Well, I will wait until it completely dies, no rush on switching platforms. After all, the most important people to me will keep reaching me over fb, regular texts and bbm.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 10:08 AM
    For the BB7 (Blackberry OS 7, the REALY classics) the "trick" was the old "Set your date back. Install it. Register, then set the date forward" and that seemed to work.

Did you try THAT on the BB10. Might as well do it now while we're still in the "Zombie period"
    There is a post from a Whatsapp developer that is quoted TWICE in this thread. In part it says, "After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) "

Did you get the part about the SERVERS not allowing the client to connect?

That's going to render the "set the date back" trick useless.
    01-02-18 10:27 AM
    Before you correct people you should check if the quote YOU include proves that they were right. Read the quote again. then read your last sentence. And see if you can see why you didn't need to type it.
    01-02-18 11:04 AM
    Before you correct people you should check if the quote YOU include proves that they were right. Read the quote again. then read your last sentence. And see if you can see why you didn't need to type it.
    I stand by my comment (assuming your comment was aimed at me).
    As far as I can tell, WhatsApp will STOP accepting BB10 client access at their servers in 2 weeks or so.

So, I'm afraid I don't see your point. By all means explain what you mean - if you check with my wife you will find that I'm occasionally (ok, REGULARLY) a bit dense.
    01-02-18 12:18 PM
    For the BB7 (Blackberry OS 7, the REALY classics) the "trick" was the old "Set your date back. Install it. Register, then set the date forward" and that seemed to work.

Did you try THAT on the BB10. Might as well do it now while we're still in the "Zombie period"
    If I try to verify WA with the date set back to 2016 on the Classic, I get an error message when starting WA that says "Wrong date. The clock of your phone is set to (…) Please adjust the clock and start WhatsApp again." So no "set the date back" trick on BB10 (at least not for the last native verson of WA).

Oh, and I'm aware of the post by dkonigsberg (the WA developer). I just wanted to install WA on the presumably last possible date (12/31/17), and watch what really happens over the next few weeks. The developer must have a lot of fun reading these threads and how people try (pointlessly, I presume) to work around his programming.
    01-02-18 03:27 PM
    If I try to verify WA with the date set back to 2016 on the Classic, I get an error message when starting WA that says "Wrong date. The clock of your phone is set to (…) Please adjust the clock and start WhatsApp again." So no "set the date back" trick on BB10 (at least not for the last native verson of WA).

Oh, and I'm aware of the post by dkonigsberg (the WA developer). I just wanted to install WA on the presumably last possible date (12/31/17), and watch what really happens over the next few weeks. The developer must have a lot of fun reading these threads and how people try (pointlessly, I presume) to work around his programming.
    Such workarounds work only for apps that are poorly designed or one that doesn't need an internet connection to work properly. I would have actually been surprised (in a bad way) if such a workaround worked for Whatsapp.
    01-02-18 05:13 PM
    Update:

Setting the date back to 12/29/17 (found this date in another thread) did work on the Classic. Setting it back to 12/31/17 did not. Go figure. I still get the "Switch to a supported phone" message, but after clicking "OK", the app works.

On the Leap, I tried the 12/29/17 date as well, registering a different number. At first, I was surprised to get the "Version too old. Update" message I had seen on the Classic months ago. After a restart, it behaved like the Classic.

Both are working now, except for the irritating (but non-obstructive) "Switch" message.

Hopefully, I can get a bold in a few days, and try it there as well.
    01-02-18 06:43 PM

Thanks for clarifying that you saw the developer post.

I'm getting tired of pasting it.
    01-02-18 06:58 PM
    Update:

Setting the date back to 12/29/17 (found this date in another thread) did work on the Classic. Setting it back to 12/31/17 did not. Go figure. I still get the "Switch to a supported phone" message, but after clicking "OK", the app works.

