Well, I think this will be like I thought, the app is not supported anymore, but is gonna keep working the way it is for a loooooong time.

Posted via CB10
    manishsethi likes this.
    12-31-17 11:16 PM
    Well, I think this will be like I thought, the app is not supported anymore, but is gonna keep working the way it is for a loooooong time.

Posted via CB10
    Or for a couple weeks or so...
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-31-17 11:17 PM
    I don't think so, it's gonna be the same story of Facebook, "was gonna stop working " but if you have the previous version it works just fine!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 11:20 PM
    I don't think so, it's gonna be the same story of Facebook, "was gonna stop working " but if you have the previous version it works just fine!

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp developer that handles BB10 posted timeline for BB10 version.
    12-31-17 11:24 PM
    I hope no lol

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    The BB10 Whatsapp dev posted just what will happen in the next little while:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13102617
    john_v likes this.
    12-31-17 11:27 PM
    I hope no lol

Posted via CB10
    Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    Here you go...
    12-31-17 11:28 PM
    I saw that, crazy thing. They keep the support for Nokia s40, I swear to God nobody uses that anymore. Why to close the perfectly working BB10?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 11:37 PM
    I saw that, crazy thing. They keep the support for Nokia s40, I swear to God nobody uses that anymore. Why to close the perfectly working BB10?

Posted via CB10
    Nokia alone sold over a billion S40 phones, I wouldn't be surprised if there are still more S40 phones in use than all BlackBerry devices combined.
    12-31-17 11:45 PM
    Who would use that phone? Is not even a smarth phone

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 11:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was never meant to be a smartphone OS but S40 is actually pretty comparable to BBOS.
    12-31-17 11:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've seen several iPhone users in Dubai who use S40's as their 2nd device either at office or home. It works out best for a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls where you just answer & get sh!t done with one button instead of getting a grip on a touch device.

Exhibition companies, delivery boys, bus drivers, contractors, airport supervisors and the above mentioned iPhone users who have a dedicated phone number for a high volume of calls to be made and need to plug in once in 4 days to juice up. Makes a lot of sense these old Nokia devices. Occasional launch of WhatsApp in these devices is what makes WhatsApp Inc think "X" number of active S40 WhatsApp users exist & thus assumed app support.
    01-01-18 12:43 AM
    Why to have that and not a feature phone? I just don't get it, and never will... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 01:04 AM
    Why to have that and not a feature phone? I just don't get it, and never will... lol

Posted via CB10
    Don't shoot the messenger...
    01-01-18 08:32 AM
    Mine also working..

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 08:44 AM
    Mine also working..

Posted via CB10
    For next two weeks or so....
    01-01-18 09:00 AM
    Yesterday (Dec 31), I tried to install and verify WA on a Classic and a Leap.
    I had tried to do this on the Classic some months before, but all I got back then was an error message saying the version was outdated and I should update. However, it was the most recent version on BB World. Then I read in this forum that you could only re-verify WA accounts that had already been active before (which wasn't the case, it was a new number). Never got around to install and verify on a different device and try again on the Classic.
    Being the last day of official WA BB support, I had another try yesterday. I tried both the direct verification with the new number on the BB devices as well as verification on an Android device first (which worked), then on the BB devices. Both ways failed. On both devices, I got an error message (in German, the English version may differ from my translation) "Switch to a supported phone. This phone is not supported anymore. Please switch to a different phone. (OK/More Info)". The "more info" button leading to the WA FAQ web page.
    Since I'm in Germany, this was way before midnight in the U.S.
    01-01-18 03:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Facebook was never an App made by Facebook for BB10. It was made by BlackBerry themselves. Whatsapp is a different story and their own developer has commented saying there is a 2 week Grace period then it will stop connecting to their servers.
    01-01-18 03:25 PM
    They'll have S40 support until the end of 2018 according to whatsapp officially:
    https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb/26000006/

The S40 lines are SUPER basic "smartphones" I'm surprised an S40 will be supported but a BB10 will not.
    And why connect BB7 devices with BB10. After all the BB10 phones run essentially the android port (or could) so if they're supporting "Android until 2020" (according to that official post) why not support BB10 until 2020

For the BB7 (Blackberry 7 os) people out there here's the intructions that STILL work for me (COnfirmed it 5 minutes ago)

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ended-1115275/
    01-01-18 08:51 PM
    For the BB7 (Blackberry OS 7, the REALY classics) the "trick" was the old "Set your date back. Install it. Register, then set the date forward" and that seemed to work.

Did you try THAT on the BB10. Might as well do it now while we're still in the "Zombie period"
    01-01-18 08:53 PM
    Are you asking "why have an S40 and not a feature phone" Or which one?

And the answer is probably the same. Cost. People don't have "Dumb" phone because they enjoy tapping and tapping and tapping away a message. They do it cause it's $20 for a brand new one. It's the same for an old blackberry or an old nokia.

and now that the old "smartphone S40" nokias can have whatsapp for ANOTHER YEAR. and we suckers get nothing....
    01-01-18 08:55 PM
    Install apk.
    Quit from native app.
    01-02-18 04:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    S40 phones ARE feature phones. There were even QWERTY versions of it, remember a relative having one of those (Nokia Asha nnn) before he switched to Android
    01-02-18 05:05 AM
    Install apk.
    Quit from native app.
    Per WhatsApp, that isn't supported either and can break anytime so get Android phone. See the end of the announcement.

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    01-02-18 09:04 AM
    As I posted in a similar thread, I couldn't be bothered with the threat of having things randomly stop, so I just put the application out of its misery.
    01-02-18 09:50 AM
99 123 ...