So I was asked as I was showing a friend from NY my awesome Z 10, "what app is that" constantly...lol...i said it's not, it's QNX and then I proceeded to show him my apps including NETFLIX...his biggest impression was the SPEED and TRUE MULTITASKING, HUB, LOVED the keyboard ...he is an iphone user and I found no problem with that
    He asked " so you don't have an iphone"
    I just wanted to share with him this slice of heaven I found called QNX-BB10...we are tech geeks with successful businesses and deal with technology on a daily basis
    It would be a waste of my life and time to login to IMORE just to complain especially since I know how IOS works

White STL100-4 OS10.2.0.1761
    Amey88 and anfidhlear like this.
    09-30-13 05:19 PM
    Haters are gonna hate no matter what you write but if iOS is so great then why are all these clowns hanging around in a BB forum. I personally haven't ever logged into iMORE

THANK YOU

09-30-13 05:22 PM
    At least half of these features are on other platforms as well.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah no they are not. BBM, Time shift only on BlackBerry or at least till they figure out #BBM4ALL.
    Most of these like QNX is proprietary to BlackBerry.

Zed 10 - 10.2.0.1047. In your face VZW
    09-30-13 09:27 PM
    Haters are gonna hate no matter what you write but if iOS is so great then why are all these clowns hanging around in a BB forum. I personally haven't ever logged into iMORE

Haha yeah because it's only BlackBerry who has "peak" option kidding.

35. "BlackBerry has Kevin"

Posted via CB10
    AlexR1 likes this.
    09-30-13 10:33 PM
    1. Time Shift Camera

Not exclusive. Modern devices have 60-120 fps burst shot.

2. BBM Video

BB to BB only. I do not have friends with BB10. Useless.

3. Vid Share

Same as BBM video

4. Ability to download files from internet sites and open them directly from my device.

As on other platform - nothing special.

5. Password strength with password keeper

KeePass, 1Password... All of them more powerful and secure

iOS have shared keychain - great feature. BB10 does not have keychain.

6. Reader mode in browser

As on other platforms

7. Virtual keyboard.

As on other platforms

8. BB Hub integration.

Personally I don't like it.

9. QNX platform has the ability to run 32 cores.

Who's care? 8 apps limit, ugly headless app realization that non released in 10.2

10. Android runtime allows for side loading.

Required advanced user skills, 3rd party tools installed, piracy, security breach

11. HDMI mini port

Required wire. I prefer wireless

12. NFC

As on other platforms. Personally I found it useless

13. Removable battery

Who's care? Z30 and Q5 don't have it. Anyway there a lot of external batteries.

14. SD card slot

Who's care in 2013? Today cloud time is. Had it in my 9900 - never used it.

15. Story Maker

Did you see other solutions or just read marketing papers?

16. Automobile integration that just works...automatically

Woooow! Had it 5-7 years a go with other platforms.

17. TRUE MULTITASKING

Who's care on TRUE multitasking? 8 apps only. On iOS have "save state" multitasking. For most of all use cases is enough.

Android have multitasking too (background)... and background apps.
    List a bunch of crap that your phone can do and I can come up with reasons why they are all useless too. Really creative there buddy. Why don't you go somewhere else. This is a thread for people to appreciate what BlackBerry can do.

Downloading music from the browser and being able to play it on my pc/tv is awesome. All these listed features are great for me. I'm sure iPhone users are happy with their phones and Android users as well. It's amazing what technology has accomplished. I'm excited for the future.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP and jh07 like this.
    10-01-13 02:34 AM
    I'm excited for the future.
    De-ja-vu. Palm Pre....

Just one question - if it so cool, where is sales?

Is that "benefits" so cool, to make "sells like a hell", so why peoples select other smartphones (android/ios/wp)? Maybe you wrong about this "benefits", did you think about it?

Market tell you clearly - no one care about true multitasking, wire HDMI, open file system, BBM video, screen share... etc. No one want to pay and have a fun with sideloading apps from other platform!

Q2 - sold (not shipped, shipped about 2.8 millions, 1 million write-down) ... 600K, only!!! 600K, just think about feature. At Q1 was been sold more than million. This is a reality. I can see future trend - Palm Pre history repeating. And you?

http://www.popsci.com/gear-amp-gadge...ter-iphone-3gs

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10261260-1.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/16252...ne_killer.html

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/48-hours-with-a-palm-pre/

Last edited by AlexXF; 10-01-13 at 04:49 PM.
    jh07 likes this.
    10-01-13 04:19 PM
    De-ja-vu. Palm Pre....