On the Leap, I tried the 12/29/17 date as well, registering a different number. At first, I was surprised to get the "Version too old. Update" message I had seen on the Classic months ago. After a restart, it behaved like the Classic.

Both are working now, except for the irritating (but non-obstructive) "Switch" message.

That's good news

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 08:12 PM
    Update:

I have a bold 9900 and after using the set date backward trick the app still works.... I've registered like five times since 1st jan 2018.
    01-04-18 08:47 AM
    I have a bold 9900 and after using the set date backward trick the app still works.... I've registered like five times since 1st jan 2018.
    That trick won't work once the servers are shut down. You're just delaying the inevitable.
    01-04-18 08:51 AM
    That trick won't work once the servers are shut down. You're just delaying the inevitable.
    But then again so far so good... I don't think the servers will shut down any time soon
    01-04-18 09:25 AM
    But then again so far so good... I don't think the servers will shut down any time soon
    They'll be shutting down in a few days, some users have already reported being locked out. If WhatsApp still works for you then you should use this time to export/save any important conversations and migrate to a new platform or chat client.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13102617
    01-04-18 09:52 AM
    Your optimism is mis-placed! Earlier in the thread there is a quote from a WhatsApp DEVELOPER, who makes the statement that after approximately 2 weeks of grace their SERVERS will STOP accepting connections from BB10 WhatsApp.

You got that, right? It will be THEIR SERVERS, over which you have no control, that will stop dealing with the app.

Transition while you still can!
    01-04-18 10:00 AM
    Sure. This should be fun to watch. Obviously, you don't really critically depend on WhatsApp.
    01-04-18 10:19 AM
    Sure. This should be fun to watch. Obviously, you don't really critically depend on WhatsApp.
    Verily, thou speakest the truth.

Maybe the cold air floating around N. America has frozen some critical thinking apparatus ...
    01-04-18 10:23 AM
    Your optimism is mis-placed! Earlier in the thread there is a quote from a WhatsApp DEVELOPER, who makes the statement that after approximately 2 weeks of grace their SERVERS will STOP accepting connections from BB10 WhatsApp.

You got that, right? It will be THEIR SERVERS, over which you have no control, that will stop dealing with the app.

Transition while you still can!
    Bb 10is **** already.. I'm talking about bbos7..anyway i have a Samsung already but still i enjoy whatsapp and BIS on my 9900...who needs whatsapp calls, status ****..i mean whatsapp is a chat message app,they turning it into a kim kardashian app
    01-04-18 10:24 AM
    Bb 10is **** already.. I'm talking about bbos7..anyway i have a Samsung already but still i enjoy whatsapp and BIS on my 9900...who needs whatsapp calls, status ****..i mean whatsapp is a chat message app,they turning it into a kim kardashian app
    Ah - you are confusing us with the clarivoyant people, then!

You will likely be ok then, with your setup.

Unfortunately, there seem to be others who are relying on WA continuing to function and are not transitioning.
    01-04-18 10:31 AM
    I actually have a Bold 9900 now, and couldn't get WA (fresh download directly from WA) to work yet. But that's another story. ATM I have another issue with the 9900 that I'll have to deal with first.
    01-04-18 03:03 PM
    I actually have a Bold 9900 now, and couldn't get WA (fresh download directly from WA) to work yet. But that's another story. ATM I have another issue with the 9900 that I'll have to deal with first.
    Is whatsapp bb10 accepting new registration of phone numbers?
    01-10-18 11:15 AM
    Is whatsapp bb10 accepting new registration of phone numbers?
    I don't think so.
    01-10-18 12:23 PM
    I don't think so.
    actually it is. funny enough
    01-10-18 01:13 PM
    actually it is. funny enough
    On BB10 native version?
    01-10-18 04:39 PM
    My bb10 version stop working on January 5th. Now using Andorid version with my PPSE

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 01:17 AM
    On BB10 native version?
    yes change the date to any date in 2016 then register
    01-11-18 01:40 AM
99 1234