Hey guys,

I just upgraded from a 9900 to a Blackberry Classic running the latest version of 10.3. I paired the phone via Bluetooth with my 2012 Elantra, and it was working great at first! I was so happy that this OS 7 issue had not carried over... As of yesterday however, I'm getting a "pairing failed" notification from my car.

I had this exact same issue when I upgraded my 9900 to a newer version of OS 7, I think I went from 7.0 to 7.1. The only related threads I can find are OS 7 related... Basically I had to tell my 9900 to disable all Bluetooth features except the Handsfree Calling one, otherwise after deleting the device and re-pairing, I'd get maybe 3-4 successful auto-connects and then it would refuse to pair unless I deleted and re-paired again.

I've just done the delete and re-pair with the Classic today, which worked for now, so we'll see how long I get out of this pairing, but it's certainly not a permanent solution. I'd like to be able to actually use the Audio Streaming features!

Has anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution or workaround under OS 10, other than disabling certain Bluetooth features and/or deleting and re-pairing the car/phone every day or two?
    04-07-15 07:07 PM
    I don't have a Classic but a Z30. I tried 5 times to pair my device after the OS load. After it finally paired I have not had an issue since.
    04-07-15 08:37 PM
    I don't have a Classic but a Z30. I tried 5 times to pair my device after the OS load. After it finally paired I have not had an issue since.
    That's the strange thing! It pairs on the first try, and connects automatically the next 4-6 times I start the car (I'm guessing, didn't count exactly) and then suddenly won't pair on start. I've also tried going into the Bluetooth screen on my BlackBerry and asking it to connect, which has the same "pairing failed" blaring at me from my car's speakers!

I deleted and re-paired today, so far 3 car starts have paired automatically (with successful audio streaming), so we'll see. On my 9900 I did this dance several times before giving up and disabling everything except the handsfree function.
    04-07-15 09:03 PM
    Hi there,

Had the same issue with pairing my Z10 with Hyundai i40 and it was present until my first yearly check of a car. During it firmware of Hyundai was updated as I was told and since that there has not been any single issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:02 AM