Is that "benefits" so cool, to make "sells like a hell", so why peoples select other smartphones (android/ios/wp)? Maybe you wrong about this "benefits", did you think about it?

Market tell you clearly - no one care about true multitasking, wire HDMI, open file system, BBM video, screen share... etc. No one want to pay and have a fun with sideloading apps from other platform!

Q2 - sold (not shipped, shipped about 2.8 millions, 1 million write-down) ... 600K, only!!! 600K, just think about feature. At Q1 was been sold more than million. This is a reality. I can see future trend - Palm Pre history repeating. And you?

Why thank you for sharing since obviously we can't read....lol....obviously YOU can't read...lol....not what the thread is about....move on

10-01-13 04:46 PM
    ICloud and remote storage is only good if you have a signal. If you don't have a signal or wifi you're shafted.

Simple.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-01-13 05:55 PM
    The 18 coolest features in BB10 that you probably didn't know about-img_00000432.png

Jump through messages in the BlackBerry Hub without a physical keyboard...

From the Z...
    10-01-13 05:57 PM
    So AlexXF you only bought your iPhone because millions of others did??

Sums up an iPhone user perfectly.

Millions of needless functions bought by millions.

I like the iPhone 5S btw, it's a beautiful piece of artwork and technology but I just prefer my Z10. Simple. To the point. Functional. A communication device without the fluff.

ITunes is what puts me off, it's all locked in.

A UK Z10 Owner
    Mic_JP, Amey88, R Field and 1 others like this.
    10-01-13 06:00 PM
    De-ja-vu. Palm Pre....

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/48-hours-with-a-palm-pre/

I don't really understand what you're trying to say but I don't care who does or doesn't buy blackberry. I like it and it works for me. Like the other guy said, you probably just bought your phone because that's what everyone else is doing. Good for you, I'm glad you like you're phone. I'm not saying that other phones don't work either, it's just not what works for me. And a lot of people care about true multitasking and hdmi and all of those other things, maybe you don't, but you're not everyone. If you want to start a thread about what you're iPhone does, go to the iPhone equivalent of this site although I would argue there is no equivalent. And if you like palm pre so much then go get one, just because they aren't really popular doesn't mean it's not good. Do things that you want to do and that you like because of that reason, don't buy stuff because that's what other people do. Be your own person, we're all different and that's what makes the world such an amazing and fun place. We have so many options to choose from, why not try them all? If iPhone was the only smartphone in the world, I guarantee people like you that don't think for themselves would be the only people who loved it, everyone else would be tired of it. Maybe when blackberry gets old I'll switch to something else but for now, I'm really happy with my phone and I'm happy for what's in store for it.

Posted via CB10
    Amey88 likes this.
    10-01-13 07:00 PM
    #39. BlackBerry10 can start more debates than any iPhone.

Lol.

A UK Z10 Owner
    Mic_JP, AlexR1 and anfidhlear like this.
    10-01-13 07:18 PM
    #39. BlackBerry10 can start more debates than any iPhone.

Lol.

A UK Z10 Owner
    Hahaha... so true. And that's even without the pastel candy coating.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:52 PM
    Close folders by swiping sideways on the bottom gesture area.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    10-01-13 08:19 PM
    Even better don't need to spend 100 bucks on apple tv for the same option.

Posted via CB10
    You forgot having to buy proprietary cables lol...

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    anfidhlear likes this.
    10-01-13 10:05 PM
    I'm sorry but number 17 is as true as it gets. Maybe you don't know the definition to what true means?

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    As true as it gets? You've obviously never used an N900 or N9 if you think BB10's implementation is as true as it gets.
    As much as I like it, Live multitasking it is not.
    In actuality, it's no different than having a dedicated visible screen for "running" apps (aka android, wp etc) with only a little bit of fluff to break the pretence of suspend to ram...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:16 PM
    1. Time Shift Camera

Not exclusive. Modern devices have 60-120 fps burst shot.

2. BBM Video

BB to BB only. I do not have friends with BB10. Useless.

3. Vid Share

Same as BBM video

4. Ability to download files from internet sites and open them directly from my device.

As on other platform - nothing special.

5. Password strength with password keeper

KeePass, 1Password... All of them more powerful and secure

iOS have shared keychain - great feature. BB10 does not have keychain.

