-15-18 11:11 AM
    I need my WhatsApp. Working
    01-15-18 11:19 AM
    mine is working now. ive tried at least 10 times until it started working. pretty weird.

uninstall the old one, get the whatsapp android APK. install it. when it starts searching for backups, just close it. then do this: Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10. run the whatsfixer. start whatsapp again and once the "google play store" info appears, dont tap "ok", just tap outside the box. -> enjoy whatsapp.
    01-15-18 11:30 AM
    mine is working after HOURS of trying.
    did this:
    uninstall your whatsapp. get the whatsapp android apk. install it. close it once it starts searching for backups. go to google and type in "install google playstore blackberry". open the second result and do what it says. once you got that set up, install the whatsFixer and run it and follow the instructions. then close the whatsFixer and start your whatsapp. once the message regarding "google play store" appears, dont tap "ok", just tap outside the box.
    -> enjoy whatsapp again.
    01-15-18 11:36 AM
    Try this,

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13116233

mine is working after HOURS of trying.
    did this:
    uninstall your whatsapp. get the whatsapp android apk. install it. close it once it starts searching for backups. go to google and type in "install google playstore blackberry". open the second result and do what it says. once you got that set up, install the whatsFixer and run it and follow the instructions. then close the whatsFixer and start your whatsapp. once the message regarding "google play store" appears, dont tap "ok", just tap outside the box.
    -> enjoy whatsapp again.
    There's no need for Google Play to use WhatsApp, if you simply tap outside of that box it will continue as normal.
    01-15-18 12:15 PM
    Mine was working about five hours ago but like others no longer. Pretty disappointing.
    Don't understand why they couldn't have left it working until cut-off date for S40 but there's no point in dwelling.
    Uh, the cutoff was December 31, 2017, which is PAST - you got more than two extra weeks.
    01-15-18 04:03 PM
    Uh, the cutoff was December 31, 2017, which is PAST - you got more than two extra weeks.
    I was referring to the cutoff date for the S40 as mentioned in my post which is a year from now.
    01-15-18 04:17 PM
    For those who want a quick workaround until they take the time to install the Android APK, you can still use Whatsapp native BB10 App via a linked computer. It gets you past the blocking of the message input area and I can still receive and send via the laptop.

Hinky and not a long term fix but works for the moment.

-b.

UPDATE: Never mind. As soon as I rebooted the phone, the connection to the computer was broken and wouldn't reconnect. The option to connect from the slide down menu at the top is now grayed out..
    Last edited by _bryanb_; 01-16-18 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Updated Information...
    01-16-18 12:39 AM
    I was referring to the cutoff date for the S40 as mentioned in my post which is a year from now.
    Duh. Sorry. Going back over your post, I completely mis-read it.

Sure hard to find good help these days.
    01-16-18 09:31 AM
    I have BB Q20 Classic and few days ago WhatsApp stopped working -.- So, I did this today. Not the perfect solution but it works..for now. I changed the date, to this year, but I've put 1.1.2018. and it works. It didn't work when I put 2017 or 2016 (false date WA says, no access if I don't change it), but this does.

Settings>Date and Time>Auto Upedate Time Zone changed to Prompt>Set Date and Time Automatically set to Off>manually set date to 1.1.2018.

Pros - everything works - messages, pictures...

Cons - false Date on my phone, a bit risky because if something happens I'll get false Time too (not wearing a watch ), and one more thing...somebody texts me over WA, after I reply clicking on message directly from Hub or accessing WA directly over App icon, Chat with that person disappears. It's there but if that somebody doesn't text you again, to see your Chat with him/her you'll have to find him on your WA list>long press on his icon>Chat, and everything is there.

Hope this helps. If somebody have another solution please send.
    I was thinking maybe to change/delete something in WA over Ghost Commander, but didn't explore that thought yet.

Cheers

Edit: Just realised, Chat doesn't disappear, It's there, but lower, under 1.1.2018 date

EditEdit: And everything else in phone is misdated too, unfortunately :/
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-16-18 at 11:57 AM.
    01-16-18 10:56 AM
    Edit#3 I've found one more way. This way your Date will remain normal and all phone functions will be up to it.

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience today, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date.
    01-16-18 01:18 PM
    Strange but works

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 03:25 PM
99 1234