You can do that right now too... While you are recording a video, press the volume button on the side and it will take a picture while you're still recording the video...
    Are you implying we can do this now on 10.1 or on the newer 10.2 leaks.. I'm on 10.1 and I just tried that and both volume buttons and the play/pause button start/stop recording.. they don't take a pic while recording.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 02:02 AM
    Jaycuts is at 50% capability at the minute so much more holding back hopefully 10.2 the devs get unleashed.

Annnnnnd, the CEO of Jaycut left BlackBerry sometime in the last one or two weeks, along with the CEO of tungle.me.

Seems BlackBerry has a habit of acquiring innovative companies and then either cutting their legs off at the knees, or frustrating them until they get fed up and leave.
    07-16-13 03:46 AM
    Annnnnnd, the CEO of Jaycut left BlackBerry sometime in the last one or two weeks, along with the CEO of tungle.me.

Seems BlackBerry has a habit of acquiring innovative companies and then either cutting their legs off at the knees, or frustrating them until they get fed up and leave.
    Couldn't they be like the CEO of TAT and just like creating new start-ups? Granted it doesn't help BBRY that these brilliant minds are walking out the door, but it's hard to judge looking from the outside in without any official comments from them or BBRY.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    lorax1284 and dglx3d like this.
    07-16-13 04:18 AM
    The truth is it would be very difficult to retain the CEOs of acquihires. They have the habit of moving onto the next project rather than improving the current one. That brings them more money and also give them the flexibility of working on their own terms.

07-16-13 07:25 AM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:54 PM
    Couldn't they be like the CEO of TAT and just like creating new start-ups? Granted it doesn't help BBRY that these brilliant minds are walking out the door, but it's hard to judge looking from the outside in without any official comments from them or BBRY.

They may prefer to be entrepreneurs, but if they insist on doing that I would argue that in most cases, it severely diminishes the value of the company they just made a crapload of money selling off.

This just happened when Yahoo bought tumblr - the majority of the top management announced almost immediately that they were flying the coop. When you pay billions of dollars for a company, that is NOT good. Especially since those people are typically the philosophical underpinnings of the business, and responsible in many ways for its appeal to its customers.

It's like someone bought Ford Motors, but no one gave them blueprints, manuals, service information, policy/procedural documents or the company contact list.
    00stryder and lorax1284 like this.
    07-16-13 10:36 PM
    Current low light icon is the same icon as the one you posted, I'm guessing they will change the icon around?
    Yes, they're working on a new icon for low light.

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    07-16-13 10:58 PM
    They may prefer to be entrepreneurs, but if they insist on doing that I would argue that in most cases, it severely diminishes the value of the company they just made a crapload of money selling off.

This just happened when Yahoo bought tumblr - the majority of the top management announced almost immediately that they were flying the coop. When you pay billions of dollars for a company, that is NOT good. Especially since those people are typically the philosophical underpinnings of the business, and responsible in many ways for its appeal to its customers.

It's like someone bought Ford Motors, but no one gave them blueprints, manuals, service information, policy/procedural documents or the company contact list.
    True, though as I understood it, the head of TAT stayed on for roughly a year to oversee the transition and ensure that the "BlackBerry Sweden" (or was it RIM Sweden? I forget) team was well established? I think CB had an article about it and as I understood it, he left seemingly content that what remained of TAT would be well taken care of.

In any case, exodus from companies are usually not good, but either way we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-17-13 12:10 AM
    Sweet

via my amazing Z10
    07-17-13 02:32 PM
    Shall be happily waiting for the roll out....cheers
    07-17-13 11:40 PM
    Does anyone know if 10.2 might have the ability to take pictures while video recording?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:51 PM
    wow, 60fps video recording will be mighty awesome, a feature I've been waiting for so long, none of the top smartphones provide that feature in the market now, not even the Lumia 1020.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 11:38 PM
    Of course as soon as I bought the Panorama app...

Posted via CB10
    tonytraj17 likes this.
    07-21-13 10:32 AM
    Confirmed

Posted via CB10
    Sweet.
    07-21-13 10:34 AM
    Maybe it's for taking action shots like a football or formula 1 racing car flying by :P

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:13 AM
    I'd also like to see a

"record the screen activity and the microphone as a video file to show how insipid and irritating text selection is so BlackBerry development team can tune it so I don't have an experience that reminds me of the lyrics to 'Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before' by The Smiths when I'm editing CB posts on my Z10."

mode.
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    07-21-13 05:47 PM
    Hats off to the BlackBerry engineers. They seem to be working like mad dogs on OS 10.2. This is way more than I even imagined would be in 10.2. If this all pans out to be in 10.2 they will definitely catch up fully to the other OS' and even surpass them on some areas.
    Yep, to me it looks like 10.1 was "smash the bugs ASAP" (except Verizon) and 10.2 is "ramp the feature set".
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-22-13 01:29 AM
    Doesn't matter how good the camera module or camera software is or gets, I'll always prefer my trusty Nikon F3.
    07-22-13 09:28 AM
    I would like to add panorama pictures as a wallpaper with gyroscope effect like in iOS7 would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-22-13 10:06 AM
    What does the "High Speed" mode do? Is it like, burst mode or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:21 AM
    It's probably to create slow motion/timeshift effects.

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    07-22-13 11:22 AM
    I thought you already tested it.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:42 PM
    I thought you already tested it.

Posted via CB10
    It's not active yet. I only saw the icons for the camera app.
    07-22-13 07:28 PM
    Doesn't matter how good the camera module or camera software is or gets, I'll always prefer my trusty Nikon F3.

I love my Nikon film cameras, but film is getting harder to find and much more expensive these days. I'm probably going to have to sell them pretty soon before their value gets down to practically nothing.
    07-22-13 11:15 PM
    I'd also like to see a

"record the screen activity and the microphone as a video file to show how insipid and irritating text selection is so BlackBerry development team can tune it so I don't have an experience that reminds me of the lyrics to 'Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before' by The Smiths when I'm editing CB posts on my Z10." mode.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...things-817227/

Though to be fair, the old Verizon Z10 OS build is particularly bad in that regard.

The 10.1 leak I have on mine is significantly better, but still very very frustrating in terms of cursor control.

I wonder if you have seen this - I haven't tried it yet:

BlackBerry World - TrackPad Editor
    07-22-13 11:16 PM
170 ... 23456 ...