6. Reader mode in browser

As on other platforms

7. Virtual keyboard.

As on other platforms

8. BB Hub integration.

Personally I don't like it.

9. QNX platform has the ability to run 32 cores.

Who's care? 8 apps limit, ugly headless app realization that non released in 10.2

10. Android runtime allows for side loading.

Required advanced user skills, 3rd party tools installed, piracy, security breach

11. HDMI mini port

Required wire. I prefer wireless

12. NFC

As on other platforms. Personally I found it useless

13. Removable battery

Who's care? Z30 and Q5 don't have it. Anyway there a lot of external batteries.

14. SD card slot

Who's care in 2013? Today cloud time is. Had it in my 9900 - never used it.

15. Story Maker

Did you see other solutions or just read marketing papers?

16. Automobile integration that just works...automatically

Woooow! Had it 5-7 years a go with other platforms.

17. TRUE MULTITASKING

Who's care on TRUE multitasking? 8 apps only. On iOS have "save state" multitasking. For most of all use cases is enough.

Android have multitasking too (background)... and background apps.
    So much fail in this post I don't even know where to begin. Please do not speak if you don't know what you're talking about. You sound as ignorant as a CNET and BGR article on BlackBerry 10.

1. Time shift - not the same as burst shot that just takes multiple images not a video that allows you to select the image you want by touch

2. BBM video may be useless to you but I have lots of friends with BlackBerry 10 devices. You comparison is the same as me saying I message is useless to me. At least bbm is going cross platform.

3. See above

4. Ease and efficency something I don't get from Apple devices. Just dumbed down for the masses

5. Why exactly are they more secure than password keeper? Especially when I can hack your lockscreen and touchID?

6. This is correct

7. Sorry auto correct sucks a** on the iphone. It doesn't allow you to type multiple languages with predictive text and doesn't have a adaptive keyboard like the z10 sorry no comparison.

8. Preference again. Many people love it including Android users. Much more efficient and I don't need to open a app to do what I want. I can use the app directly through the hub.

9. People who want to buy a device built for the future instead of buying a device with nearly the same thing with a coat of paint...
    Headless apps sdk is available for 10.2..
    No security breach android apps are sandboxed do your research..nothing is given access to the micro kernel

10. I didn't know drag and drop of a apk file or bar file and punching in your IP address was rocket science. This is extremely helpful for those missing apps. Plus I get BlackBerry 10 apps.

11. DLNA wireless miracast or a $10 hdmi cable vs $100 apple TV.

12. Not useless can be used for mobile file sharing, adding contacts, making tags, mobile payments etc. A lot more useful to me than 10 year old fingerprint scanner technology ...

13. Many people care so they don't have to plug in batteries if they're on the road for a long time

14. I don't want any of my important data on a cloud. I want my media on a SD card. Enjoy paying a few hundred for extra storage that is built in non removable.

15. Story maker is awesome I just put a ton of video files from my contour to cut down and edit on my z10 because it was faster than my laptop at processing it. Much fewer steps as well.

16. Sorry when did other platforms have mobile apps and could bbm video in the car?

17. Most people care about real multitasking. Ios7 causes refreshing of content when going in between apps. When I need to get multiple things done at once. Which is a main selling point of a buying a BlackBerry in the first place. I want something that will allow for seamless flow. BlackBerry 10 is what allows for that.

IMore is that way>>>>. Keep your ignorance there.

The 18 coolest features in BB10 that you probably didn't know about-img_20131310_edit.png

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    Last edited by R Field; 10-02-13 at 01:21 PM.
    10-01-13 10:51 PM
    I think Op's list is not listing the right things. There are many other cool features of z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:02 PM
    So much fail in this post I don't even know where to begin. Please do not speak if you don't know what you're talking about. You sound as ignorant as a CNET and BGR article on BlackBerry 10.

1. Time shift - not the same as burst shot that just takes multiple images not a video that allows you to select the image you want by touch

2. BBM video may be useless to you but I have lots of friends with BlackBerry 10 devices. You comparison is the same as me saying I message is useless to me. At least bbm is going cross platform.

3. See above

4. Ease and efficency something I don't get from Apple devices. Just dumbed down for the masses

5. Why exactly are they more secure than password keeper? Especially when I can hack your lockscreen and touchID?

6. This is correct

7. Sorry auto correct sucks a** on the iphone. It doesn't allow you to type multiple languages with predictive text and doesn't have a adaptive keyboard like the z10 sorry no comparison.

8. Preference again. Many people love it including Android users. Much more efficient and I don't need to open a app to do what I want. I can use the app directly through the hub.

9. People who want to buy a device built for the future instead of buying a device with nearly the same thing with a coat of paint...
    Headless apps sdk is available for 10.2..
    No security breach android apps are sandboxed do your research..nothing is given access to the micro kernel

10. I didn't know drag and drop of a apk file or bar file and punching in your I address was rocket science. This is extremely helpful for those missing apps. Plus I get BlackBerry 10 apps.

11. DLNA wireless miracast or a $10 hdmi cable vs $100 apple TV.

12. Not useless can be used for mobile file sharing, adding contacts, making tags, mobile payments etc. A lot more useful to me than 10 year old fingerprint scanner technology ...

13. Many people care so they don't have to plug in batteries if they're on the road for a long time

14. I don't want any of my important data on a cloud. I want my media on a SD card. Enjoy paying a few hundred for extra storage that is built in non removable.

15. Story maker is awesome I just put a ton of video files from my contour to cut down and edit on my z10 because it was faster than my laptop at processing it. Much fewer steps as well.

16. Sorry when did other platforms have mobile apps and could bbm video in the car?

17. Most people care about real multitasking. Ios7 causes refreshing of content when going in between apps. When I need to get multiple things done at once. Which is a main selling point of a buying a BlackBerry in the first place. I want something that will allow for seamless flow. BlackBerry 10 is what allows for that.

IMore is that way>>>>. Keep your ignorance there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131310_edit.png 
Views:	751 
Size:	406.8 KB 
ID:	207022

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    High Five brother! All that I wanted to say but there are some narrow minded people who won't understand so I preferred not to reply! Some ppl are happy in their bubble, why not to leave them alone instead And I bet you, your reply won't make any difference on him! He will still be busy with his criticism wait and watch

You Nailed it \m/

Posted via CB10
    anfidhlear and DeepakM like this.
    10-01-13 11:32 PM
    As true as it gets? You've obviously never used an N900 or N9 if you think BB10's implementation is as true as it gets.
    As much as I like it, Live multitasking it is not.
    In actuality, it's no different than having a dedicated visible screen for "running" apps (aka android, wp etc) with only a little bit of fluff to break the pretence of suspend to ram...

Posted via CB10
    Pftt.

10-02-13 11:32 AM
    I think Op's list is not listing the right things. There are many other cool features of z10.

Posted via CB10
    Add them
    10-02-13 11:46 AM
    Pftt.

LOL
    Incapable of either arguing intelligently or acknowledging ignorance....

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:21 PM
    You must be fun at parties

Posted via CB10
    He was probably the one who got thrown out alot.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:43 PM
    That would require BlackBerry to have a functioning, competent Marketing Department. Unfortunately, they've demonstrated quite well that no such department exists.
    I've been thinking about this exact same thing a lot over the past few days. People like Apple because it's "cool." Same with most Android devices.
    People think things are cool when they're told to think that.

If BlackBerry's marketing department can't figure out how to successfully sell the hell out of the best smartphone in existence, they are the most incompetent morons on the planet. They've got a free shot with an untended goal, and they haven't even looked at the ball yet.
    Here's hoping the bulk of the recent layoffs were in marketing.
    Amey88 likes this.
    10-03-13 05:14 AM
    Add them
    Well, for the features that they should be advertising about...
    - hub attachment of attachments from other mesaagesg
    - remote access
    - screen share through BBM
    - data encryption
    - built in .zip functions
    - ever note integration (could be improved but still really good!)
    - Dropbox /box integration
    - priority inbox
    - colour coding of emails
    - actionable toasts
    - BBM channels (more addictive than I expected tbh)
    - BlackBerry beta zone
    - ability to set alarm by dragging the buttons around
    - block incoming calls when abroad (unfortunately can't block individual numbers)
    - cloud services in contact
    - have your favourite contacts displayed up there (so useful!)
    - BlackBerry travel
    - integration with car bluetooth (call a certain number to activate voice control immediately)
    - auto substitution with mypin, mynumber
    - ability to auto correct with up to 3 languages at the Same time on the keyboard (so important for duo linguists!)
    - click anywhere to take a photo (this is one of the most under rated feature imo!)

And I'm not even stating stuff I think there will Prob be available on android devices too...

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP and Amey88 like this.
    10-03-13 11:56 PM
148 ... 3456